Thread: Guitar Hero: Metallica

Default Guitar Hero: Metallica

Holy effing shit, Metallica is here. Finally. FINALLY. Win. Pwned. Winnage.

Ending the babbling, for those of you who still haven't figured out by now that I'm a complete Metallica-head (I don't think fanboy works for music as much). This is the holy grail of games for me. As a Rock Band guy, previously a Guitar Hero guy, I nearly fainted when I saw that a :Metallica version was in the works.

... And then there was the commercial. Lars, Kirk, James, and Rob (still love ya, Cliff <3) blow up a mudderfuggin' house. I grinned from ear to ear.

God I just have no words. This is the epidimey of games -- even after the whole music-based video game genre buzz died off.

I mean we're talking HARDCORE gaming here, where if you're not a full-hardcore player, or long time player of the series of games, you would never stand a chance with this game.

I can't WAIT to thrash this game. Be prepared for thrash-rants and completely pointless buzzed posts that probably won't make any sense.

When I'm done with this game, there ain't no one getting out alive.

Now only if I thought Metallica was good anymore. Really, there new stuff has nothing on their old stuff but isn't like 3/4ths of the band replacements now? I think there drummer is the only orginal member if I recall right.

I love the guitar hero Matalica commercial. You know the commercial they've been playing where it was that one song where you slide into camra view in your underwear, well the commercial started the same way, but no one slid into view. A few seconts later you see the four people from the first commercial being ductaped to a tree and matalica says "you really think we were going to let them dance around in their underwear for OUR commercial?" Then they blow up the house! It's epic!

It's really a shame that they didn't release this for Rock Band. If they did, I wouldn't hesitate and buy it. As is, I don't play Guitar Hero that much anymore. It's way more fun to play Rock Band with several people playing together in a band.

Quote Originally Posted by link View Post
    I love the guitar hero Matalica commercial. You know the commercial they've been playing where it was that one song where you slide into camra view in your underwear, well the commercial started the same way, but no one slid into view. A few seconts later you see the four people from the first commercial being ductaped to a tree and matalica says "you really think we were going to let them dance around in their underwear for OUR commercial?" Then they blow up the house! It's epic!
    epically stupid maybe.. It's one of the worst ad's I seen in sometime since it tries to be funny but it really isn't. "OMG, they blew up a house and made fun of another tv ad!!"

I don't mind you liking it but to me personally it's just a bad ad. Hell, it never even shows the game or anything about it. Isn't the whole point of making a ad to advertise the product?

I'm not a fan of Metalica or the commercial. I'm more looking forward to [PROTOTYPE].

WHAT!!!! It's out?

I absolutely have to get it now lol

I envy you to the ends of the earth. My wii was stolen. >.>

Quote Originally Posted by Fire2box View Post
    I don't mind you liking it but to me personally it's just a bad ad. Hell, it never even shows the game or anything about it. Isn't the whole point of making a ad to advertise the product?
    It mostly is, but it's equally as much about just putting an idea or concept in the mind of a consumer. The idea being "hey, I want to be a cool rock star and blow up houses too". As the concept of Guitar Hero is very well known, there's not really much need to tell people what the game is about.