Status
Not open for further replies.

RJDodger

Resident Malamute
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Diaperfur
This probably get asked fairly regularly, but: I want to experiment with smaller sample packs of various diapers. I've got a couple lined up, but I wanted to ask people here what the bulkiest diaper available in the US is. I was looking at Rearz Safari, but idk how easy that'll be to get shipped to the US.

if your looking for Rearz Safari without having to ship from canada look into Bambinos

Northshore Supreme was pretty bulky when I tried them. They even have a "instructions" when you first put them on to loosen the stiffness from them. Also, ABU has some incredibly thirsty ones that can get pretty bulky.

Rearz Inspire+ InControl, Dry 24/7, Abena L4, ABU Space/Simple, and NorthShore Supreme

I agree on the Abena L4. So thick I couldn't really walk. It was a nice waddle instead :9

disneygeek said:
Northshore Supreme was pretty bulky when I tried them. They even have a "instructions" when you first put them on to loosen the stiffness from them. Also, ABU has some incredibly thirsty ones that can get pretty bulky.
How do they compare to Abena M4s? I've looked at them before as a slightly cheaper alternative.

SunshineFlower said:
I agree on the Abena L4. So thick I couldn't really walk. It was a nice waddle instead :9
Aren't L4s just M4s with a larger waist? Even M4s are actual a little big on me.

you should read the review section. the Rears listed are the thickest, and Bambino carries them in the US. ABU is a close second. Abena L4 and M4s aren't even a distant 10th. Bambino, ASC, Tykables, Fabine, North Shore, 24/7, and then the thin models of Rearz, ABU, Bambino, and others all line up before you get down to Abena.

I'd say Abu premium are the thickest I've worn. I've tried probably half the diapers on the market today. Someone mentioned northshores. Northshore are one of the best THIN diapers I've tried they are very hard when dry and swell a bunch but Abu literally have me waddling from the start and it only get worse as wetness and swelling increases. Abu premium get so wide in the middle that I literally cannot close my legs even if I try hard enough to ruin my diaper.

Sent from my HTC Desire Eye using Tapatalk

Foxroxsox said:
you should read the review section. the Rears listed are the thickest, and Bambino carries them in the US. ABU is a close second. Abena L4 and M4s aren't even a distant 10th. Bambino, ASC, Tykables, Fabine, North Shore, 24/7, and then the thin models of Rearz, ABU, Bambino, and others all line up before you get down to Abena.

Well, after going through reviews of diapers I was looking at, this is what I got:

Rearz Safari: 4.23cm dry, 11.5cm wet
ABU SDK: 4.2cm dry, 10.5cm wet
ABU Space: 3.8cm dry, 11.6cm wet
Abena M4 (plastic backed): 3.5cm dry, 6.5cm wet
Dry 24/7: 3.4cm dry, 10.1cm wet
DC Amor: 3.3cm dry, 10.5cm wet
ASC: 3.3cm dry, no wet measurement but looks to be about 8-10cm.
Bellisimo (updated): 3.2cm dry, 9.1cm wet
ABU Preschool: 3.1cm dry, 8.9cm wet
North Shore Supreme: 2.5cm dry, 8.4cm wet

So in defense of Abena, they're still up there in terms of dry thickness, even if they don't swell as much as others. But I was mostly concerned with dry thickness anyways. Now that I know that Bambino carries Rearz, and ABU is out of stock in all their small/medium sizes, I'll probably order a sample pack of Safaris until ABU has their stock replenished, then I'll probably give SDKs and LittlePawz a go.

I'd say the Abena xplus 4's are thicker dry and about the same capacity as the tykables overnights?

I was looking for the same as you, and have found that the premium diapers are all fairly similar in thickness. So if you really want to add bulk to a disposable get some boosters.

I think the BetterDry diapers are the thickest I've tried. I think they have a capacity of about 4500ml or something crazy. I don't know if you can get them in the US, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back