Does it feel like a second language to you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Calico

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Other
Does anyone else find it foreign that vanillas would freak out over our fetish and have a hard time with it when their partner is into it?

After reading Coffee with Rosie, it all felt like a second language to me and I can't understand why anyone would have a hard time with ABDL. Did anyone else feel the same way as me or is this just me?

Last edited:
Well, I think it's going to be foreign to the vast majority of us because we like it. XD

Umm, but I can understand why it may freak out those who are not into it because it is actually quite on the unusual side. I think this really goes for any sort of fetish or interest that is outside of what people would consider typical. I think the rarer the interest, the more unusual it will seem to people.

reasonably yes, but not everyone is reasonable =/

SleepyTyrant said:
reasonably yes, but not everyone is reasonable =/

Is that a yes to feeling like a second language to you or a yes to this being just me?

Calico said:
Is that a yes to feeling like a second language to you or a yes to this being just me?

oh, i must be misunderstanding. I thought you were saying that as an ABDL, fetishes in general are like a 2nd language, and were asking why vanilla's would freak out.

i was saying that people arent always reasonable.

(i should proly read that story first, huh? o~o)

SleepyTyrant said:
oh, i must be misunderstanding. I thought you were saying that as an ABDL, fetishes in general are like a 2nd language, and were asking why vanilla's would freak out.

i was saying that people arent always reasonable.

(i should proly read that story first, huh? o~o)

Probably. The book was aimed at vanillas about understanding ABDL and how they feel about it and it all felt foreign to me. I wonder if my mom would be able to relate to it because she had a hard time with me wearing diapers for a while and she had to get used to it. Now she sees it as part of who I am and thinks if there was a place where everyone wore diapers, they might find it gross that someone would hold it and use the toilet and find that sick and strange. There was actually a story like that written here but I am not sure if it's still here.

Calico said:
Probably. The book was aimed at vanillas about understanding ABDL and how they feel about it and it all felt foreign to me. I wonder if my mom would be able to relate to it because she had a hard time with me wearing diapers for a while and she had to get used to it. Now she sees it as part of who I am and thinks if there was a place where everyone wore diapers, they might find it gross that someone would hold it and use the toilet and find that sick and strange. There was actually a story like that written here but I am not sure if it's still here.

I think if everyone used diapers they would certainly find a toilet strange. Gross? Probably not. I can't see why anyone would consider using a toilet gross. Maybe a public toilet XD.

As an ABDL, I'm biased in favor of it. When I try to be objective, I can see how someone who didn't enjoy it could find it weird and disgusting. In that sense, I think it's a lot like sex (even if it's not sexual for you). Sex is disgusting when you think about it but we do it because we're drawn to it, it's pleasurable, and it can mean something. All of those apply to my diaper situation and I'd say most of us, although the ways in which it does differ. We're often fulfilling basic human desires with it but it's a strange way to go about it.

Calico said:
Does anyone else find it foreign that vanillas would freak out over our fetish and have a hard time with it when their partner is into it?

After reading Coffee with Rosie, it all felt like a second language to me and I can't understand why anyone would have a hard time with ABDL. Did anyone else feel the same way as me or is this just me?

What are vanillas?

Angellothefox said:
What are vanillas?
Boring normals who don't have any fetishes.

Angellothefox said:
What are vanillas?

Vanilla people are those that do not indulge any fetishistic behaviour. Whether that is the BDSM community or ABDL or other interests. They keep mostly to the norms of society, and enjoy standard sex and standard hobbies. The term comes from the food flavour of vanilla, it is seen as bland and possibly boring, without flair or excitement. It is similar to how they speak of muggles in Harry Potter.

MotherFaith said:
The term comes from the food flavour of vanilla, it is seen as bland and possibly boring, without flair or excitement.

Slander, I tell ye! Vanilla is delicious and aromatic! It's a spice -- an ingredient specifically used to impart flavour in food -- the opposite of bland! And it's the second most expensive spice in the world! Oooh! I would beat those BDSM folk over the head with a giant vanilla pod, but they'd only enjoy it! :tongueout:

Vanilla good vanillas not necessarily

I do still just prefer muggles! Albeit a newer term! See old Ab's can learn new things!

Vanilla people usually won't understand fetishes, even really understanding and caring people. Especially something like ABDL where people will think 'uh oh pedophile alert!' and will think that diapers are for babies and old people and that it's gross. Same with DDLG, some people hate that girls call their boyfriends daddy. People also find BDSM weird because of physical punishment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back