How did you get started with ABDL?

Status
Not open for further replies.

George7789

Banned
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Hello everyone! I was just curious on how other people became DL or AB.

How about you start with your story? it's only fair the topic starter go first, no? ;)

Like gigglebutt (love the name) I've always had an interest in diapers, and have accepted that side of me for the last 20 years or so.

I've had these interests my entire life but never had a name for them. For the most part they were extremely secret little quirks that I was too embarrassed to look into.

I've always been jealous of young children and babies and was always interested in using things related to that stage of life and feeling the innocent joy they feel. I had a pretty standard childhood I suppose. I was a lonely kid, but no abuse or any of that. I remember being a kid and really wanting to try my younger relatives' pacis, bottles, and diapers but never tried because I'm a bit of a germophobe plus was too afraid of being caught. The first time I used diapers without needing them was age 11 when I took one of my grandma's adult diapers and tied them around my waist. My grandma would get them for free and didn't need them so she'd give them out to others. That's still not an excuse for my behavior I know, and I regret it, but what's done is done. Anywho~ for many years between ages 13 to about 20 I didn't have too much urge to wear but I still loved playing with toys and such and still occasionally wanted to experiment with other baby things but again they were never more than passing thoughts. The urges didn't ramp up until I had an accident leaving me 5 months bedridden at age 19. I still feel the effects of that and have trouble walking very often. Lost my job, still unemployed, had to abandon my plans of moving at the time, no insurance so piles of medical debt, couldn't afford physical therapy, and had to slow down on my education. A year later, I fell into a severe depression over the loss of independence and normal function of one of my legs. I was desperate for something, anything to take the pain away and longed for the days when I was young without a care in the world. Summer 2016 is when I learned about the ABDL scene and I've been hooked since. There's just something about the mindset that makes the world seem less dreary you know?
I told my now ex boyfriend of 7 years about the lifestyle and he was repulsed by both it and me. Over the coming months we drifted apart and he started cheating and broke up with me to be with this other girl. It hurt, and my self esteem took a beating, but I knew it was for the best that we went our separate ways.
Fast forward a bit, and I was talking to an old online friend I was very fond of; venting really. Long story short: I told him I was an ABDL. And to my surprise, he was always secretly a daddy! What are the odds? What started as platonic daddy/little back and forth eventually blossomed into a relationship. We have met in person twice now and I have plans to go see him next week as well. As time passed, he has really helped me come to terms with who I am and I'm very much an AB / DL / Little and proud to be so. I love the lifestyle and wish less people saw it as a taboo but I doubt that'll change any time soon.

I cut out a lot of details for the sake of keeping this brisk. But the shortest way I can summarize:
I've always been into this secretly and an accident 2 and a half years ago kick started my current involvement in the lifestyle.

That is a long story.

So to keep it simple. I was put back into diapers by a babysitter for whatever reason. After that I always had a fascination with them. By the end of my first year of high school I was wearing every chance I could which got me into a lot of trouble with my Dad. I ended up moving out of his house and in with my Mom who gave me much more freedom and she actually supported my wearing diapers. She thought it was Paraphilic Infantilism, thus a fetish, which should be embraced not shunned. My diaper wearing wasn't sexual.

Joined the military and always kept a couple in my pack for "combat life saver" purposes. Back when they were still plastic backed they where great as a quick go to for dressings. Of course, they didn't need to know I also wore them.

Recently I spent a couple of years doing psychological recovery work to move past my PTSD where I discussed both my gender dysphoria and AB lifestyle. I can easily point to a few defining events that got me started down the AB road. I could do the same with my gender dysphoria. Point is I graduated that program, and my PTSD is a lot better. I still think I was born the wrong sex and still love my diapers.

Last edited:
I'm the youngest child in my family (don't know if that actually means anything, but whatever). For whatever reason, we had a diaper left over from my toddlerhood when I was maybe 5 or 6 or so. I asked my mom if I could put it on and she laughed. She let me. After that, I had this lowkey obsession with diapers, always wanting to wear one again. It never really went away. When I was in seventh grade, I realized there were people like me. I bought a pack of GoodNites from the nearby grocery store, put one on, but then I just couldn't bring myself to actually wetting them.

I let it hang dormant until my freshman year of college when I was feeling down, so I ordered a pack of GoodNites again. I wore them practically 24/7 for a week and loved them. I learned how to wet myself and discovered I hate pooping myself (though every so often I try again, thinking *this* time I'll like it). Since then (now in my senior year), I go in and out of having diapers on hand, but when I have them, I wear them at night for an hour or so before bed and then fall asleep, wetting myself on purpose at some point in the night. It's a great life.

Was weaned off paci's forcibly (my folks tell the story of how my grandma bribed me with a toy because I wouldn't give it up, then I had a breakdown when I realized she got rid of all the paci's). but never thought about baby stuff it 'till my tag along brother came along. I'd wanted a sister because I wanted to play with Strawberry Shortcake and Little Ponies...

He certainly got lots of attention as a baby, but it was a CareBears TV special with baby bears that made me feel 'funny' about diapers. I tried to stuff my underpants with toilet paper...

In highschool I discovered I was sexually attracted to the cuteness of anime and was very confused and conflicted about my attraction to it. In college on usenet I discovered grown women dressed as babies and was aroused and fascinated. I bought adult diapers and shaved myself for the first time. I crossdressed a bit for the first time then too.

After graduating I discovered what the sissy fetish was, and for a while I fell hard into being obsessed with that. Diapers came back into the picture and I bought my first AB items.

Through it all I hated my weird impulses, and would regularly purge and feel absolutely disgusted with myself.

It was only after being married for a decade that I shared and started to accept this all, started to enjoy the regression in a non sexual way (also not instead of), and discovered the pure unadulterated joy of nommin' on a paci!!!!!

I was in preschool and I was leaving with my mum one day but as we were leaving she started talking to someone else. I started talking to another boy who was still inside the preschool but could see him through the mesh fence. He was telling me about how he still had to wear nappies to bed each night. I don't remember much else except for the fact that I was envious and curious, wishing that I still had to wear nappies to bed like him. That is my earliest memory of wanting to wear nappies. Since then I had an obsession, I would draw nappies dream about them and I would leave little notes or catalog cut-outs of nappies trying to tell my parents that I wanted to wear but either they weren't listening or thought it was a joke. I suspect the latter because one day (can't remember how old exactly but pretty young still) I was going to tell them the truth, my sisters had gone over to the neighbor's house and I had left a note about snugglers nappies and wanting to wear on the chair where my mum was sitting and found it. She asked me "is this a joke?" I was about to respond with "no" but at that exact point my sisters came back into the house (the neighbors weren't home) and I wasn't going to say this in front of them, so in a last minute decision I changed my answer to yes. Well let's just say they didn't take my notes seriously anymore and my mum would get angry if she kept seeing these "nappy jokes". Well the thoughts began to slowly subside for a while after that and it was quite a few years before the urge came back again not until my early teens. But anyway that's how I "got started", for me it was never something I chose it was always something that has been with me from my earliest memories. It is a part of me. My parents still don't have a clue.

Like the Lady Gaga song, "I Was Born This Way", that's almost true in my case. When I was four years old, I was running around the house one evening and saying "da da" over and over again. My mom repeatedly told me to cut it out and act like a big boy. I continued and she finally said that if I continued, she was going to put me back into diapers and if I thought she was kidding, she still had my diapers. That's all it took and I knew I wanted to be back in diapers. I stopped saying da da because my parents were having company over, but the thought about wearing diapers never left my mind.

Like other have said, I'd constantly dreamed about finding diapers and wearing them. If I went to the grocery store or a variety store that had diapers, I'd get excited about seeing the diapers. Back then there were cloth and plastic pants. Some of the plastic pants were blue, yellow and pink and some were for girls with ruffles. I loved all of them and wanted them.

When I was in junior high I had a psychotic break when my parents went bankrupt and had to move. It was that year I began to wet my underwear on purpose and it all began in earnest. Later I would buy diapers and I've never looked back.

I was a frequent bedwetter and wore nighttime diapers until I was 9 or 10. In those days, I liked the fact that wearing a diaper kept my bed dry; but I wasn't otherwise attached to them. When I was 14, I had abdominal surgery, bled excessively, and then got an infection that almost killed me. As a result, I ended up spending 3 months in hospital. I eventually recovered fully except for the fact that my bladder control was permanently compromised. When I had to start wearing diapers 24/7 as a young teenager, I quickly discovered the "sensual" properties of diapers and became emotionally attached to them as a sexual fetish. So my diaper-loving is the result of being forced to wear them to manage incontinence. I suspect that I would never have become a DL otherwise.

I'll preface this with I can't really find any specific link as to how I really got into it. I've never really been able to.

What I can tell you is first, I was potty trained late as a child, around the age of 4 1/2, partly because of my Aspberger's, and partly because I was a very stubborn child. I guess throughout my childhood, diapers somehow got repressed deep into my mind, and I always had a little curiosity about them. There were times I'd be at the store with my folks shopping, and I'd always just stare at the diaper aisle.

When I was in middle school, I started to get a little risky with it, when I decided to start acquiring diapers just to see what they would be like. I can remember a number of times I'd be at the store and rip open a pack and snag a few Pull Ups or Goodnites and stuff them into a pocket, or I'd be in the school nurse's office, and I'd sneak into the bathroom and grab a few stored in there. I'll even admit I "borrowed" my parent's credit card and ordered a bunch online without their permission. Yeah, I made plenty of mistakes along the way, none that I am proud of.

Diapers just always had a special allure to me, I honestly have no clue why. It does make it a lot easier to get them nowadays with having my own job, money and whatnot. I don't regret getting into ABDL, but I regret the choices I made along the way to satisfy my urges.

I became DL after becoming incontinent and dependant on nappies.

George7789 said:
Hello everyone! I was just curious on how other people became DL or AB.
It was always just a thought of trying diapers again ever since i was a kid.

Addy said:
That is a long story.

So to keep it simple. I was put back into diapers by a babysitter for whatever reason. After that I always had a fascination with them. By the end of my first year of high school I was wearing every chance I could which got me into a lot of trouble with my Dad. I ended up moving out of his house and in with my Mom who gave me much more freedom and she actually supported my wearing diapers. She thought it was Paraphilic Infantilism, thus a fetish, which should be embraced not shunned. My diaper wearing wasn't sexual.

Joined the military and always kept a couple in my pack for "combat life saver" purposes. Back when they were still plastic backed they where great as a quick go to for dressings. Of course, they didn't need to know I also wore them.

Recently I spent a couple of years doing psychological recovery work to move past my PTSD where I discussed both my gender dysphoria and AB lifestyle. I can easily point to a few defining events that got me started down the AB road. I could do the same with my gender dysphoria. Point is I graduated that program, and my PTSD is a lot better. I still think I was born the wrong sex and still love my diapers.

"I still think I was born the wrong sex" - That really moved me... :sad: There's just too much so fucked up in this society man. I feel for us all.

Aww, thank you. My councilor was a great guy. He said to me, more than few times, to "treat everyone as if they have a broken heart, because they probably do." That one line has been a tremendous guiding force. Expecially after the military when I had a really hard time relating to people emotionally. Thank you for taking the time.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

It was pretty interesting for me. This all first happened in the summer of 2010, and during that time, this wave of curiosity came over me as I wondered what it would be like to "have an accident." Particularly, what would it be like to poop my pants again.

One night, though, my temptations gave in and I really, really wanted to find out.

When everyone was asleep, I went into the bathroom, locked the door, took off my shirt, pants, and socks, and just kind of stood there in these green briefs I had. I remember facing the toilet, squatting down, and just letting loose. Surprisingly...it felt wonderful. It was such a rush! I felt so naughty and small all of a sudden, and just feeling it there was out of this world. It was a matter of experimenting, and damn - was I not disappointed.

I'd keep doing this for a good six years without anyone in my house knowing. I have had some dangerously close calls, yes, but it reached the point in 2016 where I decided that enough was enough - it was time for me to hunker down and actually go and get diapers so my poor briefs could be saved. I mean, I had a job and money to spend, so why not treat myself? I started with those Depend pull-ups and quickly transitioned into wearing actual diapers afterward.

Since then, I've been happily diapered and do so as much as I can. And that's pretty much how I got into this whole thing! Looking back on it, I still think it's just...weird...how it came about for me, but like I said - I couldn't be anymore happy that it did.

My beginnings are pretty much just like everyone else's. At a young age, I just found I had this fascination with diapers. I would always look out for them wherever they were. I always kept my interest to myself and I had no way to live out the fantasy. In my pre-teens and early teen years I would sometimes put on several pairs of plain white underwear and pretend it was a diaper.

After a while, though, I guess the whole thing kind of got to me. I started having anxiety over my fetish. I felt I needed to tell someone but I didn't know how. I told my Mother one night and I told I used to like diapers, but, I couldn't explain it and I didn't want to explain it. I don't even think she took much from it, I didn't really explain much. After that, I just left it behind. Years afterward, I would refer to it as a fetish I used to have, cos, eventually, I never had the urge to look back into it. Mostly because of the anxiety connection that had developed.

Fast-forward to 2014, I'm 21 and me and a close friend had a long discussion about our private interests and, eventually, fetishes. I "confessed" my fetishes and I felt free in a sense. I went online and slowly began indulging in this fetish I had for so long forgotten about. I eventually found this website and online stores selling adult diapers and I indulged. I'm almost 24 now and it's come a long way. Started out as diaper fascination, or just DL fascination. Now, I've come into an AB/DL. It's a part of me and a thing inside of me that, I guess, has always just been there. Who knows?

PokemonNirvana said:
My beginnings are pretty much just like everyone else's. At a young age, I just found I had this fascination with diapers. I would always look out for them wherever they were. I always kept my interest to myself and I had no way to live out the fantasy. In my pre-teens and early teen years I would sometimes put on several pairs of plain white underwear and pretend it was a diaper.

After a while, though, I guess the whole thing kind of got to me. I started having anxiety over my fetish. I felt I needed to tell someone but I didn't know how. I told my Mother one night and I told I used to like diapers, but, I couldn't explain it and I didn't want to explain it. I don't even think she took much from it, I didn't really explain much. After that, I just left it behind. Years afterward, I would refer to it as a fetish I used to have, cos, eventually, I never had the urge to look back into it. Mostly because of the anxiety connection that had developed.

Fast-forward to 2014, I'm 21 and me and a close friend had a long discussion about our private interests and, eventually, fetishes. I "confessed" my fetishes and I felt free in a sense. I went online and slowly began indulging in this fetish I had for so long forgotten about. I eventually found this website and online stores selling adult diapers and I indulged. I'm almost 24 now and it's come a long way. Started out as diaper fascination, or just DL fascination. Now, I've come into an AB/DL. It's a part of me and a thing inside of me that, I guess, has always just been there. Who knows?

This is confusing to understand. You say you started out facinated with diapers at a very young age, but then you say it was a fetish. Then again you say you were discussing fetishes and admited to having a dl fascination.

Obviously a diaper fetish cannot be a DL. So which one was it?

I always liked diapers and had a fascination with them. I was a bed wetter until I was 11 and I enjoyed the diapers I wore a night. I would often wish to be wearing diapers all the time. After I was taken out of diapers when my bed wetting stopped I would take some of my younger sisters diapers when she was still in them. It wasn't until college that I was able to get back into them.

Later on I became an AB because I got curious about a pacifier and then wanted plushies and it took off from there buying various supplies ant other stuff.

I never looked back and I am loving every minuet of it and I don't plan to look back it's so relaxing and releases a lot of stress.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back