Status
Not open for further replies.

LifeGoesOn223

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Little
  3. Carer
So the way I was raised is that if you are wearing just your underwear then its similar to if you where naked. But diapers, what would that fall under?

I think it should be treated as if your wearing shorts etc because if your wearing just underwear you can see the outline of the genitals....diapers not so much.

And I know this isn't worded the best.

I would consider it like wearing underwear. While your genitals don't show as much as with just underwear, a diaper covers just about as much as underwear would while shorts would cover quite a bit more. Heck, I even think boxers tend to cover more. Now on the other hand, for women underwear ... that is where it becames a bit more questionable as a diaper certanly tends to cover a whole lot more XD.

Well,

I'd consider it differently...

I'd say if it's likely to offend or make others uneasy then it should be done in private!

It depends on where you are, if your on a nude beach, well a diaper would be over dressed...

It shouldn't be about you, but the others in your surrounding area that will due to proximity interact with you...

If you are at the mall wearing just shorts (no shirt) is inappropriate...let alone just a diaper.

That's my take!

I don't see it as a connundrum. Diapers are underwear. There are situations where you can be in just your underwear but regardless of how much more they might conceal, I see them as underwear.

Agree with Trevor. Diapers are underwear and ought to be treated the same way. That means wearing just a diaper is something reserved for being at home (and even then, not around company save for the close romantic kind) and perhaps at the beach (though whether underwear only at the beach is okay is itself up for debate).

Gotta say the collective really isn't digging that idea, and I likes my privacy with my padding.

Isn't society funny. I've never seen someone wearing just their underwear out in public, like at the mall, on the street or in stores. But I grew up on the beach, and most peoples' bathing suits were little different than wearing underwear, and no one thought anything odd about that. Living on the beach, it was not unusual to see people wearing a bathing suit, no shirt if it was a guy, and maybe just flip-flops in a store. It's all about the rules society sets for us, even when they make little sense.

I like to wear runners shorts in the summer. these are really short, but they have a built in support that holds my diaper nicely. Just around the house though. I feel a little to vulnerable to wear this outfit out. but I also seem to remember a "got milk" ad that showed a guy on a bench press all sweaty, and he was wearing a pair of shorts that had elastic at the legs. Maybe you remember those black and white ads? It dawns on me now that Gary active wear over pants look just like what this guy was wearing. Probably not in reality, but B&W adds leave alot to the imagination. with the exception of girls gym uniforms, I have never seen shorts with elastic legs. So, anyway, we were talking about running around in just diapers, but maybe we can move the discussion on to what's safe to wear over your diaper? And I wonder if anyone would wear Gary's active wear over pants out? they are available in colors like navy blue. Just a thought.

MarchinBunny said:
I would consider it like wearing underwear. While your genitals don't show as much as with just underwear, a diaper covers just about as much as underwear would while shorts would cover quite a bit more. Heck, I even think boxers tend to cover more. Now on the other hand, for women underwear ... that is where it becomes a bit more questionable as a diaper certainly tends to cover a whole lot more XD.

I must agree, IMHO I think that since it does conceal down there extremely well it may be better suited. Obviously this doesn't mean its okay to wear openly around people who may feel uncomfortable.

I think diapers should be treated as how you would treat your underwear. Do you walk around in only your underwear? If not, don't do it with diapers. Do you want around in your underwear around other people? If not, don't do it with diapers. Do you show off your underwear? Don't do it with your diapers.

Diapers are another form of underwear. Even IC people treat them as their underwear and don't expose them to others or be a exhibitionist about it.

But I do enjoy going to a nude beach and being in just my diaper. No one says anything and very few do.

LifeGoesOn223 said:
So the way I was raised is that if you are wearing just your underwear then its similar to if you where naked. But diapers, what would that fall under?

I think it should be treated as if your wearing shorts etc because if your wearing just underwear you can see the outline of the genitals....diapers not so much.

And I know this isn't worded the best.

I think the difference here is that when someone wears shorts, it is generally considered they are wearing underwear beneath. There will be obvious exceptions to this but for the most part shorts go over underwear. If we treated diapers as shorts then it can be assumed that you are wearing underwear under your diaper. Now that is a highly unlikely situation so I think it would be considered you are parading around in your under crackers!

The other point to make is if you were to use the diaper for its intended use there is little to distract the minds of others that you were wearing a wet or soiled diaper if it was not covered over. That being said could it be more acceptable if you wore a diaper with plastic pants? Would the plastic pants constitute the shorts in your example?

I do think it is difficult to compare shorts and diapers when the general consensus would be that diapers are a special kind of underwear to help people deal with accidents.

MotherFaith said:
I think the difference here is that when someone wears shorts, it is generally considered they are wearing underwear beneath. There will be obvious exceptions to this but for the most part shorts go over underwear. If we treated diapers as shorts then it can be assumed that you are wearing underwear under your diaper. Now that is a highly unlikely situation so I think it would be considered you are parading around in your under crackers!

The other point to make is if you were to use the diaper for its intended use there is little to distract the minds of others that you were wearing a wet or soiled diaper if it was not covered over. That being said could it be more acceptable if you wore a diaper with plastic pants? Would the plastic pants constitute the shorts in your example?

I do think it is difficult to compare shorts and diapers when the general consensus would be that diapers are a special kind of underwear to help people deal with accidents.

I see your point. In my opinion one reason why its not the best to walk around in just underwear is because genitals can be easly seen. If I wear a diaper all one sees is the bulk of the diaper its self, when it comes to wetting around others etc I guess it depends on others comfort levels etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back