Plastic Backed Vs. Cloth Backed (Bambino Magnifico)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BabyLink9

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Carer
So I wanna buy some Bambino Magnificos, however I really don't like plastic backed diapers. I love the idea of the new hook and loop tapes. Is it worth it to try these, even if I don't like that kind of diaper? Why do you like Plastic backed over Cloth backed?

I'm wearing my first Magnifico right now. It is definitely comfy and the plastic is kind of soft, so it may be worth a try coming from cloth backed preference. The problem for me with the Magnifico is it's too big. I don't mind the extra padding and how it wraps around my bottom, but the rise is too high on me and the tapes are pulled all the way to the center of the landing zone, just about touching the tapes on the opposite side. If they made a small version, that would be great.

IanDL said:
So I wanna buy some Bambino Magnificos, however I really don't like plastic backed diapers. I love the idea of the new hook and loop tapes. Is it worth it to try these, even if I don't like that kind of diaper? Why do you like Plastic backed over Cloth backed?

I'd say yes. Like you, I prefer the cloth-backed sort, but unfortunately the selection of cloth-backed ABDL diapers is painfully limited. The cloth-backed ABU Cushies were my favorite ABDL diaper, and I was very sad to see those discontinued. That said, they were far from perfect. One of my biggest complaints about ABDL diapers thus far has been the lack of stretchy sides, something that baby diapers have had since the last century. I love that Bambino has addressed that with the Magnifico. Even without the all-over cloth cover, the stretchy sides and hook-and-loop tabs were enough to make this diaper an instant favorite.

The only problem is... They're out of stock! So yeah, try 'em, but you may be waiting a couple of months. :(

Cottontail said:
I'd say yes. Like you, I prefer the cloth-backed sort, but unfortunately the selection of cloth-backed ABDL diapers is painfully limited. The cloth-backed ABU Cushies were my favorite ABDL diaper, and I was very sad to see those discontinued. That said, they were far from perfect. One of my biggest complaints about ABDL diapers thus far has been the lack of stretchy sides, something that baby diapers have had since the last century. I love that Bambino has addressed that with the Magnifico. Even without the all-over cloth cover, the stretchy sides and hook-and-loop tabs were enough to make this diaper an instant favorite.

The only problem is... They're out of stock! So yeah, try 'em, but you may be waiting a couple of months. :(

Guess I'll have to get a sample pack if I can get the chance. Do you think they would ever come out with a cloth backed version? and maybe change the print a little?

IanDL said:
Guess I'll have to get a sample pack if I can get the chance. Do you think they would ever come out with a cloth backed version? and maybe change the print a little?

What? You don't like the diapered dinos? Too obvious a metaphor for ABDLs? :) I actually really like them, but I get that everybody has his or her own preferences.

I do hope for a cloth-backed version, though, and perhaps a single-tab version. (Although the tabs on the current Magnificos are short, and each pair is functionally quite close to a single, larger tab.)

Last edited:
Cottontail said:
You don't like the diapered dinos?
He must not like me.:frown:

Experiment626 said:
He must not like me.:frown:

Why would anybody not like you? I don't know you so it's kind of hard to not like you. Indifferent though, that's another story.

Slomo said:
Why would anybody not like you? I don't know you so it's kind of hard to not like you. Indifferent though, that's another story.
My character is a diaper wearing dinosaur.IMG_0899.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back