Status
Not open for further replies.

FURRYWOLFZ

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Babyfur
  3. Diaperfur
So I'm not sure if this has been asked before but I was wondering if you guys have a preference about if a diaper has an elastic waistband or not.

For me I would say that it is nice to have at least some elastic in the rear waist band but I have found that I do like some of the diapers out there that don't have the elastic waistband like the preschools and the other abu diapers that don't have the elastic waistbands.

so whats your preference or does it just depend on the diaper.

I don't mind having an elastic waistband. If anything, it does make it feel like a diaper fits a little better than without one.

I am of mixed feelings on this issue. I used to prefer elastic wasted diapers like the Abena X-Plus and early M-4 lines but the current M-4s hold up just fine without elastic and diapers like Seni Quatros with too light elastic tend to fall down on the job. My current fave ID Slip Maxi has no elastic in the waist but the tapes do tend to pop loose when their swollen to near capacity.

I like the elastic waistband I find that I get a better fit when I have one.

No preference here.

Yeah or nay doesn't mater.

I prefer it as well as standing leak gaurds.

They can be nice to have but if they were an itemized addition to the price of a diaper, I probably wouldn't add them all that often.

I prefer it has the elastic, but also have been OK without. I think it really helps on less absorbent diapers.

A good premium diaper has to have something to help keep it in place. This is a necessity for anyone who is active. And you get what you pay for, so yeah I'd expect the waist elastic would drive up the cost of any diaper at least a little.

I definitely prefer an elastic waistband at the rear. The Abena M4s felt much snugger with that little bit of elastic that they no longer have... :-(

It's not a major consideration compared to the fit, feel and absorbancy, though.

I'd say I require at least a rear elastic. I prefer front but in some cases it's not required. The ABU preschool don't have front elastic, and it's working out okay so far. But right now I sit in a MyDiaper and they have excellent front and rear elastic, for a snugger fit as I sit here in just my diaper/tshirt/socks. It's not quite so important during the day under clothes or overnight even.

I'm ok with it. I guess I'd rather have it, but it's not a huge deal to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back