FootieCrinkle

Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Diaperfur
  4. Sissy
Hi all,

Anyone have experience with a Beretta PX4 Storm for concealed carry? I’ve always liked them. They’re blobby and weird looking and I love it. I guess that’s par for the coarse for a guy who owns a Chiappa Rhino. Also, being a huge fan of the anime Canaan, wherein the heroine expertly uses (and actually reloads) a lovingly-detailed PX4 with a green frame, also helps. 

Anyway, anyone carry a fullsize one EDC? I’m debating between a fullsize and compact. I’ve heard the fullsize is perfectly concealable as-is, and I’d like a gun that I can take to the range and do IDPA with as well, sort of a knockaround gun that can get scratched and worn a bit, which I am terrified to do with my heavily engraved Sig P238 Black Pearl, my current EDC aside from the Rhino.

Please, let’s keep politics out of this discussion, as I know not everyone is a fan of CCW. Thanks 

Cheers.

FootieCrinkle said:
Hi all,

Anyone have experience with a Beretta PX4 Storm for concealed carry? I’ve always liked them. They’re blobby and weird looking and I love it. I guess that’s par for the coarse for a guy who owns a Chiappa Rhino. Also, being a huge fan of the anime Canaan, wherein the heroine expertly uses (and actually reloads) a lovingly-detailed PX4 with a green frame, also helps. 

Anyway, anyone carry a fullsize one EDC? I’m debating between a fullsize and compact. I’ve heard the fullsize is perfectly concealable as-is, and I’d like a gun that I can take to the range and do IDPA with as well, sort of a knockaround gun that can get scratched and worn a bit, which I am terrified to do with my heavily engraved Sig P238 Black Pearl, my current EDC aside from the Rhino.

Please, let’s keep politics out of this discussion, as I know not everyone is a fan of CCW. Thanks 

Cheers.
Never owned a PX4 but didn't mind shooting one at the range once. As far as carrying one CC that's mostly a matter of your body size, shape, and your comfort with carrying a larger / bulkier / heavier gun. That's a very personal judgement call, and will be the same no matter which full size gun you carry. You may need to try several holster styles before finding one that's comfortable for you.

Personally I OC my G19.4 w/ TLR-1HL and Truglo TFX sights, and CC my LC9s Pro w/ Viridian white light. Try as I might I've just never been comfortable CCing a larger gun. Others have no problem at all.

Of course, the real question is how well it matches whatever other "protection" you're wearing [emoji6]

I can't find a comfortable way to concealed carry a larger gun. I like to tuck my shirts in.

I have a Ruger LCP that I carry in my pocket and I have a Kimber Micro that I carry in a Sneaky Pete holster on my belt. Usually I have one or the other. I keep a Kimber Ultra Carry in my backpack that I take in my truck and on the tractors with me when I am working on the farm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My full size carry gun is a Jericho 941FL with Meprolight tritium sights. Never held or shot a Beretta PX4, so can't say. My concealed carry pistol is a Polish P-64 in 9x18 Makarov. I chose it for military reliability and a more powerful round than .380.

I personally wouldn't use a full-size for EDC, to a trained eye they are noticeable. The compact version of that gun looks nice. My EDC is a Ruger LC9S, it fits nicely right in the pocket of my pants and everything on it is low profile so it doesn't get snagged on anything (sights, safety, magazine release, concealed hammer, etc). Shop around and get a variety in your hands so you know how they feel to you before making a decision IMO.

I live in MA and the PX4 is unobtanium here. My go to EDC is my Glock 30 in cold weather and Kahr PM9 in warm weather.

I do not agree with Crinklebutt. I used to carry a full sized 1911 (still do on occasion) and you'd never know. the right IWB holster is key.

I have a full size smith MP9 which I use EDC Concealed. It more depends on what you're comfortable with and where you live if you live down in Phoenix Arizona I would not recommend a full size for concealment simply because the amount of stuff you have to wear to properly conceal it just does not work well in 120 degree Temps.
I live up in Kentucky which stays fairly cool which allows me to be comfortable in jeans and a light hoodie which I keep my MP9 either in a waistband holster or a shoulder holster under the hoodie

My experiences in Kentucky also suggest that most people won't mention or react if they notice you carrying.

I use a Sig P250 subcompact in a sneaky pete holster. With my shirt tucked in, I look like some kind of computer geek. Looks like some sort of oversize phone/small tablet holstered on my belt, but it doesn't scream GUN.

During the winter I tend to wear longer (non tucked) shirts, and I just wear my P229 in a normal holster.

My advice is to have both a concealed and open carry pistol. For winter use, my coat covers my concealed carry pistol and I can't access it as readily, so I do open carry. If you're open carrying, you should ideally go with something that's polymer-framed and has a double-stack magazine. It doesn't have to be full-size. It can be mid-size or semi-compact. However, you want to make sure good holsters are available for it before you choose, "good" meaning paddle holsters with retention such as those made by Orpaz Defense, Fobus, and Blackhawk.

Even among these holsters, there's variations. One concern I have is that most retention holsters use your trigger finger to press a button to release the firearm. There have been cases where a person in a hurry has accidentally "followed through" and hit the trigger as they were drawing, shooting themselves in the leg. Because of this, I prefer a thumb release holster. Whatever holster you get, make sure it allows rotation, because you will typically want it canted slightly forwards to ensure comfort when sitting down.

I always found them to be unnecessarily bulky for their magazine capacity and barrel length. If you're determined to have a hammer gun, get a Sig Sauer.

I carry a Glock 19 modified for competition as my EDC. I originally carried a shield, but when I retired my Gen 3 19 from amateur competition (and added a slightly heavier trigger spring), I found it to make an awesome EDC. Got a Glock 17 for competition.

Traemo said:
My experiences in Kentucky also suggest that most people won't mention or react if they notice you carrying.

Same thing here in Virginia. I've put my S & W 9 in my pocket on occasion when I was walking in the inner city.

PaciPilot said:
I always found them to be unnecessarily bulky for their magazine capacity and barrel length. If you're determined to have a hammer gun, get a Sig Sauer.

I carry a Glock 19 modified for competition as my EDC. I originally carried a shield, but when I retired my Gen 3 19 from amateur competition (and added a slightly heavier trigger spring), I found it to make an awesome EDC. Got a Glock 17 for competition.

I don't personally own a Beretta PX4, but after looking at a subcompact model and handling it, I did find it excessively bulky for what it was. Personally, I find the Glock 19 to the best overall carry pistol; I feel it is the best compromise between size and capacity. I sometimes carry a Shield, particularly during the summer (I shied away from the Glock 43, given the Shield's good reputation, lower price, and superior capacity).

Traemo said:
To be honest most Walmart in Kentucky have more guns walking around the aisles than they do locked up in the Sporting Goods section lol.

Last edited:
Well, I've come to a decision. I'm actually going out of left field and going for an FDE-framed Gen 3 Glock 19 modified by Taran Tactical Innovations as my EDC. I've been looking at getting a cool, bespoke custom piece for a while, and now I can just about swing it. It'll take about four or five months to get it done up, and I'll post a picture when it is done. I'll send it off later this month as I'm going to keep the stock Glock back for a shooting class I'm taking at the end of the month. I'm very excited. I've always wanted one of these really cool, kitted out Glocks, and I finally scrounged enough money together to get one. My only complaint is that they can't do a purple fiber optic front sight, but those don't seem to be available anywhere.

Heard about these guys through John Wick 2, as they are the ones who trained Keanu Reeves in firearms for the role, and also supplied the custom Glock 34, 26, the AR15, and Benelli M4 shotguns used in one of the film's coolest scenes. From their Youtube videos and interviews they seem like stand up guys, and the head of the company Taran Butler, who has an awesome name, is an award-winning shooting champion, so they seem to know what they are doing, modification-wise.

Here's the package:
http://tarantacticalinnovations.com/combat-carry/

Thanks everyone for all your help. Cheers.

I've conceal carried a taurus judge 45lc revolver before, so I'd guess you can with a beretta too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back