Is shaving back there a good idea?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm completely smooth down there, front and back. I shave every two or three days. I use a women's razor w/ 5 blades that is made for "difficult areas". I've also used hair remover, but it can irritate your skin, so use caution if you take that route. Nair makes a product for the bikini area.

I've been doing this for awhile and it's gotten to be just a thing. It's no big deal, just something that goes w my shower every other day. I started a few years back. I found it helps w lots of things to include diaper clean up.

My advice: first trim. I used the trimmer on my electric shaver. See how you like it. Then get a women's razor, the 5 blade ones are best, and shave down your entire area front, back and sides. If you don't like it, I would guess it takes about three weeks for it to grow back. If you do like it, then repeat every 2 or 3 days. I recommend doing this in the shower after you've washed the area in warm/ hot water. Also, be sure to use a good women's shave gell..

I may never go back to having hair in that area. I love being smooth.

I did it. With only a razor. It literally took almost an hour... I didn't have a trimmer at my moms place, otherwise i would have used that first. I was reeeally careful and used shaving balm (?) several times. So far it feels fine:) Basically no itching (which makes sense because there's no hair to cause it), but that might change in a day or two... You can't really tell that my crack is bald from behind either, so i would call this a success:) It's 4:30 in the morning now so i better get to sleep (in a tena slip ultima with booster :thumbsup: ) This must be the first time i sleep diapered in about 6 months... Thanks again everyone for your advise:)

Wouldn't Nair work?

Of course nair works. It also burns really bad too so only use it if you don't mind that....

yeh go for it ive been shaving since I was 13/14 just shave regally I shave every other day and that works for me

plus shaving stops underwear skid marks too.
plus baby wipes help keep you clean also.

I am male and have shaved everywhere with both dry and wet double-bladed pivot headed razors with no problem whatsoever, i.e. no nicks, itching or razor burn. Don't use dull blades though.

Al of this affects everyone differently. Just go slow and use care.

I think unless you actually have recurrent messing difficulty, it's not worth the effort.

I say this because I have relatively recent recurrent messing difficulty, and I shave back there to minimise cleanup, but it's such a fiddly, time-consuming process, even after practice, that I doubt I would have done it when I was continent.

The reason it minimises cleanup, incidentally, is because if you don't shave back there you get particulates in the hair and it's just frustrating.

I used to shave back there but it got so sore and itchy every time I shaved so I stopped. Having said that I get itchy and sore where ever I shave which is why I don't shave anywhere anymore. Maybe try it and if it's really uncomfortable just don't do it again, at least then you'll know.

I do like to shave the crack area every week or two. I recommend a good woman's shaver like Venus. It is designed for the contours of the body vs. a mans razor that is designed for the race. I never get razor burn or nicks, even on an older blade. I used to dread the after effects when using a men's razor, but no issues with the Venus. Highly recommend this if you are starting out. As with any shaving of a new area, proceed with caution until you get the feel of it. When it grows back, it can get a little itchy, but then it's time to save again.

EmanResu said:
I will be home alone for a week starting tomorrow (first time wearing in 5 months!), so i will be wearing every night and as much as possible during the days. It's impossible for me to clean up after #2 without taking a shower, because of the hair back there. I've thought about shaving, but i'm worried about a couple things. First of all it could be pretty awkward if someone saw that the middle of my ass was bald, while the rest of it isn't (for example in the sauna with a friend, or just changing underwear at home and my dad seeing me). I think it would look kinda wierd, and maybe it will take forever to grow back?? My main concern though, is that it might itch and ruin my week of diaper adventures which i definately don't want. Has anyone done this? Does it itch? If anyone has experience with this it would be great if you could share it. It would be awesome to not have to shower every time. Thanks!
Yes. If you are going to be messing, shave all the hair down there. Front, back, and inbetween. It makes cleanup so much easier

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back