Goodnites dual leak guards

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope this is an actual improvement and not just a marketing thing. Goodnites are the best thing for me during the day when i can get back and forth to the bathroom a lot and don't want a tape on but I have had a few issues with sitting leaks lately, if only the underjams would hold up better or have a larger size.

I have used goodnites with I believe only single leak guards and have had no issues with leaking. They actually hold quite a lot, but you have to move around to get the urine to soak in everywhere.

I just bought a pack of the boys L/XL tonight at my Wal-Mart and they have the double leg barriers! No indication on the packaging like the S/M size. But chances are if your store has the S/M with the new packaging the L/XL are also new.

11Garrett said:
I just bought a pack of the boys L/XL tonight at my Wal-Mart and they have the double leg barriers! No indication on the packaging like the S/M size. But chances are if your store has the S/M with the new packaging the L/XL are also new.

I wonder if Amazon has them yet in the L/XL? Are their any indicators, showing the newest version?

I wear GoodNites and I'm around 40" around waist size and they never ever ripped on me, I have pack from 2 weeks ago and they don't have the dual leak guards but have the 5 layers protection, and it works really well, can't wait to get my hands on the dual leak guards version.

To everyone complaining about the sides ripping out, have you tried "relaxing" the side panels with a blow dryer before putting them on? I used to use the originals, back in the 90's, and that's what worked for me, with regular bikini underwear over them, for support, and usually plastic pants, for "just in case". I wore that combo until they made the pant shorter, and finally stepped into adult pullups, which, for all intents and purposes, are better fitting & more absorbent than my Goodnites were. I now use either Depends RealFits, or Reassure Overnights (HDIS), with a fair amount of success.

How come the new Goodnites designs and sizes are not on sale at Walmart's and Amazon's website?

Both websites appear to be still selling the older designs and sizes (Amazon shows some pictures of the new Goodnites designs, but mentions only the old two sizes).

So, I just picked up a pack of the XL size this weekend. A few things to note compared to the previous "models." The new goodnites were surprisingly improved. It actually surprised me KC listed such minimal information on their site about the changes. These are some changes I've noted:
-About 1" taller compared to previous goodnites (direct comparison)
-Obsorbancy greatly improved, way softer inside.
-Double barrier actually adds more "room" between legs, allowing for more room for males (like myself).
-Significant difference noticed in durability. The overall design has been tweaked quite a bit to allow for the changes.

I've found this to be a step up, if anything. While I've found most goodnites "upgrades" to generally suck, this is the first one I can say as a ADBL to be thrilled about. It's improved so many things I've wanted for so long.

livelysun said:
So, I just picked up a pack of the XL size this weekend. A few things to note compared to the previous "models." The new goodnites were surprisingly improved. It actually surprised me KC listed such minimal information on their site about the changes. These are some changes I've noted:
-Double barrier actually adds more "room" between legs, allowing for more room for males (like myself).
-Significant difference noticed in durability. The overall design has been tweaked quite a bit to allow for the changes.

I've found this to be a step up, if anything. While I've found most goodnites "upgrades" to generally suck, this is the first one I can say as a ADBL to be thrilled about. It's improved so many things I've wanted for so long.

I'm on the lookout for a pack or box of theses new ones, (I prefer box when I can, you get much more for the price) but so far didn't have any luck yet, but I'll go to Walmart on Thursday and I'm quite sure I'll find them there, its usually a place where they are sold very quickly in my city so chances are good to get the new version vs an older version (the current prints with the replaced skateboard for the stripes so not so old) that I've found in 3 supermarket and 1 drugstore today.

livelysun said:

That's great news!
Would you have pictures comparing the previous ones with the new ones?

Jamieboy said:
To everyone complaining about the sides ripping out, have you tried "relaxing" the side panels with a blow dryer before putting them on? I used to use the originals, back in the 90's, and that's what worked for me, with regular bikini underwear over them, for support, and usually plastic pants, for "just in case". I wore that combo until they made the pant shorter, and finally stepped into adult pullups, which, for all intents and purposes, are better fitting & more absorbent than my Goodnites were. I now use either Depends RealFits, or Reassure Overnights (HDIS), with a fair amount of success.

Relaxing the side panels with a blow dryer, I think that's the first I've heard about doing that. How exactly does that work, and how do you do it? I might just try it to try it

I normally use goodnites during the day when I have easy access to the bathroom, to protect from sudden spurts and occasionally larger losses of control. I had bought a bulk pack a few weeks back that didn't have dual leakguards but decided to stop by walmart on my way home from work this morning to grab a pack or two to see if they had the dual guards, they do! and wow this is a huge improvement!

they are noticeably larger right off the bat
they seem wider in the seat,
the dual leakguards give a tighter fit than the old models.
they are noticeably more absorbent.

I'll need to wear them more over the weekend to see if the problem I had with sitting leaks is still there but my initial findings tell me you can trust these much more than previously. There enough better here that I am surprised there no real mention of any changes on the packaging.

I haven't noticed this until today, but one of the packages of Goodnites I have, have the dual leak guards. It was not advertised as so, it was a pleasant surprise.

Looks like Huggies are finally getting their shit together

I just flooded my Goodnite and loaded it and there is no leaks. They use to always leak when I did this before.

Give it time. The 20% Stretchier were amazing when they first came out and of amazing quality. But over a short period of time I noticed that quality control declined. Give it time before passing judgement on these "Upgrades." I sense a quality control issue coming.

AddyShadows said:
Give it time. The 20% Stretchier were amazing when they first came out and of amazing quality. But over a short period of time I noticed that quality control declined. Give it time before passing judgement on these "Upgrades." I sense a quality control issue coming.

Don't judge a book by it's cover meaning don't judge it till you try it.

AnimeDude892 said:
Don't judge a book by it's cover meaning don't judge it till you try it.

I'm not saying they suck yet lol. I'm just saying the past four or five "Upgrades" started out great then the quality control gradually grew crappier over time. If they can keep quality up then great, but I doubt they will.

Honestly, I've tried the L/XL with the dual leak guards, and I just wet right through them. I recommend if you want to get some padding, try to find cheap Adult stuff. But, goodnites aren't bad to get you started into the ABDL scene.

LennyFace said:
Looks like Huggies are finally getting their shit together

so they can help you keep your shit together ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back