I may be slightly incontinent?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sophiaa

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Hi everyone, I think I'm slowly becoming incontinent, which.. I like the idea of having to wear pull-ups/diapers, although having to wear them every day, and rely on them isn't that enticing for me.

I've been having to go to the toilet to pee a lot more often, even after 30-45 minutes of drinking a glass of soda I feel like I need the toilet. This isn't how I used to be, I could drink quite a lot and not worry about having to go to the toilet.

As well as this, I can't 'hold' my bladder as long and I do something pee a little before I do actually go, it's confusing.

Does anyone have any experience with this? Do you think I am starting to be incontinent? Any other feelings or opinions regarding this matter would be appreciated. Thank you!

I doubt it. I have had many a time where after drinking water I have needed to go 15 min later and other times I won't feel the need to go for hours after drinking lots of water. It just depends how hydrated your body is I guess. Of course I could be wrong but that's just my take on it. I am not a professional so if you're worried maybe see someone about it.

I agree with SweetPrincess. As long as you still have the ability to "hold it" I wouldn't be too worried.
There's exercises that might be able to help with that actually which involves you flexing and holding the pelvic muscles used to control urine flow for a few seconds at a time.

I'm mildly stress IC (but not enough to actually classify myself as IC) and these exercises have helped a fair bit in the long term. Maybe they'll help you out too :)

Best wishes!

I agree with what has been said here thus far but I would like to add that if you do feel you are going to often, you should probably at least bring it up to your doctor. Can't hurt to be safe.

Sophiaa I would talk to your doctor and make an appointment with an urologist to make sure all is ok if your doctor feels theres an need.

Keep a log for a few days of what you are eating and drinking and how many times you go to the washroom and if your underware is ever wet or damp. the more info you have for your doctor the better.

Please elaborate when you say you can't hold it.

Are you talking about getting an urge to go again? Or is it maybe just a lack of sensation and near automatic leaking? And does this occur every 30-45 minutes, or just 30-45 after drinking a lot? About how many times each day does this occur too? Do you ever get the sensation of not emptying your bladder too? Or any other symptoms you are experiencing?

There is a LOT you left out, so it's really difficult to guess what might be going on with you. It's possible you might have an early onset urge incontinence. Or possibly you could be developing retention and overflow incontinence.

However, there really is no diagnosis we can give you that would be better made than by seeing a urologist. If you do have any problems and they are caught early there is a good chance of correcting them. Wait too long and your mild problems will likely get much worse.

Go see a urologist as soon as you can.

ps. And yes, as a dl that became incontinent I full understand it is extremely different going from wearing at times for pleasure, to being forced into them all the time. It is NOT the holy grail many here think it would be.

Question #1: Soda often contains caffeine which is a diuretic. Does the same happen to you when you have juice or water?

Question #2: As others have asked, what precisely do you mean by being unable to hold it? When I'm having a "bad OAB day" it is like a non-stop urge to go. Though sometimes it can be triggered by long car trips (I only feel it when I stand up and get out of the car... then I have to run to the bathroom), or (as mentioned elsewhere) by the sound of running water. Is it anything like that for you?

Talking about this with your doctor can be quite intimidating, but if it's something new, you likely should. I'll be honest -- I haven't. My own issues have been precisely the same, not worsening, for decades now. I don't think a doctor is going to tell me anything that I don't already know. And they're mild enough that most of the time I don't need pads or diapers. So, I see no good reason to deal with the embarrassment. But if it began suddenly... or got worse... I'd be concerned. Then it's time to suck it up and just be frank with your doctor in case there's something medical going on.

Let us know how it turns out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back