Status
Not open for further replies.

hippyman

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
Hi, I've been lurking for awhile, with a post only once in awhile, but I finally think I'm ready to take the bull by the horns...I'm finally starting to accept myself!!! I was sort of forced into the adult world too early, so I think this could be me needing to recapture what I missed. I'm hoping I can make some friends on here in the process. Feel free to ask me anything.

I was forced to gown up to fast to I don't know what a childhood is

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Firegoblin13 said:
I was forced to gown up to fast to I don't know what a childhood is

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It's ok some of us did not have it good growing up I'm sorry .
I can't change the past all I can do is one day at a time.
All the best to you.

Congratulations. I too am on the path to self-acceptance. Here's to a healthier happier future!

For me it was bullying from the start of my school years. Not really pleasant, but explains why I regress to a pretty young state sometimes ~

I think a lot of us have that issue where we had to grow up way to fast and now that we are actually adults and have the ability we mentally travel back to a time where we were safe, comfortable and everything seemed right with the world. I am safe and happy in my little world, good luck in yours. :)

I was just wondering when "full acceptance" finally happens. It seems like I throw away a new bag of diapers just because I'm unsure about things, then I end up changing my mind again. It seems like half of me wants to be little, and half of me wants to be normal, and its driving me crazy :wallbash:

hippyman said:
I was just wondering when "full acceptance" finally happens. It seems like I throw away a new bag of diapers just because I'm unsure about things, then I end up changing my mind again. It seems like half of me wants to be little, and half of me wants to be normal, and its driving me crazy :wallbash:

I think self-acceptance is more of a journey than a destination but if you're still purging, you've got a ways to go. I'd say the first step is resisting the impulse to purge. You can always toss things out the next day, and the next, etc.

History shows you're going to want that stuff again and there's nothing wrong with it. Understand that it's odd but there's nothing wrong with some oddness. These quirks are what make us human.

Trevor said:
I think self-acceptance is more of a journey than a destination but if you're still purging, you've got a ways to go. I'd say the first step is resisting the impulse to purge. You can always toss things out the next day, and the next, etc.

Wow, I've been in the purge phase for so long, I'm starting to question. I guess everything will be alright with me wearing diapers, the problem right now among other things, is keeping people close to me from finding out.

hippyman said:
Wow, I've been in the purge phase for so long, I'm starting to question. I guess everything will be alright with me wearing diapers, the problem right now among other things, is keeping people close to me from finding out.

I think a helpful part of that (if you can rationally swing it in your situation) is to transition from having a secret to it being private. Secret is of the "Oh my God, what would I do if person X found out?" whereas private is keeping it to yourself but not being ruined if it comes up. If you're dependent on others for your living situation, secret is probably prudent but just that little adjustment in thinking helped me. I haven't had to discuss it with anyone who isn't involved yet but I tell myself I'm okay with that possibility should it arise.

Everything can be better than alright if you let it be. It can be wonderful, particularly if you find someone to share it with.

Well, I think I seem to be making the transition from "secret" to "private" fairly well. I've been wearing more than ever before, and nobody even seems to notice the crinkle. I guess thats mostly just my own paranoia, right? I think I've gotten happier during this time too.

hippyman said:
Well, I think I seem to be making the transition from "secret" to "private" fairly well. I've been wearing more than ever before, and nobody even seems to notice the crinkle. I guess thats mostly just my own paranoia, right? I think I've gotten happier during this time too.

In general, people are focused on other things and don't notice. Most of those who do notice will assume you need them and say nothing. If you wear a lot, I think it's best to accept that by the odds, you could eventually have to deal with someone who notices and isn't so polite. I have ABDL friends who have been asked. It's rare but it can happen.

Trevor said:
In general, people are focused on other things and don't notice. Most of those who do notice will assume you need them and say nothing. If you wear a lot, I think it's best to accept that by the odds, you could eventually have to deal with someone who notices and isn't so polite. I have ABDL friends who have been asked. It's rare but it can happen.

My concerns seemed to be more along the lines "if family noticed/found out" while I'm around them, however, so far that hasn't seemed to happen.

hippyman said:
My concerns seemed to be more along the lines "if family noticed/found out" while I'm around them, however, so far that hasn't seemed to happen.

I'm pretty laid back about wearing diaper around others at this point but I'm still cautious about family. I'm 24/7 right now, so if I see them, I'll be wearing. If I know I'm going to see them, I typically wear something as discreet as I can manage. They're about the only use I have for clothlike covers and/or pull-ups. I don't think my family is suspicious at all but they have more reason than most to get close and wonder why my butt or crotch might look different than usual.

I am in the same spot as you, just recently started to accept and explore my
little side. I also understand not really having a childhood and wanting to get
that back. Its also a way for me to relax and feel safe.

I was forced into adulthood as well. I love finally accepted myself for who I am a couple years back and I feel great.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back