Not open for further replies.

James1987

Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Sissy
  3. Little
  4. Carer
I can't seem to ever stay interested in the game for longer than 3 or 4 weeks. I think the highest I have ever gotten a character is level 56.

I really want to experience all the game has to offer but somehow I always get bored with it. Perhaps this is because I always play solo? None of my friends play the game and it feels so diffrent when you are playing with others that you don't even know.

So does anyone else here still play the game at all? Can anyone give me any good reasons to play it again and actually stay with it?

I couldn't enjoy WoW even with friends but in general, I think having those social contacts is key to enjoyment. For some, it's even enough to be "alone together" and just need occasional, random interaction. My sense is that WoW doesn't support this even as much as it did when I played at release and a couple of times after. If you think that might be your problem, I don't know what to tell you other than to find an active guild that will support grouping with your character.

Failing that, consider a game that is still all about community: https://www.project1999.com/

James1987 said:
I can't seem to ever stay interested in the game for longer than 3 or 4 weeks. I think the highest I have ever gotten a character is level 56.

I really want to experience all the game has to offer but somehow I always get bored with it. Perhaps this is because I always play solo? None of my friends play the game and it feels so diffrent when you are playing with others that you don't even know.

So does anyone else here still play the game at all? Can anyone give me any good reasons to play it again and actually stay with it?

Hardcore WoW player at your service!

I can give you several reasons :D and some advice!

1. Finding a Social Guild is absolutely imperative while leveling. There's only so much that the LFG tool can give as most people running lowbie dungeons are decked to the teeth in BoA's (Bind on Account gear. Increases ALL Exp gains by 10% per piece equipped.) and thus they only care about clearing the dungeon quickly. My advice is to find a Medium population server and join a social guild that's recruiting in the lowbie areas and talk in guild chat. Communication is key!

2. World of Warcraft is all about the End-Game. Once you hit max level you might feel there is nothing left to see or do but that is where most casual players are wrong! At level 110 there is a ton of stuff to do. Between Raiding, PvP, Rated PvP, World Quests, The Brawlers Guild, Mythic Dungeons and Mythic+ Dungeons, etc etc. I myself am a veteran Raider and am all about that end game content! Leveling is just the tip of the iceberg, once you hit Max Level the game truly begins, but don't rush to max level you'll find yourself overwhelmed and probably not able to play your class correctly.

3. If you find yourself getting bored of the game, it could just be you haven't found the right class to play yet. Experiment with each class, Mage getting boring? Try a Warrior or a Shaman! They get boring? Try another class.

I play on the US/NA Server Thrall, it's a Medium population realm and is highly active with both PvP and PvE content.

Thanks for the advice everyone.

Trevor, I have actually played Projects 1999 about late last year when I was trying out Ever-quest. I did enjoy it but just had trouble getting use to the controls. But I haven't forgotten about it and still intend to give it another go.

SnowBlitz, I started the game again and decided to try out a Medium population RP server to see if it gives a little more "fun" to the overall experience. Once leaving the starting area I have decided not to take on any quests that don't really seem like they have any point to them. Primarily the ones that have you kill 10 of this animal and 5 of this animal just to thin out the population. So cutting some of those quest out I find that I am not leveling as fast which gives the game a little more slowed down and hopefully in a few levels, harder approach. I am going to try and find a good guild tonight to get into. If it doesn't work out maybe I will transfer my characters over to your server.

James1987 said:
Thanks for the advice everyone.

Trevor, I have actually played Projects 1999 about late last year when I was trying out Ever-quest. I did enjoy it but just had trouble getting use to the controls. But I haven't forgotten about it and still intend to give it another go.[snipped]

I hope you have a good time with whatever you end up playing :)

I hate that game with a passion, lost too many friends to it that just disappeared.

rennecfox said:
I hate that game with a passion, lost too many friends to it that just disappeared.

I fail to see how this is at all relevant to this thread.

i somewhat echo what Snowblitz says once a upon a time levelling was good and such but since Cata ended Blizz has made levelling pretty much to get to get to end game it was sort of introduced during cata with all the changes to the vanilla world i absolutely loved levelling during Vanilla, BC and Wrath but nowadays i find it hard to even get to level 60. but it could also be back in those days you had to set up a group and meet up at a central point to do a dungeon then actually travel there thats the social part which went the way of the dodo with LFR and LFG but which returns when your max level doing Heroic Raids or even Mythic if your good enough. thats what keeps me in game since the Conversion of Wow tokens being able to being redeemed for Blizz credit ive boosted like 5 Characters to legion which i love :) sorry for the ramble but hopefully what i say helps :)

Yeah, since the death of questing and leveling, the game's social community that it was iconic for dwindled sadly. Everything can be essentially soloed, quests that use to require a group to do because you had to fight an Elite or a wave of enemies can be easily done, even without Heirlooms. Like around lvl 65 I think I was doing like 2.5k DPS or something on single target..... Back in WotLK you wouldn't see numbers like that until you were lvl 80. The Elite quests that required groups, those Elites were turned into normal NPCs. New people who started playing didn't have the patience to look for a group to do this, so Blizzard needed these quests.
I never had a problem looking for people for these kinds of quests, everyone helped everyone.

I remember I use always go around the Deadscar, in the Blood elf starting area on my Pally or Mage at lvl 80 with one my friend's alts to help him do the 2 of the Elite quests down there and people in the General were always looking for people to team with to do these and a lot of the time I'd carry some people, I was there with my friend anyway so I'd help them while I'm at it.
But Bliz decided waiting for more than 60seconds was to much for some people, so quests like this have been needed, thus killing the community.

Most friends I made was during lvling part, even when LFG came out, I'd queue with a friend who was lvling but had to do a dungeon for a quest, so I'd queue for his 70 dungeon while I'm decked out in full ICC gear.
I'd get healers that thought I was retarded noob for pulling a whole room, then realizing I'm not a 70 but a fully geared 80 tank, I brought good healers and DPS to my guild because of this.
But now things like carrying are gone, yes it's a cheap way to level but it was still a thing in the game that helped connect people.

In Legion the end game is fun and gives plenty to do but seeing the low level part of the game in the way it is now is what keeps from making new low lvls.

Sorry if my comment is negative, I still love the game and it has made a lot of improvements, old school way of getting a dungeon group was tedious, you could spend an hour trying to get a group together in the chat and one mistake and you lose a tank or healer, then it's back to city and back to asking the chat again....
Unnecessary talent trees, before anyone shoots me Lol. I say this because the Talent Trees gave the illusion of you having the freedom of customizing your character your way but in the end if you wanted to group for dungeons or raids you had to build your tree according to the Cookie Cutter Build that people demanded.
Raids aren't easier, people just got better, the game's features are better, less addons are needed for organization that people use to rely heavily on.

I always here people talking about how hard BC heroics were, I did them at level in Wrath, with BC gear no gear from Northrend and they weren't all that bad, CC and Interior.
EarlyCata (early as in before they needed it) those dungeons were brutal just on normal, ZG and ZA dungeons in Cata were dreadful if you did something wrong for a sec.
Even Legion dungeons, we now have environmental hazards that occur, Eye of Azura, while not drastic that wind that pushes you can mess you up if you're not careful.
There's more situational awareness needed now in the game for the dungeons, whereas in BC it was just CC that or interrupt that.

Alright I went off on major tangent, all in all.
The game hit a lot of bumps, big bumps, but games change and evolve to match the audience or consumer base. I'll use FF15 as an example, it's now more of hack and slash, while still requiring strategy and planning to defeat an opponent, you have the freedom to move around the environment and enemy in battle, as opposed to being a turn base game of slapping each other in the face back and forth. A lot of people now would find turn base boring especially with what games can do now. Like the logical question someone asked me when he watched play FF8, "Dude, why did you let yourself get hit, why didn't you move out of the way?". " What do you mean you can't move, that's stupid, how's that strategy when can't dodge an ability that can One Shot you?"

Both of these are valid points, in my opinion, turn base is dead. While not true to the community that grew up on these kinda of games, to rope in players to turn base is not as easy as it was before, because beyond story telling they are lack luster and boring.

Blizzard is following the follow of what people want, old school Gamers want grueling games that require a life's devotion, while money says, "Casuals bring in more money and are a larger audience."

I for one will love WoW, it's where I made some friends to who I talk to even when not playing WoW or games.
It helped me when it came to strategic thinking and it helped my wife with her confidence and helped her social anxiety.
So Blizzard although messed up a lot things in the game I liked, they did a lot of things that made me really happy. ^_^

When vanilla ended I was heartbroken, they made it too easy to get good gear. 40 man raids were the best because it was hard/frustrating. I haven't played in like five years and can't right now but I plan on turning my account back on and playing casually. I have my bragging rights, I got my Rhok'dellar. Damn game is so addictive ; Warcrack.

I play off and on, Been real busy, so haven't had much time to play the recent expansion. I did level up though.
I generally like the game as far as the story goes. But once your past that, it gets to be meh. There is so much old content now that newer or older players can experience.

I usually play the new expansion when it comes out for about 2 or 3 months. Enough time to level up my main toons and then shut it off again until the next expansion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back