Why Your Avatar (DL or ABDL related?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been a Brony for a few years now. The figure you see in my avatar is my pony OC/persona, Overdrive, diapered. It highlights both my Brony side and my ABDL side.

Mine is an album cover from the Descendants. It's a great punk album and fitting for me.

Thanks for the responses!! I really like the detailed explanations, yet the general notations are just as good also because they are simple! Avatars for ADISC are fascinating to me because even though a "picture tells a thousand words", these types of pictures can be both obvious in one regard (i.e. furry) yet hide many subtle areas (i.e. Japanese animae character). Thanks for sharing; I will have to re-read this post several more times and study the responses with the picture. It is nice to understand more about our group than just ABDL (at least for me).

I am hoping many others respond to this (i.e. Trevor / Cary Grant on the phone???...some of your Avatars make me wonder (thanks for explaining yours Dogboy, I was assuming too deep about some fantasy character that I knew nothing about. Basically I like animals also!).

I feel like stewie, sort of a mad scientist and slightly evil at times. I need a Maggie to melt my heart and not take any of my bullshit.

JOCKMAN said:
Thanks for the responses!! I really like the detailed explanations, yet the general notations are just as good also because they are simple! Avatars for ADISC are fascinating to me because even though a "picture tells a thousand words", these types of pictures can be both obvious in one regard (i.e. furry) yet hide many subtle areas (i.e. Japanese animae character). Thanks for sharing; I will have to re-read this post several more times and study the responses with the picture. It is nice to understand more about our group than just ABDL (at least for me).

I am hoping many others respond to this (i.e. Trevor / Cary Grant on the phone???...some of your Avatars make me wonder (thanks for explaining yours Dogboy, I was assuming too deep about some fantasy character that I knew nothing about. Basically I like animals also!).

Just because you asked so nicely. I've commented on similar threads before and maybe I'm due again. I'll try to put a slightly different spin for anyone who remembers.

I went a good while without an avatar. This was partly because I didn't think it was that important and also because it wasn't easy to find an image that represented me in some broad way that I liked. It was also important to me at the time that while it should be be relevant to me, it shouldn't be so specific as to identify me if someone who knew me in the real world happened to see it.

As I got more involved with the community, it became apparent to me that avatars matter to many people and I was making it harder for some to remember and place me without having some enduring image. I have long been a big fan of Cary Grant. When I decided that would work, I looked online for an image. None struck me quite right.

In the end, I watched one of my favorite Grant movies (one of my all-time favorites, really), with an eye towards an avatar. His Girl Friday delivered and I took a cropped screenshot. Although I wasn't thinking about the phone, several savvier members have observed that it's like I'm speaking to the reader and that's pretty neat.

I've had feedback from some who weren't aware of Cary Grant (mind boggling to me) and thought it was a staged photo of me. I should be so lucky/handsome. It has no ABDL significance at all because what drew me here in the first place was the high ratio of people who didn't appear to be obsessed by diapers even as they enjoyed them. I think I'm a little better experienced now to know that it's more the content of one's posts than the member name or avatar that defines a person.

Everyone wants to be Cary Grant, Trevor!

My avatar is simply me. I have spent a lifetime trying to find myself and now I have done so I want to share myself with the world! Boring as it may be I am proud of overcoming many obstacles and now being completely happy and content. I have reconciled my want to be in this community and have got over my own stigma. My circle of friends are mostly from the BDSM community and most know I play mother to littles and sissies.

As for my signature there is more of a story. The picture is the main logo from my favourite computer game Sonic & Knuckles. It got me through a terrible childhood and I owe some of my sanity to being able to escape to that colourful world. I still play it today. The quote is from a song I love by Guided By Voice called Dragons Awake. I lived a lie for many years but finding my own brand of spirituality saved me from doing something terrible.

My favorite character from my favorite animated movie.

Hot Rod from The Transformers: The Movie

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like cats. This picture made me laugh. He has a little mustache! That's about it.

Mine was created by and added too by the talented Ozbub on request to be very self absorbed.

Not always but sometimes this is my idealised look with my favourite things, pink plastic backed thick disposable, silver dragon teddy and lightsaber.

Mine is a picture of an actual Vermont Teddy Bear bear that I have. He can remove his exterior coat of fur exposing the pink fuzzy stuff inside. I always thought it had some psychologic meaning.

My newest avatar is Yoru from the anime Shugo Chara! Not much to explain, he's just a kawaii neko-type character.

Asriel is... kind of hard to explain.

He became the "evil final boss" figure in a hit Steam game called Undertale, and after his death, he embodied a "flower". He felt that he didn't have a soul as a flower and could not feel his full range of emotions such as love and empathy, and this made him angry, sick and evil. There's a lot of transgender comparisons there, and how I felt in the body of a woman. There's also some darker undertones of suicide there, which is something I've had a battle with all of my life.

Asriel, in his "flower form", is able to delete your save and your presence from the game and the creator of the game wanted to emulate a feeling of "hyper death", not just restarting and trying again, but actually losing yourself from the game, the characters forgetting you, and to force you to feel the tediousness of trying life again and again. This coined him the title as "the god of hyper death". This is interesting and all, but I can't really connect the dots to what life lesson the creator was trying to demonstrate here, let alone relate it to myself. This isn't real important.

What is important is that despite him being an almighty final boss figure, he lives as a little boy in most timelines he inhabits. It's what's most comfortable and natural to him.

It's rare to come across a character that shares overtones of both ageplay and gender dysphoria.

I found mine on Yahoo Images and its really just a placeholder until I get around to having a commission done, probably by Marci.

Mine is a hand-drawn version of my fursona I colorized.

It's something I commissioned. I usually put art I've commissioned as my avatar. I don't really have any other deep reasoning.

my avatar is my favourite character dave strider, but as a kid playing with a bug. the best part is my name is dave and a nickname i have is bug

its also just a picture of Me for complicated reasons

Last edited:
My avatar is not only perfect for my username, but it's also due to my absolute love for chameleons. They're literally my favorite animal of all time! How they look, the things they can do with their bodies...it's absolutely fascinating to me and I love everything about it. It's as simple as that! :eek:

My avatar represents my concept about smoking and using paci. I see something very closed between these different (?) "things." What I really don't know, so if I'm more into pacis (and obviously diapers,) or if stronger is my smoking habit.

Obviously, foto is cut of my selfie, with (I thing) my most favourite paci. I've big mountain of pacis...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back