Votes: 48 46.2%
  • To urinate 1-2x/day

Votes: 6 5.8%
  • I use toilet as often as I can

Votes: 23 22.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
My OAB has changed over the years, I find I am using my diaper more often then not simply due to the fact I am peeing with out warning more often. Bathroom breaks are becoming a thing of the past since running to the bathroom every 30 minutes is not practical.

More pr less the same thing as Rob said, a lot of times I notice I'm wet, but no memory of going, whereas other times I feel the urge, but too late and I wet within seconds. Toilets I use them when I can, but no more than 2-3 times a day at best. I also have to admit, that I no longer care about it I'm wearing a diaper anyway.....due to the above

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't use the toilet anymore but I do use a potty or my potty seat and step about 5 times a week tho but most of the time I don't do anything in them

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I have acquired IC, so my toileting is limited. I'd like to be using the toilet for messing most of the time. In actuality, I only tend to make it about 30 to 40 percent of the time.

NotTheAverageMan said:
More pr less the same thing as Rob said, a lot of times I notice I'm wet, but no memory of going, whereas other times I feel the urge, but too late and I wet within seconds. Toilets I use them when I can, but no more than 2-3 times a day at best. I also have to admit, that I no longer care about it I'm wearing a diaper anyway.....due to the above

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Same here I wear nappies so if I can use a toilet I do but usually just go in my nappy.

On the stints where I'm wearing 24/7, I'll almost certainly not use the toilet at all unless I have to BM and I'm out in public and then I'll avoid THAT.

I have no bowel or bladder control so I don't use the toilet ever. Besides, when one undoes the tapes to toilet, the brief is never as tight or secure after. But I do use insert pads to catch my bm and keep the diaper clean from mess. I mess at the worst times.

I agree with chestnut that BM's are the worst. I do try to use a toilet if I need to poop, but have very little time before the inevitable happens so often don't make it. For Pee I use toilets less now as I also have little warning or don't realise I need a pee until it is happening. I also agree about never being able to re-tape a diaper securely - the exception is the belted type of pad - Tena Flex etc with a velcro fastening waist band and a drop down front so that you don't need to loosen everything-just open the trap door.

The problem for me is that it is so difficult to get unfastened and ready to pee before the stream starts. This means I am at risk of wetting my briefs and jeans - something I am more embarrassed about than wearing a diaper.

when i make it to one.... generally thats only for BM after that has already started... i get a urge just as it begins to start.. so i generaly can run to a nearby bathroom and keep from needigng a major clean up..but thats about 1 time a day the other few ill be in cleaning up a very wet, and now messy diaper or pullup

The hard part of incont is bowel loss. I could shit myself at any time. I must have a full tight adult brief with 1 or 2 pairs of plastic pant on top in order to feel safe outside the house. This is to contain the odor so I can get outside or to a restroom. In order to get some of the bm out of the way, I insert suppositories before bed so I mess myself while asleep. I don't always stay asleep. Better in bed than in public. Obviously the clean up of feces is much harder than just wet pads. And there is also the chance of infection on my penis from the feces. It's very hard.........

I just use my nappy for peeing but most the time I can use the toilet for BMs (sometimes I don't make it though).

I used to try to make it to the toilet as much as I can but it's hard so I just stopped. It was awkward earlier because my best friend asked if I am okay because it didn't use the toilet all day and I had to say I was just using my nappy instead because trying to use the toilet is hard haha (not as awkward as when I have to rush to the bathroom but halfway out the room I'm like "nevermind, I don't need to go now" because I wet myself...). I think the worst accident try to use the toilet was when I peed in between taking my pullup off and sitting down, I peed all over my clothes :(

I just use the diapers most of the time unless I have to poop.
I try to avoid pooping in my diapers even though i frequently have pee accidents in them.
Also the tapes tend not to be as secure after refastening

Used to just wear in case of accidents, now use for pee all the time - still use toilet to poo, bowel still works, even if bladder is shot

when i make it before i start leaking into my diaper, or if i am close enough for BM most BM can makeit but there are times i endup ina soaked dirty diaper bladder incon bowels marginal L5 spinal injury

Usually for my solid BMs, then I get my leakage and diarrhea for a few hours after one of those. Otherwise usually just for urinating after a shower or something before I diaper back up.

I very rarely pee in the toilet with OAB I usually can't get to the toilet in time I go poop in the toilet though

Toilet use for me varies. I rarely use it for urination and "try" to use it for bm's. I pee and poop an average of 22 times a day and use the toilet maybe 3 times (which are my bms). Some days I don't use it at all due to my urge incon.

I use the toilet for BM's as much as possible, and for urinating when I can. It's actually a kind of successful feeling to use the toilet, because it's like "that's one less diaper to change," and "thank you, body, for allowing me to get to the toilet." No matter how much willpower I can muster, if my body doesn't warn me fast enough and the conditions aren't right, there's no way I'm getting to the toilet in time. I try to avoid causing myself pain, but I think not having to clean up after a BM accident is totally worth it if I only have to live through a little pain in order to make it to the toilet.

It's changed a lot for me over the years. In the beginning, I always tried to make it into the bathroom. As time went by (about a year) the urgency got so bad that my success rate dropped to under 50%. Almost all my BM's were very loose and resulted in unsuccessful atempts.Most of my aborted attempts were early morning and meant a bathroom clean-up, a shower and a rediaper.This was roughly 3 times as long as if I just used my diapers. Eventually the anxiety of laying in bed waiting for the eventual urgency and the race to the bathroom becomes just too much. Am I being lazy or is this just convenience? Probably a little of both. During the day if I can make it (which is becoming increasingly unlikely),I still make the attempt. My bladder urgency isn't nearly as bad but again, and I do have success from time to time, but the effort is exhausting. The convenience comes with the cost of time, which is still much better when I don't have the bathroom to clean along with cleaning myself and showering. it just seems more practical to use my diapers. I've experimented with using less Metamucil but even a slight reduction brings back the loose stool. For the time being, I've learned to live with increased frequency and larger volume. Clean up is still a major pain but it goes quicker and is not nearly as bad as a loose BM. I know a lot of people think urgency problems would make using the bathroom a viable option but that's not always the case.

Yep the pee always goes in the diaper - unless I am like standing next to a toilet I won't make it anyway -

I do have pretty bad IBS flare ups - but can normally make it to a toilet - as I have said in other posts I hate messy clean ups - I end up choking and feeling sick - but occasionally have no choice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back