Diaper pet peeves?

Status
Not open for further replies.

goodnitesco96

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Honestly the thing that pisses me off about diapers (really only Goodnites) is that the sides after awhile start to rip apart. I wish Huggies would come out with slightly larger Goodnites, there is a huge need and want for larger than 85-125 lbs Goodnites, and I'd buy a crap ton of them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What makes me annoyed is when they get so full that the adhesive part of the tabs either snap off or they rip off off the stretchy elastic sides. There are times that even though the diaper may be full and it is literally beyond the designed tolerances of it staying together I am not ready for it to start falling it apart. I want to keep wearing it.

goodnitesco96 said:
Honestly the thing that pisses me off about diapers (really only Goodnites) is that the sides after awhile start to rip apart. I wish Huggies would come out with slightly larger Goodnites, there is a huge need and want for larger than 85-125 lbs Goodnites, and I'd buy a crap ton of them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They used to have larger goodnites from 1999 through 2002. However they can be found on eBay for like $150 to $250. They don't have it on eBay very often.

I used the Goodnites of the 90's, until they started F-ing with them (shortening, etc). I used a blow dryer to relax the sides, so they wouldn't rip, and at 200+ lbs, amazingly, they worked quite well. I'd NEVER pay $150-$200 for a trip down memory lane. There are too many good alternatives out there, if a person can just not be so persnickety. HDIS has a sample pack for $10 that gives you a chance to try a fair amount, even if you only like one or two styles from the bunch. The rest can be perforated into soakers, and then you can order what you like, BUT, INVARIABLY, someone else will not like what you chose. WTF cares? Buy them! Wear them proudly! You know you need them! Double them up to improve mileage, ripping the wet one off when saturated. Be creative! Find combos of stuff that works, and don't listen to those that rigidly complain about this brand vs that brand. MAKE IT WORK!

Also, if you're bound & determined to keep wearing the current Goodnites, and they're less than satisfactory, use undies, or fixation pants, to provide extra support.

I got this on my Abena M4s quite a bit. The interior padding would come apart and clump up, which made them pretty uncomfortable.

Not so much a functional issue, but I'm really bad at putting on diapers and the waist will usually be too wide, no matter how much I tighten it down. The diaper then sags and the top falls forward. I hate when that happens. I think I need to opt for Abena S4s if I go with them again (beyond clumping, I did enjoy them).

Lately on the Abena M4s(plastic backed), the tapes are usually not very well attached to the wings to the tapes have been ripping off sometimes.

I'm really disappointed with Abena, their quality control as of late has been severely lacking.
Poorly laid elastics, bad tapes, pinholes, bad plastic cuts, fluff out of place.
Went from being an amazing diaper to being more of a letdown with every case I end up getting, but sometimes I get a very rare "good case".
The older Abenas were thicker, tapes weren't all wacky and just felt better all around to me.

I've noticed that the last several boxes of Goodnites that I've purchased seem to have weaker sides than previously. I think they've found yet another was to save a fraction of a penny on each one.

My pet peeve goes for most any diaper manufacturer to date. It's when they cheapen a diaper but market it as new and improved. Worst yet is when they also charge more for the cheaper diapers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back