Added Protection

Status
Not open for further replies.

Firehawk

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
Well I finally got a duvet cover and I must say it makes me feel a little more comfortable knowing that if I do have a leak which happens more often than not that I want have to wash the duvet. It is a little noisy to sleep under though but I'm sure I'll get used to that.

Is it a waterproof duvet cover or is it just that your leaks are so slight that a single layer is enough to keep the duvet dry?

-RMS

If you go to babykin's online you can buy a real nice cotton t-shirt feeling sheet material that has a noise less water proof barrier sandwiched between the two sides , you buy it buy the yard and it is awesome stuff,I have been sleeping on this stuff for the 10 years , my mattress has an irregular shape being I have bumpers and grab points built into it (the bumper keeps me from hurting myself during a seizure or falling out , the grab points are to help me transfer from my wheelchair ) so I bought enough of it to make sheets by sewing cheap hospital bed sheets to the ends to tuck in , you can also make great pillowcases and comforters and such out of it , and a normal person would not know it was any different than a luxurious sheet. It comes in white but can be died to any color.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

RMS401 said:
Is it a waterproof duvet cover or is it just that your leaks are so slight that a single layer is enough to keep the duvet dry?

-RMS

It's a waterproof duvet cover. My leaks vary from night to night and have to wash the duvet every few days, that's why I got the cover.

Thanks Tetra I'll look into that as well doesn't hurt to have more than one cover :)

My wetting isn't completely uncontrolled at night but the big production of getting out of bed, removing my diapers to use the toilet is just too much. I wear a heavy cloth pull-up diaper ( most of the time with a cloth insert and a "disposable diaper liner" (to make BM clean-up easier) along with heavy gauge plastic pants I seldom experience leaks. I do use a comfortable cloth bed pad with a water proof backing to catch any leaks if they do occur. We all eventually find what works for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back