Packages Seized.

Status
Not open for further replies.

LittleJess

Banned
Long story short I got a little notice in the mail today saying one of my items I bought off eBay have been seized by customs.

Long story short, it appears the seller lied to get around the restrictions, and technically I am not at fault.

Anyways, the item was seized and destroyed by customs, my address is most likely on a watch list now :laugh: this is most likely the reason my welfare was suspended for no reason at all, oddly enough this literally happens AFTER i release my encryption software, so maybe I'm getting paranoid.

I was shitting my dacks when I get the letter in the mail saying items seized and specified the items, I thought it was a god damn arrest warrant at first.

From now I'm only buying locally lol, that was a very surprising for me.

(Oh, and no fines or anything, I'm not in legal shit for it, I think the seller might be though)

Last edited:
What was it that you ordered? was it something illegal in the first place? or was it just the fact that the seller didnt declare it properly. If if it just a false declaration by the sender then your address wouldn't be on a watch list as you have no control over how the seller declares the item.

Zeek61 said:
What was it that you ordered? was it something illegal in the first place? or was it just the fact that the seller didnt declare it properly. If if it just a false declaration by the sender then your address wouldn't be on a watch list as you have no control over how the seller declares the item.

One of those cat laser pointers, the seller said on ebay that it was like 0.5mw and not 1mw, got seized because it was more than 1mw, my cats love them.

*edit*

Also the seller made out they were based in Australia, and that it was "local"

You can report it on eBay if they lied about that sort of thing. Will help make sure they don't trick people in the future.

ArchieRoni said:
You can report it on eBay if they lied about that sort of thing. Will help make sure they don't trick people in the future.

I closed my account ages ago, so it's too late to do anything, they suspend my account for trying to sell a processor, so I just closed and didn't bother with it.

I'm guessing you are in the UK? I am on other forums where UK customs are seizing legal items since Brexit at certain ports of entry unjustly.

Nam Repaid said:
I'm guessing you are in the UK? I am on other forums where UK customs are seizing legal items since Brexit at certain ports of entry unjustly.

Australia, but we take some of our laws from the brits. It's one of those stupid things where you can buy them locally, but you can't import them laws, since I bought it from someone who made out it was local, I thought hey, I'll get this it's only a couple dollars, looks fun, cats love to chase them.

Last edited:
Not sure where you ordered the stuff from, but I'm constantly ordering electronics from China, both for work and for hobbies, and I'm never surprised at any of the nonsense I see on the customs declarations. It's a universal truth that East Asian sellers will put anything on the customs forms if it will reduce their fees and make them appear to be the cheapest option. Even when conducting commercial business with Chinese factories, I've had large shipments of parts show up declared as "gift". Oh dear. And then, as somebody who's done a fair bit of eBaying, I can't count how many international buyers have contacted me and asked me to lie on customs declarations, whether by falsifying the terms of the sale, the value of the package contents, or something else. It's a wild world out there!

Cottontail said:
Not sure where you ordered the stuff from, but I'm constantly ordering electronics from China, both for work and for hobbies, and I'm never surprised at any of the nonsense I see on the customs declarations. It's a universal truth that East Asian sellers will put anything on the customs forms if it will reduce their fees and make them appear to be the cheapest option. Even when conducting commercial business with Chinese factories, I've had large shipments of parts show up declared as "gift". Oh dear. And then, as somebody who's done a fair bit of eBaying, I can't count how many international buyers have contacted me and asked me to lie on customs declarations, whether by falsifying the terms of the sale, the value of the package contents, or something else. It's a wild world out there!

Yes this, I bought knifes at one point, listed as "gardening equipment" and gift) and I thought it was local again, so yeah it's sketchy I assumed the same thing happened in this case. 99% of the cheap crap comes from china with false declarations on it.

I generally keep a few knifes laying around in my room for when i need them, you never know when they come in handy. I usually just keep an eye on those things, and usually it comes in shitty packaging, which is a very depressing color.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back