• Both

Votes: 12 36.4%
  • Neither

Votes: 1 3.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cats All the way, Maxx in what way are cats annoying? They are just like little antisocial people covered in fur with a tail. Plus they shit outside and bury it! Win.

Maxx said:
and they kill birds. One of the few things that bothered me emotionally was watching a robin trying to frighten off a cat carrying off it's mate.

Oh yes. Another reason to dislike cats. I recall a few years ago, hearing something odd outside, which turned out to be a bird in the mouth of one of the neighbor's cats. Chased it down until it ended up dropping the bird and it flew away.

Not to mention the nest of baby robins I found in our hedges, which disappeared under mysterious circumstances, with me finding only one dead one on the ground.

Although unfortunately some dogs will do this too. My Boston terrier got a hold of a baby blue jay last year who was not so lucky. She's not a fan of any small animal.

Dogs are awesome. Cats are gross.

Maxx said:
and they kill birds. One of the few things that bothered me emotionally was watching a robin trying to frighten off a cat carrying off it's mate.

KimbaStarshine said:
Oh yes. Another reason to dislike cats. I recall a few years ago, hearing something odd outside, which turned out to be a bird in the mouth of one of the neighbor's cats. Chased it down until it ended up dropping the bird and it flew away.

Not to mention the nest of baby robins I found in our hedges, which disappeared under mysterious circumstances, with me finding only one dead one on the ground.

Although unfortunately some dogs will do this too. My Boston terrier got a hold of a baby blue jay last year who was not so lucky. She's not a fan of any small animal.

Don't all animals tend to kill things, not just cats? Welcome to the animal kingdom lol. XD
To even say that is a reason to dislike cats seems silly since it's not just cats. What you really should be saying is it's a reason to dislike all animals besides herbivores.

Also figured I would comment on this since I had not yet.
Despite having cats all my life, I just find them a bit too aloof for my tastes. They only want bothered when they want bothered.

On the other hand, I prefer birds over both cats and dogs.

All animals only want to be bothered when they want to be bothered XD. The only difference is it's easier to tell more easily with particular animals.

Something else to consider, it also depends on how you raise your animals and also the breed of the animal you decide to get. There are actually many cats that love lots of attention, while there are certain breeds that don't like as much attention.

Similarly, there are even dogs that are very cat like.

I get that, but all animals do that. I've had cats that go after cardinals, blue jays, goldfinches (state bird of NJ) and all the vermin you can think of.

Maxx said:

Well that's how nature works unfortunately. The strong prey on the weak. It might be gruesome to us but cats are predatory creatures.

Last edited:
Both, have always had both

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

I mostly like cats but see my signature for my choice.

Maxx said:
No, I get that. It was just a really tragic scene.... cat strolling away with a bird in it's mouth. The mate frantic... I guess you had to be there.

I can see how that might just seem disturbing. At any age. I know my dad back in the 50's killed a bird with a sling shot and it messed with him for years. Understandable.

I'm a cat guy, and I don't mind small dogs though there ok so long as there not barking there head off.

Heck, I like 'em all. Nowadays I just have a cat that I love to pieces. No dog anymore. But I miss him very much.

I'm the kind of guy who laughs when the squirrels figure out how to defeat my latest bird-feeder strategy. I mean they gotta eat, too. Sooooo, I feed them at a squirrel buffet I set up further out in the woods.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back