Snowed in :/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hotdog55

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I'm already over winter, and this is just the icing on the cake. Must be almost a foot. Anyone else dealing with winter storm Niko?

Yup... I'm snowed in! It'd be nice to stay cozy in bed and diapered... if it wasn't for the fact that I got a horrible flu and all I want to do is sleep!

Well, not yet, just rain so far...

But I went to school in northern Vermont, and I've seen snow stacked 3+ feet high in a single storm, so this just doesn't faze me anymore. ^^;; Interestingly, up there, the snow actually never melts all winter long. It just keeps on accumulating. It melts around late March / early April, creating "mud season."

Oh now here we go... snow and lots of wind. ^^; I might just have to go outside and play... hehehe... ^^;;;

We were once snowed in because overnight we got hit with strong wind and snow and it happened to fast, the snow plows couldn't keep up so we had drifts and 15 foot drifts on our road. We were snowed in school was closed that day and it took them two days to catch up so school was closed for two days even though we were no longer snowed in the following day but there were still teachers that were and other students so they closed school. So two days without school and then a school day and then a two day weekend. That was fun. This was in Montana and very unusual because we never got a snow day.

I went to bed one night and woke up to wind and a lot of snow and I got dressed and had breakfast and my mom got a phone call and told me I could go back to bed because there was no school. I had never seen so much snow in my life except for in the mountains. How people still got out was beyond me but they still got stuck in the snow so my choir teacher's pianoist and her son stayed at my house because they got their car stuck. They were there all day until a big huge truck came through to plow our road and they had to get a big truck to do it because the drifts were so deep. I think they used a huge dump truck. My uncle worked all day plowing cars out that got suck because people thought they could make it to work and stuff. We dared to not leave our house. Luckily we had everything we needed.

Snow Day here too so I am using it as a diaper day. I might use the toilet then again maybe not.

We've got at least a foot on the ground and it's still coming down. I've been out for at least two hours clearing the driveway, walkways and path to the birdfeeders with my trusty snowthrower (snowthowers are FUN to use as compared to walk-behind lawnmowers, IMHO). Diapered up before I ventured out and got to enjoy stopping for a bit to pause in the falling snow and wet myself a few times. :smile1:

I wish we got that kind of stuff in this state. While the NE is getting snow and more snow. Here in NM we are hitting the 70's today and we will drop down to the whopping 50's over the weekend. It's good bike riding weather and my bike is basically down for packign up.

At least 10 inches here, I haven't ventured out yet, and a Amtrak train is stuck in my back yard too!

I'm currently in the Northeast area for work and dealt with snow and ice on the roads first hand. Makes my job a living Hell! Ugh I'm so ready for winter to be over!

I got about 6 inches where I live. I'm just glad I was able to get out and take a short trip to the mall. Sadly, most of the stores were closed.

I'd give almost anything to live in a climate with consistent highs in the 70s and lows in the 50s. That'd also mean moving several thousand miles away from my family and sacrificing many job opportunities.

Though I usually diaper up on Thursdays, I'm just not feeling it today.

As I watched my neighbor shovel his driveway, this reverberated in my head: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UBnhOZEodlE

I'm in central Virginia so no snow, but we were in the 20s today with wind gusts in the 40 mph area.

I'm definitely snowed in now... still working on digging out my car. >.< I'm basically just letting it run and thaw itself out, after clearing the tailpipe. We'll see how far I get after that. >.<;;

There's been some snow and cold, but there have been lots of warm days. It feels more like a long, turbulent spring than actual winter.

I had to actually do some shoveling to get my car out. >.<;;; I have to park off-road between several trees at my current apartment, and I think I dug a new hole in the ground trying to back out the first time (it's Front-Wheel-Drive and the tires were just spinning). But I got it! The snowstorm can stick it where the sun don't shine, haha! *stubborn*

Something I have always wondered is where you live where there is always snow, how do you get out of your driveway?

My uncle always plowed our driveways so we were always able to get out when we lived in Montana. I wonder if snow plows plow peoples drive ways or do they have to pay someone to do it for them?

Calico said:
Something I have always wondered is where you live where there is always snow, how do you get out of your driveway?

My uncle always plowed our driveways so we were always able to get out when we lived in Montana. I wonder if snow plows plow peoples drive ways or do they have to pay someone to do it for them?

So I got out today by a combination of digging / driving a bit relentlessly, but my driveway, while long, is very flat. One thing I've never understood is how people in, e.g., upstate New York who have really STEEP driveways can get up or down them during icy conditions.

Pass me some of that winter storm will ya? XD
I live about as south as anyone can get in the US (along the Mexican border on southernmost tip of Texas) and hardly ever see snow.
Last and only time in my life I've seen snow was Christmas Eve 2006 and that was only about an inch.

94 F tomorrow. Joy.
Ah well, at least it's not the wonderful summer heat waves of 120+ F

Sheepies said:
Pass me some of that winter storm will ya? XD
I live about as south as anyone can get in the US (along the Mexican border on southernmost tip of Texas) and hardly ever see snow.
Last and only time in my life I've seen snow was Christmas Eve 2006 and that was only about an inch.

94 F tomorrow. Joy.
Ah well, at least it's not the wonderful summer heat waves of 120+ F

Oh yeah, sure. *hands you a shovel* Have a blast! Hope you have a good back! :p (joking)

120°F is no freaking joke though... that can be lethal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back