Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Have any of you tried the Abena Plus?

Default Have any of you tried the Abena Plus?

I've always been an avid fan of the lightweight diapers. I know a lot of you are all about your thickness, but I enjoy a lightweight thincut diaper that has a good fit. This is why the Abena Super is my favorite choice thus far. I love the feeling of a thin diaper when it is dry-- I'm sure there are many who agree with this too. I'm looking to wear once and a while in public, and didn't balls-up enough to do it with the supers. The goodnites are no problem in public, but it isn't the same feeling, and don't really have much protection before they leak on you. This semester is going to come to a close here for the summer in not that long of a time, which means I'll be back living with my parents. I want to cherish these last nights and days away from home with something thin, discreet, somewhat absorbant, and comfortable.

Have any of you tried the Abena Plus?

Are they always a different color? (I think it is light blue-- not sure)

Here's the pic from xp medical. (It may be old, but they still use it):

Tell me what you think of them, and if they would work for me. I'll be glad to hear any testimonials on them in this thread.

Those look pretty nice, maybe just a bit thicker than depends (which suit ME just fine). They're probably heaps cheaper than the x-plus too; give em a shot!

I think the Pluses have the same absorbancy as Assurance. Just go to Wal-Mart and pick up some Assurance Briefs. I think they'd work fine for you, unless you're looking for plastic backed diapers. If they leak too soon, buy the Depends Boost liners to get an extra 1/2 to full wet out of them

They are very discreet and I can't see anyone noticing you're wearing them unless you're wearing very tight pants.

I wear Abena X-Plus to work while wearing Dockers khakis, and no one's noticed yet.

Darkfinn

IMHO... go for the supers. They are just as thin as the plus and hold a suprising amount. They are my favorite daytime diaper so far.

If you notice that picture is quite skewed. The Super (in the middle) is of the X-Large size (note the red lettering) and the X-plus is of the Medium size (blue lettering). A diaper of a larger size is naturally going to have more padding and thus be thicker. If you stack up a medium Super beside a medium X-plus you will notice that there is a substancial difference in thickness... way more than that picture shows.

ani

Sorry. I only wear x-plus as I prefer thickness and am not particularly concerned with people noticing that I'm wearing a diaper under my yoga pants.

Darkfinn

Quote Originally Posted by PulcherAnimus View Post
    Sorry. I only wear x-plus as I prefer thickness and am not particularly concerned with people noticing that I'm wearing a diaper under my yoga pants.
    I did detect a bit of a waddle when we met for coffee.

I happened to be wearing a Super that day... be you couldn't tell.

ani

Quote Originally Posted by Darkfinn View Post
    I did detect a bit of a waddle when we met for coffee.

I happened to be wearing a Super that day... be you couldn't tell.
    Haha - with a large x-plus and 2 abri-let maxi boosters - it's impossible not to waddle

No I couldn't tell but when you revealed 24/7 I knew. We should get together for coffee again sometime. I won't be so long winded next time

I have not. I have worn the Super, Extra and X-Plus. I wear the Abena Extra diaper on a daily basis (for about 1.5 years now) and I really like them. The Extra has almost as much absorbency as the X-Plus, but not as thick. Since I have pretty severe urge incontinence, I need a diaper that will take a flooding and not leak. However, there are some situations where I would be able to get by with a thinner diaper like the Plus, exercising for instance. I would be interested in trying them out.
    Spaz

Darkfinn

Spaz... where do you get your Abri Extras from? I really want to try some.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkfinn View Post
    Spaz... where do you get your Abri Extras from? I really want to try some.
    can get them from xp