End of a (relatively cut rate) era

Status
Not open for further replies.

theguest

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Welp. I ran out of good diapers and had to use my very last depends plastic backed. End of an era, folks. I have to admit, I'm a little sad about it. First diaper I could get ahold of. Sure, they're garbage, but when you use a doubler, they certainly get the job done. Thoughts?

Im holding onto a bunch of the plastic depends. Hoping there is a demand for them in the future.

I meant to, but I finally moved out from my roommate situation and in with my girlfriend - and she doesn't give a flip about me wearing (sometimes wears, too, but only if she's feeling kinky). So, this weekend saw me blow through my stash. Whoops.

Well your next diaper on the "tour" should be the ATN still plastic backed and when used with a doubler is pretty amazing compared to most other diapers in its price range.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

Honestly I haven't seen the "protection with tabs" in stores in a while. A couple of years ago I actually went into a local K-Mart right before it closed just to buy the last of their stock. I haven't regularly used the product in years, just due to better products being available to me, but it was nice having that as a fall-back option.

But of course that that's all they are to so much of the market is probably a big reason why they're jumping on the "cloth-like" cost cutting bandwagon.

I actually went through a package of ATNs not too long ago. Not a huge fan, but they're a decent fallback when used with a booster. I've been wearing the Northshores for a while, but they fall apart pretty easily - still a good diaper, to be sure. I'm curious about dry 24/7s, always just bought abena.

I was a steady customer of theirs until they went to clothlike covers. I had better diapers in the closet but they worked well for me for discreet work wear and I was disappointed to see them change. I tried a few cheap replacements but I think I've settled on ABU Plastic Preschool. As an added bonus, if I need to use them at work, they'll actually hold a bit.

I've got about 15-20 left.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

theguest said:
Welp. I ran out of good diapers and had to use my very last depends plastic backed. End of an era, folks. I have to admit, I'm a little sad about it. First diaper I could get ahold of. Sure, they're garbage, but when you use a doubler, they certainly get the job done. Thoughts?

Rejoice, they were meant to be worn and enjoyed and hopefully reflected on positively.

Great thing is diapers have never been better if you can start building up your stock again with ABU or MyDiaper.

i too used Depends as my daily driver.. One nice thing was that since they were so thin, you could actually tailor your diapers to your need. One diaper and a soaker for times when you needed discretion, Two diapers when you needed some capacity, two diapers and a soaker and your good all day. A lot of people hated em and were always very vocal about it, but i always got on with them well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back