Status
Not open for further replies.

kerry

ADISC Moderator
Staff
Role
  1. Little
  2. Incontinent
You've probably noticed that this forum is not hidden beneath "Diaper Talk" any more. Moo made that decision this morning, the result of a long discussion in the admin forums (begun, actually, by mikejames and supported by me and many others) about the rationale for its being a sub-forum in the first place.

Good arguments were made in both directions. (The thread is available if you wish to view it; let's not rehash it here.) Ultimately, Moo appears to have determined that the pro arguments outweighed the cons, but has stated that he'd revisit the whole thing later on if circumstances demanded it, which is clearly fair.

Meanwhile, IC, which is one third of the named banner support communities of ADISC and part of the name of the site itself, today finds itself in a more logical position on the site.

Thanks, Moo. :)

While I have my concerns, I think Moo addressed them in his post. I agree this makes more sense in presentation. I hope it works out well for everyone.

I commend the decision, but would also like to ask any new posts or replies be made with actual incontinence needs in mind (and not just ABDL).

I'm sure there are plenty of IC only people out there who want little or nothing to do with ABDL matters even if we might be a little overqualified on some aspects. Lets try and make adisc a little more open and inviting for them too!!!

A step in the right direction, as Slomo mentioned maybe it will attract more genuine IC people. For mymown concern I have no issues being on a forum which caters for both IC and ABDL people. I myself have learned some from reading other peoples experience with different diaper brands.

Sendt fra min HUAWEI M2-801W med Tapatalk

I think it was a great move too.:thumbsup:

I did wonder why this was buried in the forum structure where it was; seems like a topic sufficiently serious to stand on its own two feet as a section. Good move.

In the long scheme things Diapers will probably end up being used for everything anyway no matter where this is located, but overall this makes the most sense.

rennecfox said:
In the long scheme things Diapers will probably end up being used for everything anyway no matter where this is located, but overall this makes the most sense.

I fully agree. In dealing with my Incontinence I tried everything that wasn't a diaper. And this was in spite of still being a diaper lover.

I've dealt with everything from denial, to meds, to exercises, to catheters, to timed wetting, to diet changes and water restriction, to botox, to even interstim. And while this shows there is SO much more to IC than diapers, my own experience eventually forced me back to them as well. The truth is they just work the best with the least side effects, and least overall cost (physically and monetarily).

Hopefully this top thread will draw in others enough so we can help guide them through it and towards the diapers they need.

I am glad that this has been resolved, I saw the threads and discussions and many felt strongly on the matter. Hopefully it will lead to some degree of seperation although I would like to think that anyone that does blur the lines between diapers and IC does not get chastised for doing so. I hope this leads to more support and debate for those who need it and less discussions on where threads should be placed.

I think this makes total sense. I like the idea that incontinent people who aren't into ABDL stuff might be made to feel more welcome and catered-for.

I am fairly new to ADISC, so I didn't get involved in the debate, but I think the seperation was a good idea. As someone who is IC, I think this will help bring more discussion to the topic. I've already received much support and encouragement from ADISC in facing this problem, but I still see this as an improvement.

As someone who kind of has been on both sides of this... DL and sometimes IC... I'm glad to see it was moved as well. ^_^ Thank you, Moo!

Regardless of where the incontinence topic is, I for one am glad it is a valid topic to be included somewhere. Thanks, Moo😊! I may or may not be incontinent (See my post 'Am I really inconinent?'), but because of that I do follow both the 'Diapers' and 'Incontinence ' topics as I often find information in one place or the other and sometimes in both that I feel are pertinent to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back