Status
Not open for further replies.

DprEffect

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
Ive gotten canker sores since i was 12 years old. Once 1 or 2 heal, i have 1 or 2 new ones forming. Was curious if anyone here suffers from chronic canker sores and if they have found a solution to either reducing how often you get them or good ways to help them heal faster. Eating is always miserable and doctors have never been able to give me an anwer just tells me that they will heal....

DprEffect said:
Ive gotten canker sores since i was 12 years old. Once 1 or 2 heal, i have 1 or 2 new ones forming. Was curious if anyone here suffers from chronic canker sores and if they have found a solution to either reducing how often you get them or good ways to help them heal faster. Eating is always miserable and doctors have never been able to give me an anwer just tells me that they will heal....

I get mouth ulcers all the time inside of my mouth, and yes there god damn painful, I get them weekly.

Have you had your tonsils removed? The folds of tissue in tonsils harbor all kinds of bacteria, and could be a possible source for them.

I haven't had canker sores since I was a kid. Just kind of grew out of them I suppose?
I agree with Slomo they could be caused by bacteria. Other causes include a particular diet, vitamin deficiency, or stress.

I remember back then, swishing salt water in your mouth for around 30 seconds helped a little bit for some reason. If I were in your position, I would probably use a very small amount of toothache medication to numb the area and try your absolute best not to irritate it further through moving and prodding the sore with your tongue.

Slomo said:
Have you had your tonsils removed? The folds of tissue in tonsils harbor all kinds of bacteria, and could be a possible source for them.

I have not had them removed. Never had a reason to.

Dude you just have to add sauerkraut to your diet. just get a proper German or Polish jar of real fermented stuff

Don't cook it, roll a small bit of it into a ball wet from the salty goodness and press it against the ulcer... when it's warm and no longer salty sour chew it up and swallow.

Put some on your salad daily to build up your vitamin C level and probiotics and keep the remaining juice in a jar in your fridge to rinse your mouth with (no more than 50ml) if they start to come back. Wait at least 30 minutes before drinking/eating anything or cleaning your teeth.

I used to get them from time to time. I would get some table salt and apply it directly to the sore. It does hurt ALOT, but the sore would heal up shorty after. But the few minutes of sharp pain sure beat days if not week's of irritating pain. Haven't had one in many year's though, I think they were caused by my poor eating habits. I used to eat ton's of fast food when I was in the Military.

jambi66441 said:
I used to get them from time to time. I would get some table salt and apply it directly to the sore. It does hurt ALOT, but the sore would heal up shorty after. But the few minutes of sharp pain sure beat days if not week's of irritating pain. Haven't had one in many year's though, I think they were caused by my poor eating habits. I used to eat ton's of fast food when I was in the Military.

Same here, I would get them all the time too, and often had multiple sores every week. Although I used alum powder to heal them faster. It doesn't hurt anywhere near as much, and dries out the sore even better than salt. Although it has the downside of tasting horrible too.

After having my tonsils removed as an adult I stopped getting the sores too though. Now I might get one or two per year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back