Favorite pizza?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hotdog55 said:
Well geographically we're similar. I'm still on the shore, just a little further up. Asbury area. Shore got good pizza still, imo. But I still go to places a little inland. Just a little.

I had a young townie friend when I was in college in Princeton. He played sax and one night word got around that Springsteen was playing at the Stone Pony, so off he went. He was an amazing kid and he asked Bruce if he could sit in and play a piece with the band. The big man let him stand in and play three pieces. How incredible is that!

Meatlovers with a BBQ swirl.... or Apricot Chicken with cajun sprinkle.

mmmmmmm pizza

I love pizza.

Favourites standard pizzas with thick or thin base are.

Vegetarian with pineapple and lots of olives

chicken and pineapple

Margherita with fresh basil.

For wood fired I love a cheese pizza with Parmesan with slices of pear and roquette leaves on top.

Oh yeah has to have beer or red wine with pizza of course.

Home made all the way.

I only use whole wheat flour, tomato sauce with all the seasoning, fresh deli cheese I shred myself, fresh chopped mushroom, and boarshead pepperoni. It's so good that the ordered pizzas are crap in comparison.

dogboy said:
I had a young townie friend when I was in college in Princeton. He played sax and one night word got around that Springsteen was playing at the Stone Pony, so off he went. He was an amazing kid and he asked Bruce if he could sit in and play a piece with the band. The big man let him stand in and play three pieces. How incredible is that!

That's awesome. I have a handful of friends in Princeton as well. And I love Springsteen and the E Street band, so great story! I actually went to school with Weinberg's son. And I've run into Bruce a few times. In asbury and other places. I apparently hugged his leg as a toddler thinking it was my dad but no, that was just Bruce Springsteen and he felt really awkward apparently lol. He's nice. Thanks for the story. It was cool.

I've lived in NY for 4 years now, and still don't see why my local friends fuss about the pizza here being the greatest in the world! Back in northern New England, where there's more Greek-run pizza joints than Italian-run, the pies are huge, the sauce is sweet and tangy, and most importantly, it's cheap! Toss some mushrooms and steak tips on an extra-large Golden Acres pie, and I'll take it over a hole-in-the-wall Brooklyn parlor any day.

Pepperoni, Stuffed crust, 4-cheeze.

No specific style. Toppings include: green peppers, black olives, mushrooms. (Yeah, I'm weird.) I LOVE and I emphasize LOVE the macaroni pizza at Cici's!

I have to be in the mood for pizza, though. Otherwise I just won't be able to eat it.

Anyone ever had a Nacho topped pizza or a Nutella pizza?

Both of those are ridiculous but surprisingly great.

I don't really have a favorite pizza because on my pizzas I like to switch them up between orders. I enjoy all toppings expeacially pineapple

For the longest time I was vegetarian, and got basically addicted to nothing on pizza. Or not quite nothing, double cheese, and I put dip on it. So that's mine, plain double cheese.

I'm a New Yorker who likes plain pizza (or cheese for those of you who aren't from the greater NYC area), and I occasionally prefer sausage and pepperoni as toppings.

I love deep dish usually, and my favorite toppings are bacon and feta cheese.

dragon123 said:
I don't really have a favorite pizza because on my pizzas I like to switch them up between orders. I enjoy all toppings expeacially pineapple

You know I think that's the way it should be done!

emii said:
For the longest time I was vegetarian, and got basically addicted to nothing on pizza. Or not quite nothing, double cheese, and I put dip on it. So that's mine, plain double cheese.

Hmm dip on pizza... maybe this is how it should be done!

Argent said:
Hmm dip on pizza... maybe this is how it should be done!
I used to see my friends pour dip on pizza, and once everyone was doing it, and I screamed out "What are you doing!? Dip is for DIPPING!", and they quoted that line regularly for years. But, eventually, I totally got it, it's crazy tasty :3

Used to be a sausage, black olive, ricotta cheese and mushroom, but lately with Calamari and shrimp.

pesto sauce base, feta cheese, chicken, artichoke hearts and sun dried tomato. all that on a soft well proportioned dough that is not thick or thin perfectly in the middle.

I love me some crispy, thin-crust New York style pizza. And calzones. And deep dish. And Little Ceasar's. OK, I love all pizza.

I like grilled chicken and onions with some crushed red pepper and/or garlic powder. That's my favorite toppings.

mikejames said:
Boston North End style. Similar to NY style but better.

Regina's is the best! They have olive oil on your table so pour away!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back