Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: Windows 10 is a joke.

Quote Originally Posted by Sapphyre View Post
    If it affects the whole system, then yes, that is a fault of Linux you are exploiting. Good luck doing that on OpenBSD. ^^;
    In a perfect world, I suppose that would be true, but we don't live in a perfect world and it is quite literally impossible for an OS to be perfect. There will always exist ways that a shotty program can cause issues. The only way around that is to severely limit what someone can program, which I doubt many people want.

Edit:
    Basically, while yes it is pretty much the OS's fault, it's a symptom of something good and not bad. You could if you want to limit an OS so much and only allow specific developers with a unique programming language to make programs for it and have nothing else run on it and make it almost entirely impossible to create malicious programs. Wouldn't be a very open platform.

I wish they would..jk..it would make things a lot easier...lol

Sent from my HTC One A9 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by MarchinBunny View Post
    In a perfect world, I suppose that would be true, but we don't live in a perfect world and it is quite literally impossible for an OS to be perfect. There will always exist ways that a shotty program can cause issues. The only way around that is to severely limit what someone can program, which I doubt many people want.

Edit:
    Basically, while yes it is pretty much the OS's fault, it's a symptom of something good and not bad. You could if you want to limit an OS so much and only allow specific developers with a unique programming language to make programs for it and have nothing else run on it and make it almost entirely impossible to create malicious programs. Wouldn't be a very open platform.
    I don't think it's so much an issue of programming language as it is with program privileges. OpenBSD HAS made it almost impossible for malicious programs to get very far, yet they primarily use C as a programming language. And like the name says, they're quite open. The OS comes with FULL source code. And patches are made by editing said source code. They simply strive for "correctness" and security in how the OS is programmed. It's still rather open... just "secure by default."

The update is insane. It comes up from day to day and can't turn it off.