Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Hello from PA

  1. #1

    Default Hello from PA

    Hey everyone, I'm a 35yo Male DL from Western PA.

    Aside from being a DL, I really enjoy playing board games and some video games. My current favorite board games are BattleLore, Agricola, Settlers of Catan, Ticket to Ride, and Carcassonne. My current favorite video games are Halo Wars, Fallout 3, and Oblivion. I don't play video games online because I do not have enough time to practice and be competitive with the other players.

    I also dabble in video editing, and I'm trying to wrap my head around some 3-D rendering using 3ds Max (I'm not very good at it).

    I am married and my wife knows about me being a DL, but she's not really into it herself. She doesn't mind me wearing whenever I want to, just as long as I'm discreet about it. I wear diapers about 12/5. Yes, I've fantasized about being incontinent but the longest I've been able to wear continuously is 2 1/2 days, then I need a break.

    I've belonged to a few ABDL forums over the years and, to my embarrassment, some of them are now unmentionable. ADISC seems promising, so far, as a place to chat with like minded individuals without the creep factor of a few other places I've tried.

    In case anybody cares, my current diaper stash consists of:

    1 case of Abena X-Plus Mediums (my favorite)
    1 case of Bambino Bianco Mediums (a close second, just edging out Molicare Super-Plus)
    1 package Assurance Briefs (coupled with the Abri-Let for economy)
    2/3 case of Abri-Let Maxis
    1 case of Bambino Quadro stuffers (just giving them a try)
    1/2 package Pampers 7 (tried them as stuffers but, I'll take the Abri-Lets any day)
    ~5 Depend Boost pads (to give a little added bulk when desired)

    Hope that wasn't too long winded!

  2. #2
    FullMetal

    Default

    Not long winded at all! Actually, you give a great example of a really good introduction post! Do you like risk? I remember when I was like 11 me and my friends used to have sleepovers and we would play risk from like 10PM to 7AM right before we passed out

    Oh and if you are looking for a good video game and like Halo and Fallout, I would recommend Gears of War. Start off with 1 and I am sure you will end off devouring 2. One of my most favorite games.

    Anyway, nice to meet you, and enjoy yourself!

    FullMetal

  3. #3

    Default

    Thanks FullMetal!

    Yes, I've enjoyed Risk but these days I can't play long into the night. You should try the newly released version of Risk put out last year. It makes the game more fun IMO (it packs a lot more action into less time). I also like the remake of Yahtzee, Yahtzee: Free For All!

  4. #4

    Default

    Try L4D...great....great...great game

  5. #5

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by Skeeter View Post
    Thanks FullMetal!

    Yes, I've enjoyed Risk but these days I can't play long into the night. You should try the newly released version of Risk put out last year. It makes the game more fun IMO (it packs a lot more action into less time). I also like the remake of Yahtzee, Yahtzee: Free For All!
    ...more action into less time? That would seem to me to violate one of the core principles of that game as an endurance test (as with Monopoly, as well), which is a big part of why it was awesome. I don't play board games much anymore, but I've got a few good ones for when the situation is right, particularly Cosmic Encounter, Kingmaker, and Britannia.

    Anyway, good intro. Welcome to the site

  6. #6

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by Trevor View Post
    ...more action into less time? That would seem to me to violate one of the core principles of that game as an endurance test (as with Monopoly, as well), which is a big part of why it was awesome. I don't play board games much anymore, but I've got a few good ones for when the situation is right, particularly Cosmic Encounter, Kingmaker, and Britannia.

    Anyway, good intro. Welcome to the site
    Thanks Trevor,

    You are correct, the object of the game has changed. You now have to complete objectives to win the game. You also gain perks when completing the objectives. I happen to find Risk more fun when the games of it are shorter. I did not find "turtling" in Australia to be very fun, but from what I remember it was a pretty effective strategy for weathering the battle attrition.

    As for Monopoly, the only long playing games I've played were the ones with house rules (e.g. money on Free Parking, and no auctioning of unpurchased properties). If played by the original rules, I've found the game is cutthroat and doesn't last overly long.

    As for the other games you mentioned, I have not played any of them, but I've heard of them. In fact, Cosmic Encounter was recently rereleased and I'm hoping to play it the next time my game group gets together.

  7. #7

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by Skeeter View Post
    You are correct, the object of the game has changed. You now have to complete objectives to win the game. You also gain perks when completing the objectives. I happen to find Risk more fun when the games of it are shorter. I did not find "turtling" in Australia to be very fun, but from what I remember it was a pretty effective strategy for weathering the battle attrition.
    Color me unenthused. Our games never seemed to degenerate into anything so simple as just blocking people off, it was more a matter of bringing the forces to bear and shifts in alliances. All in all, not a very well-balanced game, but it was good for what it was.



    As for Monopoly, the only long playing games I've played were the ones with house rules (e.g. money on Free Parking, and no auctioning of unpurchased properties). If played by the original rules, I've found the game is cutthroat and doesn't last overly long.
    Yes, I suppose it was the house rules that sustained it. I was more than willing to take extended gameplay for the occasional stunning reversal.



    As for the other games you mentioned, I have not played any of them, but I've heard of them. In fact, Cosmic Encounter was recently rereleased and I'm hoping to play it the next time my game group gets together.
    Cosmic Encounter gets most interesting with two alien powers at once, but in any event it rarely goes into the marathon sessions described above.

    This is getting me thinking of games I've got in my closet, now. Ah, Battletech!

  8. #8

    Default

    Welcome to the site.

    Skeeter... reminds me of a character from a TV show..

  9. #9

    Default

    Jon93,

    I didn't pick my name from a TV show, it's more of a nickname I picked for myself (kinda sad really).

    What character and show were you thinking of?



    Quote Originally Posted by Trevor View Post
    Color me unenthused. Our games never seemed to degenerate into anything so simple as just blocking people off, it was more a matter of bringing the forces to bear and shifts in alliances. All in all, not a very well-balanced game, but it was good for what it was.



    Yes, I suppose it was the house rules that sustained it. I was more than willing to take extended gameplay for the occasional stunning reversal.



    Cosmic Encounter gets most interesting with two alien powers at once, but in any event it rarely goes into the marathon sessions described above.

    This is getting me thinking of games I've got in my closet, now. Ah, Battletech!
    Sounds like we have some pretty different tastes in board games, but that's fine. I still enjoy all games to some degree, I just can't invest more than a couple hours into playing a single game any more So my tastes have changed accordingly.

    If you haven't tried any of the board games published in the last 5 years or so, I'm sure you'll find some that are very cool. For example, if you're into Tolkein, War of the Ring by Fantasy Flight Games would probably be right up your alley.
    Last edited by Peachy; 31-Mar-2009 at 23:03. Reason: merging double post - put all your thoughts into one post!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
ADISC.org - the Adult Baby / Diaper Lover / Incontinence Support Community.
ADISC.org is designed to be viewed in Firefox, with a resolution of at least 1280 x 1024.