Preschools abu

Status
Not open for further replies.
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
I am a huge fan of ABU super dry kids and cushies. That being said, I never tried preschools because I don't care for cloth backing as much. Now that they have preschools in plastic, I'm considering ordering some. Are they as thick as SDK or cushies? Are there any significant differences other than the two tape vs one tape systems?

The preschools are thinner and dont absorb as much, but still good. My fav combo is a preschool with a booster. Small ones or thick ones like the abena booster work nice :). The fit is alot better with the 4 tape. But with the preschools make sure u rub your fingers on the tape for a couple of seconds so you wont have any tape issues :) also they swell! Hehehe

Although I never wore ABU Preschools, I ordered a case of Plastic Preschools as soon as they were available. I put a couple of the coth-backed ones on a friend and have worn the plastic backed myself and they seem the same aside from the choice of backing. We have extensive reviews here:

https://www.adisc.org/forum/showthread.php/103820-ABU-PreSchool-Review
https://www.adisc.org/forum/showthread.php/98829-ABU-Super-Dry-Kids-v2-Cushies-v2-Review

The short of it is that they're a medium capacity diaper. I've encountered some trouble with the tapes, which they plan to address in the short term with slightly longer tapes and in the future with changes to the taping panel. As they are, the tapes fail too often but the rest of the diaper is good enough that I'd stick with it. They're lower capacity than the current generation of SDKs/Cushies, which is fine with me. I'd say they're worth a sample pack.

kawaiichibi said:
The preschools are thinner and dont absorb as much, but still good. My fav combo is a preschool with a booster. Small ones or thick ones like the abena booster work nice :). The fit is alot better with the 4 tape. But with the preschools make sure u rub your fingers on the tape for a couple of seconds so you wont have any tape issues :) also they swell! Hehehe

Rub the tapes? Never heard of that wish I've done that with others over the years :wallbash: . RIP many wasted diapers. Will definitely have to try with boosters thanks guys!

Yep :) once you stick the tapes on you rub your finger over them to generate heat. It helps with the adhesive sticking :) works really well

Desiloodle said:
Rub the tapes? Never heard of that wish I've done that with others over the years :wallbash: . RIP many wasted diapers. Will definitely have to try with boosters thanks guys!

kawaiichibi said:
Yep :) once you stick the tapes on you rub your finger over them to generate heat. It helps with the adhesive sticking :) works really well

I've generated a lot of heat with those tapes and while it does improve things, it's not a total fix. I look forward to not needing to give myself friction burns to have a better chance of keeping my tapes stuck.

Lol it is an issue wif the preschools. The funny thing is i dont have the tape problem with the plastic, but with the cloth backed ones. For some reason the bottom right tape comes off after an hour or so sometimes even earlier

They're one of my favorite diaper,
Good price, size, absorbenty, capacity, and comfy

I wish they made more daytime/playtime like these, like playtime little paws, space, and simple

Sent from my SM-J320V using Tapatalk

Only tried the cloth ones and I love them over the seni super plus I was previously using. Good day time capacity sag a little but I tend to like that feeling. Tapes could be improved and I know they will. Definitely sold on these another great product from Casey at abu

I always rub the tapes on too. It only takes a couple of strokes. You're not really melting the glue, just improving the contact a little better. This does woek though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back