Not open for further replies.

Hotdog55

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Toppings?
Style?
Go.

New York style, which really equates to a 20 mile perimeter of manahattan, and sausage and pepper. Chicago style is terrible because it's like eating a calzone and it's just too much. Thin crust is awesome. I'm a pizza snob. When I get pizza from somewhere else in the country it doesn't stack up. Chain pizza is nasty. And pineapples on pizza, although somewhat tasty, when it comes to pizza that's just not good. Like it's ok food, but compared to good pizza it'a bad. If that makes any sense at all.

Ok goooooooooo

I'm not really sure what the style is, but it's not super thin but not really thick. My favorite toppings are mushrooms, ham, and pepperoni. I also like cheese stuffed crust a lot. But I actually prefer calzones to regular pizza. I like to dip them in pizza sauce.

I love stuffed crust cheese pizza, hand-tossed if possible. I also enjoy soft Parmesan breadsticks to dip in marinara sauce.

As for liking a particular style, I'm not sure yet. I haven't tried anything other than what's at major food chains.

I guess style was a hard question. I just know all the joints up here are NY style and I've had Chicago style before. 0_0 Sorry hehe

Nice thick crust and any mix of toppings as long as there is only a few, any more than 3 or 4 toppings turns a pizza into a compost heap!
Oh, and anchovies completely ruin any pizza for me.

Pizza's just expensive cheese-on-toast! :p

I rarely eat it, but the best one I've ever had was when I was somewhere in the East or Southeast USA at a place called Numero Uno. It looked like a chain, but the deep pan we had tasted like it had olive oil in the dough, which was delicious, and it was covered with huge, chunky toppings -- like chargrilled half-mushrooms and quarter-tomatoes. You really had to eat it with a knife-and-fork. Even my mum (who doesn't like anything bread-based) couldn't get enough of it!

I guess my favourite base would be stone-baked, and my favourite toppings would be cheese, mushrooms, olives, onions, capsicum, ham and pepperoni.

New Haven pizza is the ONLY pizza! If you haven't had Pepe's, Grand or Abate's you have not had real pizza.

I grew up on the Jersey Shore, Seaside, to be precise. There were all these stands, small restaurants, on the boardwalk, and two of them were real Italian pizza joints. The one on the south boardwalk was the best. It was thin crust and great sauce and cheese.

After I got married, had three kids and moved to Virginia, I discovered only a mile from my house, a real Italian restaurant that on its marquee advertised, New York style pizza. It's the only pizza in town, maybe in all of Virginia that has pizza like that boardwalk pizza in Seaside Park, and they all speak Italian. It's the closest I feel to being home.

Oh yeah.....and I get it with mushrooms. Just mushrooms on that beautiful sauce and cheese.

Traditional New York style with pepperoni, sausage, mushroom, olives, anchovies, peppers, onions, bacon, extra cheese, and garlic

And since I separate New York and Chicago style... Chicago style is not pizza at all. IT IS TOTALLY DELICIOUS in and of itself and I love it, but it isn't pizza.

Chicago style I want sausage, and so much cheese I have to twirl it with a fork. Or all that cheese plus a meat sauce and extra spicy Italian sausage.

Qualification: my grandmother came from Naples Italy where pizza was invented. I think that puts me on a bit of a pizza pedestal.

I like thin crust.

Then there are 2 sets of toppings I like. Traditionally I like pepperoni, hamburger and cheddar cheese along with the marinara and mozzarella. Alternatively I like a philly cheese steak style. Alfredo sauce with mozzarella and provolone topped with steak and bell peppers.

My wife hates thin crust and I hate thick crust so we compromise and get a deep dish which we both like.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cheese.

dogboy said:
I grew up on the Jersey Shore, Seaside, to be precise. There were all these stands, small restaurants, on the boardwalk, and two of them were real Italian pizza joints. The one on the south boardwalk was the best. It was thin crust and great sauce and cheese.

After I got married, had three kids and moved to Virginia, I discovered only a mile from my house, a real Italian restaurant that on its marquee advertised, New York style pizza. It's the only pizza in town, maybe in all of Virginia that has pizza like that boardwalk pizza in Seaside Park, and they all speak Italian. It's the closest I feel to being home.

Oh yeah.....and I get it with mushrooms. Just mushrooms on that beautiful sauce and cheese.

Well geographically we're similar. I'm still on the shore, just a little further up. Asbury area. Shore got good pizza still, imo. But I still go to places a little inland. Just a little.

- - - Updated - - -

AAO said:
I like thin crust.

Then there are 2 sets of toppings I like. Traditionally I like pepperoni, hamburger and cheddar cheese along with the marinara and mozzarella. Alternatively I like a philly cheese steak style. Alfredo sauce with mozzarella and provolone topped with steak and bell peppers.

My wife hates thin crust and I hate thick crust so we compromise and get a deep dish which we both like.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm pretty similar. Not as much as you, but I see similarities.

Boston North End style. Similar to NY style but better.

Depends on what I am in the mood for, I suppose.

For example, I sometimes like thin crust, but other times I would want a ticker crust. Sometimes I may want just cheese, while other times I may want tons of toppings.
Sometimes a lot of sauce is good, and other times I want less sauce.

Although, I am not particularly picky, but I am incredibly indecisive. I can stare at a menu for a good 30 - 60 minutes and still not know what I want unless I allow someone else to choose for me or if I just get the same exact thing every single time.

In this case the same exact pizza I normally would get if I am making the choice is a meat lovers pizza.

Chicago style is deep dish. If you came to Manhattan, the crust is thin like a pan cake. But not soft. It's just what we got. I'm used to that. With some nice sausage and peppers. Chicago is too much. I don't like using a fork for pizza and I end up feeling like I need a fork. It's tasty but I just don't think of it as pizza.

What kind of nightmares are you getting from anchovies? Hahaha. That's sounds funny.

I actually like anchovies, they taste good on pizza as well as in caesar salad.

I generally prefer a thinner-crust pizza. But we have a couple chains around here where it's thicker but soft, and that's alright with me. Mushrooms and black olives are my favorite toppings. I hate onions and peppers on pizza, and I dislike most frozen pizza.

I was born in new york and can say for that I prefer Chicago to NY pizza any day. NY makes a great quick snack lol. For toppings, I'll eat all of them except olives and tomatoes.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back