Incontinence & faucet/water sounds

Status
Not open for further replies.
Standing next to my car pumping gas does it to me frequently.

I've got this problem

Everybody has this problem. True to varying degrees though, but it is common human nature.

I think it has something to do with washing your hands after each time you use the restroom? I have no idea, just that it isn't uncommon. Maybe it triggers the brain into thinking about urinating? I think it's similar to how I often wet when I open the door to my apartment. That particular reaction to opening doors started when I was in High School. I would be getting my keys to unlock the building door and fighting to make it up the stairs, even though I had no prior indication that I needed to use the restroom. I guess my brain thought home=bathroom? Again, I really do not know.

I just don't get that particular function at all, so when my wife got a continuous fountain for our cat to drink from, I was the only one who didn't complain of that. Made me chuckle, lol

Growing up I would always brush my teeth, pee in the toilet and go to bed. Now whenever I brush my teeth I have to pee. It doesn't matter if I peed right before brushing them. I will still have to go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yup, I got this to, I always wet my diaper when I do my dishes. Or pee in shower or tub.

Sometimes happens to me, sometimes doesn't. The infrequency doesn't surprise me because my incontinence is caused by a huge variety of things including, (but not limited to) a combination of medication side effects, small bladder, overflow incontinence (what it's officially listed as), MPD, and generally years of repeated trauma (C-PTSD) wrecking havoc on my body. But since it can and has caused accidents, I pay attention when a roommate starts the faucet so I'm not taken by surprise.

I mentioned this in a similar thread, and it's actually quite common. It's called synesthesia, and affects most everyone- though at varying degrees.

Brushing my teeth, reading my phone, water sounds, stress, having to hurry up on things, things like that and my bladders spasms and let lose.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep, I know this feeling.

Rushing home we got caught in a rain storm that lasted about 20 minutes. By the time we reached the house we were soaked. Jane looked at me as we went upstairs to change and said "did you pee yourself out there?" I said I had because I wasn't able to stop and anyway we were so wet no one could know. She replied "So did I" and giggled.

I have nerve damage to the nerves to bladder. My bladder has a mind of it's own. So when my mind hears running water, many times I will wet. Almost every time I wash my hands, I wet, when I hear my wife pee many times, I start wetting. I don't feel the urge, I just start going. Sometimes it's a little and sometimes it's a lot. This issue is actually more common even with those that are not incontinent. When the bladder is full, and the brain hears the running water, it triggers something causing all of us pee issues.

checkingoutall said:
I have nerve damage to the nerves to bladder. My bladder has a mind of it's own. So when my mind hears running water, many times I will wet. Almost every time I wash my hands, I wet, when I hear my wife pee many times, I start wetting. I don't feel the urge, I just start going. Sometimes it's a little and sometimes it's a lot. This issue is actually more common even with those that are not incontinent. When the bladder is full, and the brain hears the running water, it triggers something causing all of us pee issues.

Yup, that something is well studied. It's called synaesthesia.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back