Lullabys

Status
Not open for further replies.

Songnar

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
My sweetheart sang me a lullaby last night 'cos I wasn't able to get to sleep and stay asleep. Last night I learned - It's not about your singing ability, it's about hearing that soothing voice coaxing you off to relaxation. :paci:

Got any favorite lullabys?

Stay Awake from Mary Poppins.

Even hearing it in my head makes me happy! :)

I have a Fisher-Price Baby Sea Horse plushie which plays lullabies.

There's a lot of adult lullabies and baby lullabies on You Tube. There also are relaxing CDs out there. I have one that's all Chopin and another I just got on Amazon that really nice. It's called "Timeless" played by Laura Sullivan on piano, with some other musicians on cello and some woodwinds.

dogboy said:
There also are relaxing CDs out there. I have one that's all Chopin and another I just got on Amazon that really nice. It's called "Timeless" played by Laura Sullivan on piano, with some other musicians on cello and some woodwinds.

Dogboy beat me to it but I just enjoy listening to soft instrumental CDs.

My two go-tos:
"Sleep Baby Sleep" by Jon Crosse
"Lady Marian" by Clannad

I like the "Dream A Little" series on iTunes... lots of classics in that compilation, and it comes with instrumental versions too! Rockabye Baby has a bunch of albums that are music-box style covers of popular songs like Pink Floyd, Green Day, Metallica and more... It's a nice twist on the lullaby genre.

I like to do short recordings with my cell phone, usually just talking about my day and stuff. When going to sleep I play the sound file to myself, it is awesome, calms me down and makes me feel safe.

I quite like music box versions of songs. There's a version of As the World Falls Down from Labyrinth I just adore. I like to look up music box versions of Disney songs on YouTube.

I like some of the classics: Frere Jacques (which is also in like, every language ever because the tune is so simple) and Rock-a-bye Baby are always great. I also like just making up tunes sometimes, it's easy to hum something soothing with a major chord progression or something sad and a little wistful with a minor one.

i love love love cocorosies songs werewolf and lemonade, they feel like shes singing me a story and its nice and soft. im sure she has more really nice sleep songs too. oh daddy by fleetwood mac is nice too and just guitar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back