Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Best Song Ever

Default Best Song Ever

What do think the best song ever is, I could have made this a poll but there are just too many possibilities. So what song (and why if you want). For me it has to be Guru Josh Project - Infinity, why? because it is such a good song, and sounds brilliant on my new speakers, not mention the bass on our surround sound system (450W subwoofer )

Well, I have to go with a song from my favorite band ever, Blind guardian. So far I havn't heard any one else even mention this band, but that's ok. It's hard to choose my favorite song because there are so many. I believe this is one of their best.

YouTube - And Then There Was Silence - Blind Guardian - A Night At The Opera

The playlist on the right has nearly every song by blind guardian.

There is no correct answer here. So what is my best song ever? It's got to be "Rocket Man" by Elton John, and the reason is because I know and love rocket man. When my newspaper boy friend turned 17 or 18, abouts, he bought a big motorcycle. He called himself rocketman, and he and I would go out riding. I would hold on to him and he would blast through beach traffic at 60 MPH. We were young and thought we could live for ever, even be young for ever. Yeah, I'm rocket man.....

Whenever I think of "Rocket Man", the William Shatner version always pops into my head. I just can't help it.

My favorite song is probably Peter Gabriel's "In Your Eyes". The thing is, I've loved it since the first time I heard it when it was released in 1985. My brother was a huge Genesis fan and picked So up the day it was released. I remember my friends thought I was nuts when I said how great the song was. The funny thing is, it has only gained in popularity as the years go by and it ended up as one of our prom theme songs in 1991.

Quote Originally Posted by ajsco View Post
    What do think the best song ever is, I could have made this a poll but there are just too many possibilities. So what song (and why if you want). For me it has to be Guru Josh Project - Infinity, why? because it is such a good song, and sounds brilliant on my new speakers, not mention the bass on our surround sound system (450W subwoofer )
    I know this is random, but I has much much more bass than you >

just 2 15s and twenty-five hundred watts rms :3

As far as Best Song Ever goes (and not looking at what our favourite is), I'd have to say Stairway to Heaven, which is the most requested and played song of all time on Western Radios, and has sold the most sheet music ever.

Rolling Stone Mag chose Bob Dylan's Like a Rolling Stone as the #1 song of all time, and that's a pretty good one too.

Quote Originally Posted by Jakethefox View Post
    I know this is random, but I has much much more bass than you >

just 2 15s and twenty-five hundred watts rms :3
    How loud? can it do ~150dB (for about 20 seconds without blowing up lol, but it can still distort your voice when you speak )
    I take it's like a pro system, setup sort of thing you've got.

Asher

Day in the Life by the Beatles is a great song; I would consider that one of the best.

Queen's Bohemian Rhapsody is pretty good too. : )

Quote Originally Posted by ajsco View Post
    How loud? can it do ~150dB (for about 20 seconds without blowing up lol, but it can still distort your voice when you speak )
    I take it's like a pro system, setup sort of thing you've got.
    Nope, just 2 SR-prototype 15s and a Behringer EP2500, it may be a PA amp, but it sure does the trick for the bedroom.

Yup, certified TB/DL/BF Basshead to the bone.

and if your wondering about numbers, 143 flat @ 40hz.

these Prototype's (yes, I build woofers now) have managed to last off the wall outlet without damage.
    SR Versus wall outlet = 4 hours, 27 minutes, and 36 seconds before dying (they start to smell after about 4 hours btw)

Yea, they can take a LOT of juice.
    Precision Ecowind coils FTW.