Change of Career has Kick Started my DL...

Status
Not open for further replies.

MattDLJ

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
So in essence i purged for some what 7 years from age 18 to 25. I had no real thoughts of wanting to wear even though I knew i was interested from a very young age. When i was 17 i bought a pack of drynites and then that was it until recently.

I have taken a big change in my career which i think is causing this desire to return. I previously worked in retail management and the job was easy with no stresses. Im now working in the law enforcement side of life. It's a job i've always wanted to do however the urge to wear can become very strong after dealing with jobs that in honesty most people would never experience in their lifetime.

I would classify myself as a very low level DL as in i rarely think about it. I personally have no interest in the role-play or AB stuff etc. I think its just the relaxation part of wearing. I bought 1 pack of SDK's just before xmas and i've only just finished it which shows my desire to wear lol. Saying that though I do find that the urge is becoming more frequent with the level of things im seeing and being subjected to.

Has anyone else had situations such as this in terms of jobs/careers changing your desires at either ends of the spectrum?

I kind of overloaded on research & teaching commitments this semester, so I've been spending a lot more time in little space than I think would normally be the case, so I can see where you're coming from. That said, I'm not working in law enforcement and I don't want to make it seem like I am directly comparing the two.

I sometimes think that the desire to wear diapers is a kind-of coping-mechanism that helps some of us deal with stress/anxiety/whatever.

So, yeah -- I know what you mean. If I have to stay away from home and be social 24/7, or have some full-on commitment like a new job, I get more stressed and want to wear diapers more to unwind... :-/

I was a volunteer firefighter 👩*[emoji602] until I had a head on car wreck that ended my firefighting career. Also at the time I was in the active duty Army. At that time I was a DL since I was about 6 years only. I found out just like you that after especially the really bad calls I would desire to get padded in a diaper. It was like a hug [emoji847] of comfort for me. It wasn't until after my wreck that left me incontinent and having to use a wheelchair most of the time that I became an AB. My incontinence was getting me turned down on dates with people that I found the AB community. They were accepting of my IC and I fell in love with The babying. Now I have a Become accepting of my IC and the need of my diapers, but now I have found that when I get stressed [emoji30] out or my PTSD is flaring (two trips to Iraq [emoji1131] and craved the whole time while in combat) that I tend to get into my little space.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

I also wear for comfort and I'm sure one of the reasons is I don't feel able to cope with my job.

Probably cathartic is the wrong word to use - but I mean the release of emotional tension rather than purgative :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back