Sleep Apnea

Status
Not open for further replies.
I also have apnea and have used a cpap machine since 2006.
I still don't sleep good and wake 4 to 5 times a night needing to go.
Nice thing about diapers is i don't have to take off the mask and go to the bathroom then try to go back to sleep.
i have a new sleep study on the 26the of this month.

My new cpap reports in the the doctor and i wonder if they notice i don't get up at night?? or the fact i sleep odd hours.
like during the day and awake at night.

nikthewerelion said:
Hi, i also have apnea and have used a cpap machine since 2012. My bedwetting issues shortly after i started using the machine, i realize that it usually works the other way, where the wetting issues stop, but for me thats when they started, and continue to this day. It's not often that i have an accident, but once or twice a month is enough for me. Also i pee a lot anyways at night and having to get up multiple times while trying to fall asleep just makes it that much harder to actually sleep so I usually end up just using my diaper every night, which has helped me get to sleep or more easily fall back asleep when i only partially wake up at like 3 am to wet my diaper. Cpap is a great help, even if it does cause me to need diapers, its better than less sleep or very poor sleep at that.

This was my experience as well. The doctors all told me that it was very odd and strange that my issues started after using the machine. But because I got such better sleep, I continued using it, and just wore diapers. It was definitely a nuisance and added stress keeping it secret at times - especially trips. After I lost s lot of weight in the last year (from 320lbs to 230), the bed wetting stopped although I still use my cpap machine. I'm hoping to get some nose and tonsil surgeries to get me off the machine for good. We shall see.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back