found girly bedsheets but can't use them :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alexia

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Little
i decided to change my bed sheets and when i opened the closet where mom keeps all that stuff, i immediately noticed the pink hello kitty sheets. they look so cute and pink and girly and i wanted to put them on my bed sooo bad, but i knew it wasn't worth the potential embarrasment :(

now i'm laying in my bed, covered with a blanket that isn't pink.. at least my hair is getting long enough to the point where i can almost put it in a proper ponytail. my hair grows so slow :(

Alexia said:
i decided to change my bed sheets and when i opened the closet where mom keeps all that stuff, i immediately noticed the pink hello kitty sheets. they look so cute and pink and girly and i wanted to put them on my bed sooo bad, but i knew it wasn't worth the potential embarrasment :(

Is there any way you could hide the sheets under your quilt or something? Or maybe use them once everyone's gone to bed? Sadly, living with your family can be really hard in these situations. I too, use to be so embrassed about my butterfly quilt cover & I live alone. You just never know when someone pops in. But I'm open to a few people about my quirkiness & just put it away when others are around. It's something to look forward to when you do leave home. Hope you have some other great ways to enjoy your little side.

Alexia said:
now i'm laying in my bed, covered with a blanket that isn't pink.. at least my hair is getting long enough to the point where i can almost put it in a proper ponytail. my hair grows so slow :(

I remember those days when my hair was long enough, I loved it. Enjoy it while you can (damn, I sound like an oldie, haha). I really miss my long hair, so much so I might buy a good quality wig one day. Still not the same though. :(

So your a girl what's the problem just ask mom if you can use them.I just don't see a big deal here.
I might have a little problem if I was 19 and wanted to use them.
bn3baby

I can relate. I was so nervous when I wanted to put my sofia the first quilt cover on with pink sheets. I had a few odd reactions from people like my older sister but my family and friends accept it now and they don't seem to care. I think the hardest part for me is when a random family with kids came round (friends of parents) and they all piled into my room when my parents wanted to show them my animations and work I was doing. So awkward. But they didn't laugh surprisingly. I did get a "is this your room?" From the young boy though 😂. I now have a disney princess cover which is so adorable too. I would say just do it if you think your parents wouldn't fly off the rails for having girl stuff.

Alexia said:

But why were there Hello Kitty sheets in the closet? Were they for a younger sibling?

DufusBear said:
Is there any way you could hide the sheets under your quilt or something? Or maybe use them once everyone's gone to bed?
maybe i could, but i really dont wanna take a risk. and it takes quite a while to change the sheets. oh, and.. i feel really bad for your hair. i'm really scared of losing my hair.. i had a few dreams where my hair got short and i was so happy when i woke up
SweetPrincess said:
I can relate. I was so nervous when I wanted to put my sofia the first quilt cover on with pink sheets. I had a few odd reactions from people like my older sister but my family and friends accept it now and they don't seem to care.
i know my family would be supportive if i came out, but i don't wanna tell them because it would make me feel very uncomfortable if they knew. it would feel really weird if they started calling me by my girl name.. but it's very nice to hear that you're doing good with your family regarding your girly side
KimbaStarshine said:
But why were there Hello Kitty sheets in the closet? Were they for a younger sibling?
i have a younger sister. she's almost 18 and not really a girly girl but she's not bothered by pink bed sheets. i know she'd be happy to help me if i told her im a trans girl, but i really dont want anyone in my family to know because it would make me feel very uncomfortable..

i know my family would be supportive if i came out, but i don't wanna tell them because it would make me feel very uncomfortable if they knew. it would feel really weird if they started calling me by my girl name.. but it's very nice to hear that you're doing good with your family regarding your girly side
I think they would flip out if I said I was trans or gay or something like that cause they're Christians and believe the whole being gay is just a bad sin thing. I can see how it would be uncomfortable for you when people initially start to call you by your girl name, but if you don't mind me asking isn't that what you'd want being trans? By that I mean to be called by your girl name not uncomfortable.

Last edited:
I can sympathies with the idea that it would be personally uncomfortable for family to call you by a girl name or any of that. I've been there myself. I still don't go by my girl name around my parents and sister even though they know. It's just awkward. But it doesn't mean they can't know. I know it's uncomfortable at first but its unneeded stress to hold it in. Its good to have people who are supportive. If you think they'd support you I'd tell them. I know it can be daunting and scary, but it's something I regret not telling my parents sooner. If I had just opened up my mouth when I was 4-6ish when I started to feel different. . . Things would be much different for me now. According to your profile you're younger than me, don't make the mistake I made by waiting if you truely know they'll be supportive.

SweetPrincess said:
I can see how it would be uncomfortable for you when people initially start to call you by your girl name, but if you don't mind me asking isn't that what you'd want being trans? By that I mean to be called by your girl name not uncomfortable.

AddyShadows said:
I can sympathies with the idea that it would be personally uncomfortable for family to call you by a girl name or any of that. I've been there myself. I still don't go by my girl name around my parents and sister even though they know. It's just awkward. But it doesn't mean they can't know. I know it's uncomfortable at first but its unneeded stress to hold it in. Its good to have people who are supportive. If you think they'd support you I'd tell them. I know it can be daunting and scary, but it's something I regret not telling my parents sooner. If I had just opened up my mouth when I was 4-6ish when I started to feel different. . . Things would be much different for me now. According to your profile you're younger than me, don't make the mistake I made by waiting if you truely know they'll be supportive.

maybe i should explain my situation a bit better. i dont want my family to know no matter how much support i'd get. i don't want anyone to know. i want to leave everyone behind and move overseas to restart my life without my family being part of it. but that's not possible and it's making me depressed. i even started drinking because of it and i'm slowly getting used to it which can't be good.. i already have a few failed suicide attempts behind me. some things are bothering me a lot more than they should..

Alexia said:
maybe i should explain my situation a bit better. i dont want my family to know no matter how much support i'd get. i don't want anyone to know. i want to leave everyone behind and move overseas to restart my life without my family being part of it. but that's not possible and it's making me depressed. i even started drinking because of it and i'm slowly getting used to it which can't be good.. i already have a few failed suicide attempts behind me. some things are bothering me a lot more than they should..

I am sorry to hear you are having a rough time right now. Hugs.

The biggest thing about keeping secrets is how much they eat us up inside. You are consumed by pressure and anxiety that you bottle up and hide away. Those around you, who love you, may have no idea you are suffering, especially when we put a brave face on things. The thoughts spiral and spiral and there is no release from what you feel inside. It may be that you are at breaking point or in a state of despair. When we find ourselves at these low points in life in can be very difficult to see any sense or any way to make ourselves happy.

You have described that you want to run away to where nobody knows you and you feel this will allow you to restart your life. This could be an option for you but it seems to me you still have other options to explore before planning something so dramatic. With the greatest respect you are still young and have a whole life ahead of you. It is absolutely fine to not have all your ducks in a row at your age, there is so much more for you to learn about yourself, so much more of the world to explore. Both physically and mentally.

I know that right at this minute even thinking about explaining to those who love you how you feel seems like a complete nightmare, but there is no rush to find an answer. What is important is getting your head in a healthy state so you can make those important decisions when the time is right. You do not have to deal with everything all at once. In my experience this is what leads to the brain overloading and those dark thoughts returning. Maybe try to think of a few small things you can do to make your situation better. It may be as simple as finding a safe space to express your femininity, a local support group or trans orientated club? This may help to relieve the immediate anxiety and depression you are currently feeling. Be brave, reach out to the world and find some solace.

If you are not ready to speak to your family and friends about your inner thoughts, maybe you could engage a local councillor or mental health worker. I can really recommend finding someone to share your thoughts with because it relieves the stress and tension that has built up. It gives you someone to unload to who is able to ask you the right questions to bring out the best and true you. You might find that it builds confidence enough to explain all this to your nearest and dearest. And if you never reach that point at the very least it may help get your head straight to enable you to move on with your life if that is what you choose to do.

MotherFaith said:
If you are not ready to speak to your family and friends about your inner thoughts, maybe you could engage a local councillor or mental health worker. I can really recommend finding someone to share your thoughts with because it relieves the stress and tension that has built up. It gives you someone to unload to who is able to ask you the right questions to bring out the best and true you. You might find that it builds confidence enough to explain all this to your nearest and dearest. And if you never reach that point at the very least it may help get your head straight to enable you to move on with your life if that is what you choose to do.

there's no way i would ever be able to talk to a therapist unless i downed a lot of vodka before the session. i was never able to open up to anyone, except my long distance girlfriend that is no longer with me.. she's the reason i discovered and accepted my girly side, and she even gave me my girl name. she was the only person i felt safe talking to, but now i can't talk to her anymore. i feel like i'm stuck right now

I feel the same way, I want girly and pink bed sheets so bad but I can't have them without disapproving looks from my family.
I don't do it cause I want to avoid confrontation and unnecessary and excessive questioning.

tall2826 said:
I feel the same way, I want girly and pink bed sheets so bad but I can't have them without disapproving looks from my family.
I don't do it cause I want to avoid confrontation and unnecessary and excessive questioning.

Do it. Listen, to the both of you, life is far too short to go living someone else's life. This is your life and your chance to do what makes you happy. If having those sheets on your bed will make you smile, do it. I was exactly in your position, I bought a sofia the first bed cover and for months it lay hidden in a cupboard. I was so terrified of having it on my bed even though I desperately wanted to. Then one day I said to myself exactly what I just said to you. Stop living someone else's life. The words resounded so clearly with me and the next day I went out bought pink sheets, washed them and the bed cover, dried and then made my bed. I was terrified at the thought of anyone coming into my room and the embarrassment of it all. But in reality the worst I got was maybe a few odd looks from my older sister and a chuckle from my mum but they just accept it now because what can they do? My dad came into my room sees it and says "you really like that girl don't you? (I have several posters of her as well, such a cute show!). He didn't get mad or tell me I couldn't have it and just recently he even bought me a sofia the first little toy carriage for Christmas. Something he never would of done had I not taken the first step. So listen if you want to have girly sheets and have supporting families or at least ones that'll tolerate it then do it. Once you get it over with you'll feel much better and free.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back