Store Brand Diaper Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soscio

Banned
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Hey! I recently new to this DL stuff :p And I was curious, I cannot buy anything online atm. So I am looking for something that isn't noticeable during the day that is also comfy, I am also looking for something at night (I figured id use the same brand for day/night) I was told by a friend to get Goodnites cause that's what he wears, but I am worried their largest size won't fit me, I'd like them to like fit perfectly is pretty much what I am saying, before I waste my money if they don't fit (I am about 139 lbs and have a 34 inch waist if that helps) Would that fit me? If not what is the best store brand Diaper you can recommend keeping my criteria in mind?

Goodnites will fit you

Soscio said:
Hey! I recently new to this DL stuff :p And I was curious, I cannot buy anything online atm. So I am looking for something that isn't noticeable during the day that is also comfy, I am also looking for something at night (I figured id use the same brand for day/night) I was told by a friend to get Goodnites cause that's what he wears, but I am worried their largest size won't fit me, I'd like them to like fit perfectly is pretty much what I am saying, before I waste my money if they don't fit (I am about 139 lbs and have a 34 inch waist if that helps) Would that fit me? If not what is the best store brand Diaper you can recommend keeping my criteria in mind?

Yes, as stated above, goodnites should fit. No store brand diaper is "good" really, but any depends, tena, store brand should be fine for starters.

Walmart Assurance briefs. From what I can tell and have been to they are a lot like Tena Stretch. I'm going to give them a try myself. They're not too much money either.

depends what you consider comfortable, the only possible poly you may find in med supply stores now is attends, wings or first quality ib briefs or if you are super lucky tranquility atns, the others are either depends or some flavor of prevail generic and either you will like or hate it.

Heah another one. Seriously, nobody notices. I wear confidry24/7 in a quite office. In 14 years, none of my coworkers have noticed. and I've had a few of them look right at my diaper in hand as I take it to the bathroom to change.

If you really want "not noticeable", then get a diaper that won't leak. A thin diaper that has leaked is way more noticeable than a thick one that's done it's job.

With this in mind, skip the major chain stores. All they carry is the think crap that quite literally can't hold their own weight in water. Find a local medical supply store. they carry brands that are at least half decent, and you might be lucky to find something like Molicare Supers, or Abena x-plus. Still not very thick, but at least they are half decent and can hold a couple of wettings.

Walmart assurance briefs with elastic waist are not too bad and they seem to hide nicely underneath clothes. I am wearing one now but as far as actual usage is concerned I do not yet know. Also, I bought size large and I wish I would have bought mediums because when they say stretch they mean stretch. U get about 15 for $10.

Another tip: check out any thrift or secondhand stores. There's a chance you might stumble upon something that's even just a little better than store brand. I've managed to find some decent diapers at a thrift store a few times. Still kicking myself for the time I passed up a complete bag of ABU Cushies years ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back