paddedone

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Diaperfur
  4. Little
Hey Everybody,
I need your help. I have about ten diapers left and am having trouble picking a replacement. I'm 5'10 with a 32 inch waist. I was thinking about getting a Dry 24/7 but have read that they run large and I am at the bottom of size range. Abena, Northshore and ABU mediums fit me well but I want to try something new. Will the Dry 24/7 fit me? Are there any recommendations for premium diapers?

Thanks.

Last edited:
What you've heard about the size ranges is true, they do run large. I'd recommend trying some samples before you commit to any large quantity. That said, I still have some ConfiDrys leftover and haven't used them because I have found the Northshore Supreme to be significantly better. Part of that is just how they fit your body but it's also true that I've not found any diaper that wicks as well as the NS. They're not the thickest, but you use the ENTIRE diaper before it leaks.

Just my two pence.

-RMS

I'm in between sizes too. I'm 6'4" and about 220. I wear a 34" waist in jeans but measure about 38". I am very comfortable in a md for Confidri 24/7 as they tend to run large. In addition to Confidri 24/7s, I also use Northshore Supremes, but take a large in them.

The Northshore Care web site has sizing charts, but better yet they have customer service people on line and they are great at responding to email. Give the your hip and waist measurements and I'm sure they will be able to help.

I've been finding out that it's so important t have a product which keeps you comfortable and confident.

CD mediums are small mediums, and larges are big larges. I can't quite fit in medium, and I'm almost swimming in large but they're workable.

I gave up there diapers. Always had tape popping issues. And that was when sleeping!

RMS401 is correct. I do like the D247 a lot, but everytime I use a northshore supreme I notice that it does wick incredibly well. It may actually be the best night diaper (at least) around. Never leaked out of one while sleeping on back, etc. The supreme lite is good as well, but does not seem to wick as well overall, I think? Either are a good choice. I do think the cut and fit of the NS supreme to be better than the D247, too.

Maybe small molicares?

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

I'm about the same size as you. The medium Dry 24/7's are too big on me. I've used the smalls and they are a better fit. My preferred diaper is the Northshore Supreme (medium). I've worn them day and night for two years. My only gripe with the NS is they are little short in the length, but I mean maybe an inch or two. Otherwise, great diaper.

PamperDamper said:
I use a northshore supreme I notice that it does wick incredibly well. It may actually be the best night diaper (at least) around.

Try a Safari ;) Seems to have about the same sap ratio for fast wicking, but MUCH thicker / more padding. Also much more expensive tho.... NS may be the better value for the $.

I'd also toss out the new Magnifico. I just got in a case of those and they wick really really well, and are very high capacity. But again, $$.

I'd have a difficult time calling which of NorthShore / Confidry have a higher capacity, but again their current model wicks really well, and CD aren't that much more expensive.

Thank you everybody for your kind responses. This has definitely steered me away from the Dry 24/7 as I don't think they're worth the investment of 8 dollars for a sample or 37 for one pack.

paddedone said:
Will the Dry 24/7 fit me?
I'm an inch taller than you with a 31 inch waist and the dry24/7 smalls fit me perfectly. As a result of that, I actually consider them the best medical diaper I've ever worn.

paddedone said:
Thank you everybody for your kind responses. This has definitely steered me away from the Dry 24/7 as I don't think they're worth the investment of 8 dollars for a sample or 37 for one pack.

Well, very few sample packs are what most would consider a "good value". Though IMO, a bag of 8 is a much better sampler than 1 or 2. (except in cases where you are concerned about the size and want one of say, M and L, to figure out what to order more of)

The QTTY Rawr are actually the cheapest "sample" bag" of premiums I've seen recently. Bag of 10 for $31 shipped. They're not super absorbent, but they're definitely a good deal at $3/pc for a sample-quantity order. If you do go for those, they fit on the small side, so order larger.

I wish they would make the mediums bigger to help those of us that are to big for their mediums but to small for their larges

wetatnight said:
I wish they would make the mediums bigger to help those of us that are to big for their mediums but to small for their larges

If you want to move a half a size the best thing to do is to go to a brand that's a half a size off. Or eat a sammich ;)

I like dry 24/7 a lot, i use the mediums which are cut bigger but thats fine for me because im a bigger guy with a bit of a tummy. My main go to diapers have been abena m4, dry24/7 and more recently wellness superio for night time use. After all this talk of north shore I may need to try some, its always worth paying for samples when trying a new diaper, paying a crazy dollar per diaper cost up front saves u from getting screwed later on, besides which, a lot of these quality diapers cost a lot anyways. I have recently discovered the awesomeness that is rearz safari, but being in the us makes these hard to find and expensive. I'd almost guess that bambino, abu and rearzare some of the most expensive diapers on the market and are probably not meant to be a diaper for every day use.

nikthewerelion said:
After all this talk of north shore I may need to try some, its always worth paying for samples when trying a new diaper, paying a crazy dollar per diaper cost up front saves u from getting screwed later on, besides which, a lot of these quality diapers cost a lot anyways.

I emailed Northshore and they sent me samples and they didn't cost anything. I've found them to be very helpful and the Northshore Supreme is an excellent product. I use them, Confidry 24/7 and Abena m or l 4. Of the three, I think I like the Northshore Supreme best.

Oh wow I may need to look at northshore and see if I get a free sample, but I just am about to get a whole case of comfydry and abena so the next time I get another case or 2 will be in April.

I bought some the small Confidry's and even though the fit I thought they were still to small and just didn't like how they felt. I made the mistake of ordering the mediums without trying them first and the diaper almost wrapped around me twice (not really but still to big).

So I just ordered a free sample of northshore supreme mediums, can anyone who weaves these tell me if they are more similar to abena m4 or a dry 24/7 in how they fit. Thanks

A medium Dry 24/7 seems to be a bit bigger. At least on me they didn't feel as tight as the Supremes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back