Not open for further replies.

kdlstarry9

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Little
  3. Incontinent
  4. Other
So I am not sure how common this is among us IC but when i hear water running, I sometimes get the urge to pee and end up wetting my pants/diaper a bit. This is even shortly after just using the toilet/urinating
Like in the morning, after i use the toilet, i have urge to urinate again when i turn on the shower or sink faucet- and its led to a number of wet pants
Does anyone else get similar urges or issues?

Yeah its common I can hear my Aide doing dishes and pee, another trigger is going out in the cold from a warm building causes me to void.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

I guess it depends on why exactly your incontinent, sometimes people with physical problems wouldn't have that sort of urge.

miapeters said:
I guess it depends on why exactly your incontinent, sometimes people with physical problems wouldn't have that sort of urge.
I am one giant physical problem , if it's not wrong with me it's probably not right either, LOL

Tetra said:
I am one giant physical problem , if it's not wrong with me it's probably not right either, LOL

That's actually very interesting, what about people with nerve damage?

I have the same experience. The sound of running water is a very common trigger for urge incontinence.

miapeters said:
That's actually very interesting, what about people with nerve damage?
I have major ongoing nerve damage ,CIDP Chronic Inflammatory Demylinateing polradiculopathy , the myelin sheaths are dieing off , therfore all the nerve roots on the right side of my spine are dyeing, easiest way to say it to most people is its like multiple sclerosis that is only attacking the right side.Add to that DDD, DJD,MMD,HNA, HBP, Cardomyopathy , heart failure, C5-6 bulging on my central cord ,stenosis , and a whole host of lesser things.

Tetra said:
I have major ongoing nerve damage ,CIDP Chronic Inflammatory Demylinateing polradiculopathy , the myelin sheaths are dieing off , therfore all the nerve roots on the right side of my spine are dyeing, easiest way to say it to most people is its like multiple sclerosis that is only attacking the right side.Add to that DDD, DJD,MMD,HNA, HBP, Cardomyopathy , heart failure, C5-6 bulging on my central cord ,stenosis , and a whole host of lesser things.

This is very interesting; it's the first I've heard about CIDP. It sounds like an immune reaction, but it's hemispheric? Very curious. o_O I have a rather over-active immune system myself (I often describe it as like having a pet tiger), but fortunately nothing like MS or CIDP. The hemispheric nature is very strange to me... are you possibly a genetic chimera? I can't quite fathom why it would affect only the right half of the body...

Also, I'm unfamiliar with the other acronyms... DDD, DJD, MMD, HNA, HBP. o.o;

Happens to me everyday once or twice, especially when doing dishes.

Running water and cold weather can set me off. If it doesn't cause me to void, I can definitely feel a tingle and a bit of a need to go.

Sapphyre said:
This is very interesting; it's the first I've heard about CIDP. It sounds like an immune reaction, but it's hemispheric? Very curious. o_O I have a rather over-active immune system myself (I often describe it as like having a pet tiger), but fortunately nothing like MS or CIDP. The hemispheric nature is very strange to me... are you possibly a genetic chimera? I can't quite fathom why it would affect only the right half of the body...

Also, I'm unfamiliar with the other acronyms... DDD, DJD, MMD, HNA, HBP. o.o;
Degenerative Disc Disease, Degenerative Joint Disease,High Blood Pressure Myotonic Muscular Dystrophy, Hereditary Neuralgic Amyotrophy.

The MMD kills my muscles when I am not using them , the HNA kills my muscles for using them , it's the perfect ultimate medical catch 22, I am the first person in the world to have both disease , and the first American to have HNA ( All 202 cases before me occurred within 33 Dutch families, I am not even remotely Dutch).

Yes it is an immune reaction and not all people have it the same way , with me being hemispheric is just me , others can have it in there entire body or be left sided it's just depends , it also does not cause the brain and spine spots like MS , all together it's exceptionally exquisitely painfull,many people with HNA can be disabled by the pain alone, HNA & MMD combined make me look like I have ALS ( Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis, Lou Gehrig's Disease) with the random phantom paralysis and loss of function without actually having ALS , I have been in pain management for years with opiates the only thing that even remotely eases the pain , 100 Micrograms of Fentanyl per hour and 10 milligrams of Oxcodone for break thru pain every four hours as needed.

They call me genetically a sporadic skip, I think more along the lines of "I am a mutant".

I have to believe that this is a pretty common thing. For one thing, it was a frequent occurrence in my life before I became incontinent! Afterwards, well, fuhgedaboudit! Basically, running water has always been a catalyst. Putting my hand into running water is a disaster waiting to happen. Venturing out into the rain (without an umbrella) makes it a good thing I'm diapered. I don't know why these things are true; they just are.

This is a very common thing and is referred to as an OAB "trigger." Many with overactive bladder find that certain sights, sounds, or situations, i.e. “triggers,” stimulate voiding.

For OAB, these visual, auditory, or situational "triggers” usually include running water, rising from a sitting position, entering the bathroom, drinking a liquid, washing hands, entering the shower, placing a key in the door, and others. Specific stress situations also can be “triggers.”

Each person may respond to one or more different triggers. It took me a while to see the pattern that I frequently was voiding in my diaper whenever I helped my wife with washing the dishes (and no, I did not get out of washing the dishes:sad:). It is important to know what your “triggers” are in order to prepare for them or to avoid some situations.

--John

Oh yeah happens to me often. Different things will trig me to wet and sometimes is randomly. But yeah, running water, getting in a swimming pool/sea/bath also cold weather and I'm pretty sure that when the pressure changes.

Thanks guys.

jdinvirginia said:
This is a very common thing and is referred to as an OAB "trigger." Many with overactive bladder find that certain sights, sounds, or situations, i.e. “triggers,” stimulate voiding.

For OAB, these visual, auditory, or situational "triggers” usually include running water, rising from a sitting position, entering the bathroom, drinking a liquid, washing hands, entering the shower, placing a key in the door, and others. Specific stress situations also can be “triggers.”

Each person may respond to one or more different triggers. It took me a while to see the pattern that I frequently was voiding in my diaper whenever I helped my wife with washing the dishes (and no, I did not get out of washing the dishes:sad:). It is important to know what your “triggers” are in order to prepare for them or to avoid some situations.

--John

John that is very informative explanation.

Yeah dishes get me too.

Yep running water gets me some times, happens a lot when I am in the shower or brushing my teeth. I stand on a towel when in the bathroom when at the sink if I am not diapered.

I probably need to start using a towel also in the bathroom sink - good idea. But most of the time i am diapered and fine- i just let go and don't have to worry
But it is still kinda annoying like I just peed and then have to pee again cause the water is running.

Yes, And most normal people succumb to this as well. It is well documented and called synesthesia.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back