Adult prints on diapers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DinosaurWalk

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Why aren't there diapers with adult themes on them? (Or are there that I do not know about.) I mean there are diapers with Disney characters (like Lion King, Cars) and Dreamworks characters (the ones from Madagascar), etc. However, I have never really seen diapers that have adult themed licensed characters on them. Why not? How fun would it be to have a diaper with the Enterprise, an X-wing, a xenomorph, a necromorph, or the Back to the Future Delorean, the Master Chief, or Johnny 5 or.......so on and so forth?

Well, they're not going to put adult designs on baby diapers because... they're for babies. As for ab-specific diapers, the makers know that their target market wants babyish designs to help them feel small.

I suppose there could be more DL's who would want more grown-up designs, but that's pretty much a niche market within a niche market. Not to mention that diaper companies aren't going to put copyrighted characters on their products.

I know AwwSoCute released a Superman and a Batman diaper. I don't know how good they were but they did exist.

Adult themed prints on diapers? Genius! You can have one with a 1040EZ on it, just in time for tax season. You could have some with logos of medical insurance providers, dental insurance providers, auto insurance providers, and home owners insurance groups! I would love an electric or gas bill themed diaper, or maybe even a internet service provider bill theme for the modern times? Ooh! You could have a car themed one, but instead of Disney cartoons it would be maintenance bills, maintenance schedules, flat tires, dead batteries, and loan paperwork. It could even have a wetness indicator that shows up instead of disappearing that would look like a pink slip!

MaurepasGnD said:
I know AwwSoCute released a Superman and a Batman diaper. I don't know how good they were but they did exist.

They didn't happen. I had to dig around since they've purged most of the information but they had to fess up to the people who pre-ordered: http://i.imgur.com/mVO2bJE.png

Trevor said:
They didn't happen. I had to dig around since they've purged most of the information but they had to fess up to the people who pre-ordered: http://i.imgur.com/mVO2bJE.png

Ah, I didn't know that. I remember them being advertised to me, but that particular diaper has never been appealing to me, so I didn't intend to buy it so I never followed up on it.

My pull ups have feminine prints, a purple bow and the tena stylish underwear they have purple dragonflies prints on them (I hate the dragonflies!)

It's a bit of a hard sell even if you had a willing consumer base.

ABDL company: "Hey Disney, can I put some x-wings and tie fighters on a an adult-sized diaper?"
Disney rep: "Why would you want that?"
ABDL company: "Uh, some adults want those patterns for play."
Disney rep: "Oh god, it's for sex isn't it? lalala, I can't hear you, this doesn't fit with our innocent aesthetic. *Hangs up phone*"

Llayden said:
You can have one with a 1040EZ on it, just in time for tax season. You could have some with logos of medical insurance providers, dental insurance providers, auto insurance providers, and home owners insurance groups! I would love an electric or gas bill themed diaper, or maybe even a internet service provider bill theme for the modern times? Ooh! You could have a car themed one, but instead of Disney cartoons it would be maintenance bills, maintenance schedules, flat tires, dead batteries, and loan paperwork. It could even have a wetness indicator that shows up instead of disappearing that would look like a pink slip!

Hey! Now that's an idea! That takes it all to a whole new level. I didn't even consider that. Actually that could be quite practical. I could be looking at my statements or my bills while also staring at my diaper. Why not get some work done while I'm doing something I enjoy? Kill two birds with one stone. :lol:

Tykables has a Pleather, even though that's a different type of adult theme. Never appealed to me, personally.

I recall someone recently letting you upload a pattern. I can't find it now. (rearz? maybe not doing it anymore?)

though you have to think about the appeal. IC are mostly looking for inexpensive (since IC wearing is expeeeensive) so they wouldn't be willing to pay more for a diaper since "a diaper is a diaper". Most of the rest of the crowd is looking for the baby/little mindset and diapers help them get there, so adult looks would be counterproductive even if they were the same price.

That means adult themed print on adult diapers would be a niche market IN the niche market. The volume is just too low to be a good product choice.

DinosaurWalk said:
How fun would it be to have a diaper with the Enterprise, an X-wing, a xenomorph, a necromorph, or the Back to the Future Delorean, the Master Chief, or Johnny 5 or.......so on and so forth?

I think this would be an awesome idea, though I would prefer them to be 'toonified'. Like, little Toon versions of xenomorphs would be adorable XD I'd also like to see things like Transformers, He-man, etc. I get though that licensing is a nightmare and they'd never want their products associated with such a controversial item.

I guess I'm in that 'niche within a niche' , but that's nothing new to me, lol! Story of my life haha!

You know, I read the beginning and thought of pin up girls.... Oops

If anything I'd say that those moe anime girl Bambino diaper prints were somewhat adult-oriented, seeing as though not too many toddlers are into anime, especially not moe style.

ArchieRoni said:
It's a bit of a hard sell even if you had a willing consumer base.

ABDL company: "Hey Disney, can I put some x-wings and tie fighters on a an adult-sized diaper?"
Disney rep: "Why would you want that?"
ABDL company: "Uh, some adults want those patterns for play."
Disney rep: "Oh god, it's for sex isn't it? lalala, I can't hear you, this doesn't fit with our innocent aesthetic. *Hangs up phone*"

Haha, the scary part is that's probably true. I wish there were Disney princess adult diapers but like that's ever going to happen :(

HuggiesGuy said:
Haha, the scary part is that's probably true. I wish there were Disney princess adult diapers but like that's ever going to happen :(

Another (possibly more likely) variation:

Disney rep: "Looking at our notes from Marketing, we do license those, licenses start at $250,000/yr plus 5% royalty on net sales, with discounts for higher volume. How many millions of units are you expecting to ship?"
ABDL company: "nevermind..." *Hangs up phone*

Low volume is one of the disadvantages of operating in a niche market.

SunshineFlower said:
You know, I read the beginning and thought of pin up girls.... Oops

I was thinking that could also be an option after I had already posted this thread originally and logged off. So...I'm right there with ya on this being a possibility as well. ;P

- - - Updated - - -

StayneLion said:
I think this would be an awesome idea, though I would prefer them to be 'toonified'. Like, little Toon versions of xenomorphs would be adorable XD I guess I'm in that 'niche within a niche' , but that's nothing new to me, lol! Story of my life haha!

That's certainly one of the variations I had in mind. A 'toonified' version of something. Although actual pictures could work too. Just something other than characters for kids that are aimed for kids. But, yes, most definitely a niche market that would be too small to be profitable. Unless there is a company that takes special requests for orders and can put whatever design is requested for an additional fee...?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back