What did you do to to indulge before you could get diapers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RJDodger

Resident Malamute
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Diaperfur
So most of us have at least some way of getting diapers. Of course, it wasn't always that way. We didn't have money, privacy, easy access, or some other factors that kept us from getting diapers. We actually used to have articles for TBDLs on making improvised diapers (no idea if they're still up). So what all have people here done in the past- shameful or not- to wear or emulate diapers?

Personally, I relied on improvised diapers a lot. My older brother had to wear cloth diapers as a baby, and we kept them to use as rags. Sometimes I'd take a couple and duct tape them together (they were too short to just wear). They weren't absorbent at all, so even with plastic pants of some sort, I couldn't really use them. Sometimes I'd wear several pairs of underwear to emulate the feeling as well. The best I ever got was using paper towels and a small, folded garbage can liner. It actually looked and felt pretty close to a disposable diaper.

That said, it usually wasn't enough to me, and I'll admit to stealing diapers more than a few times. I never stole from people, rather places where diapers would be freely provided for babies and people with special needs. In high school band, lessons would be held at a daycare in the elementary side of the school. The bathroom had a changing table with diapers and pullups in it, so sometimes I'd ask to use the bathroom before returning to class and use one or take it home. The nurse's office had a pack of the original Goodnites for a handicapped girl who had graduated, so I took from there a couple times as well. For Scouts and Confirmation, I'd often go to churches with a daycare, and on rare occasions (once or twice), I'd find a pullup that fit. Once I even went to a special ed camp in its off-season for a retreat, and found a whole box of teen/adult diapers, and lifted a few. Probably my most shameful one, though, was when I found a pack of Tena Youths at a thrift store with my mom. The pack was already open, so I snuck one out and took it home.

I'd use Tena or Poise pads before I built up the courage to buy the real thing

Lots of pairs of tighty whities with a plastic trash bag over top. I'd poke leg holes in the corners of the bag and stick my legs through, making a super tight seal. It made my legs red where the plastic sealed against them, but prevented leaks. I also duct taped baby diapers on when I could steal a few from a daycare. I got a free sample of the original green Depends when I was 12, and that was the last time I actually got real diapers that fit me until I was 27 and ordered Abena M4s online for the first time.

I guess I never boosted any nappies but my favorite way of improvising was to take old bath towels and wrap them around my person. I never actual used them in that manner but it did bring me comfort which is all I was after.

As a kid, I wet a lot of pairs of underwear. Later, I too discovered baby cloth diapers and I was small enough to fit into Gerber toddler sized plastic pants. I'd put a couple of the pre-fold cloth diapers into a pair of underwear and put on the Gerber plastic pants over that. I also used a baby flat diaper and put a couple of the baby pre-folds into the flat diaper and would use baby pins to pin the flat diaper on, followed by the plastic pants. It really was quite realistic to being a baby diapers.

When I first started to experiment with wetting around the age of 11-12, I'd take a lot of toilet paper and put it in my underwear and pee in it a little. I also recall taking several thick sanitary napkins, ripping off the backs, and layering those in my underwear for a small wetting.

In more recent years, I'd do stuff like wrap a blanket around my waist, and once cut up a shirt, a towel, and a pillowcase and put all the pieces in my underwear and wore that before wetting it in the bathtub at the end of the day.

Once or twice I put on several pairs of underpants, although I never wet them.

However, I didn't do this with the reason to mimic a diaper (in fact the word diaper never entered my mind when I did this). It was just to see what having multiple underpants on felt like.

I used to live in Michigan where they have $0.10 bottle returns. I'd spend hours and hours riding my bike around town and collecting discarded bottles and cans. I'd cash them in for about $20, and buy a bag of small depends.

Too bad my mom would snoop in my room, find my stash, and toss the whole bag out. Usually I'd only get to use 1 or 2 diapers then have the rest thrown out by my mom. That used to make me so mad....

I was lucky enough to have a separate bathroom from the rest of the house. Occasionally I would wet my pants in the shower before taking a shower and washing them there so they wouldn't smell later going to the washer. When I was really young I would pressure my even younger friends into sneaking a pull up/goodnight from their nighttime supply. Most regrettably and embarrassing is Later in my teens I was too nervous to completely steal a diaper from someone's bag, but once about 16 I found some pull ups at my mom's friend's house that were for the ladies' grandson and I took one out unfolded it and wore it for a little while and forced out a couple squirts before taking it off and then trying my best to fold it back(an impossible task) and then put it back where I found it. Also that same summer I did the same exact thing with one of my grandpa's belted undergarments. Today I realize and regret how stupid I was then. If I'd just taken them completely and kept them I could've gained soo much more satisfaction and it would have been less risky.

Sent from my HTC Desire Eye using Tapatalk

I found some large incontinence pads under our bathroom sink. They were too big to be regular maxi pads so I assumed that's what they were. They had the plastic outer layer and felt like a diaper, but they obviously were not. I guess one of my parents had some slight leakage. Anyways, I would put these on when nobody was around. I did it maybe three or four times, it would never wet because you could tell they weren't super absorbent. Then one day, they were gone.

It wasn't until I was 13 when I was over my grandmas house for the summer that I found a pack of depends in her closet when I was helping her clean it out. When she wasn't looking, I took a couple and put them in my suitcase. When I got home and nobody was home, I diapered up and it was euphoric. They were a tad bit big on me, but it was amazing.

KimbaStarshine said:
When I first started to experiment with wetting around the age of 11-12, I'd take a lot of toilet paper and put it in my underwear and pee in it a little.

OMG I did the exact same thing! One of my earliest memories of being interested in this kind of stuff was watching Care Bears while a babysitter was over to watch my brother and I. They had just introduced baby Care Bears that wore diapers. I locked myself in the bathroom and stuffed my underwear with toilet paper... I don't think I had the nerve to try wetting them!

I've had access to 'real' diapers since I rediscovered my interests in school, so I haven't improvised much since, but a couple of times on international flights I've used the maxi-pads they have in lavatories. I always checked to make sure they had plenty left in the supply though, in case someone really needed them!

I used to do all kinds of improvising back in the day, pretty much everything everyone had mentioned in the thread so far and then some. I think my favorite though was cutting leg holes in a plastic shopping bag and wearing a hand towel under it. It was hardly leak proof, but it was enough I could use it and then rinse the towel out in the shower. The great part about the plastic bags though was that they fit me near perfect. I could tie the handles in a knot around the front kind of like a belt to hold it all up.

By the time I was out of diapers, I was able to pilfer from my younger brother...which I was doing from about 4yo (incidentally about the same time I was first caught :blushie: - remember it well) but then soon after he was out of them as well. All other early contact then was just jealous observations of cousins/friends etc.

Fortunately for me, one of my gifts is creating stuff, so with what ever I could get my hands on, I'd produce pretty convincing makeshifts. Because I'm also a perfectionist, authenticity was always a high priority.

I developed many tricks and clever techniques, each time aiming to get it better. When I started buying toddler sized diapers, I worked out a cool way to join two together and I was set...until I discovered adult diapers. And actually there's nothing quite like the look and feel of an appropriately sized ab diaper imo.

As a kid I often wet my pants and wet my bed most nights. I went back to nappies at night when I was 15 and by that time no longer wet my self during the day.

Towel and black bin liner used to be my go-to method when I didn't have nappies available!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back