Some people are hypocrites

Status
Not open for further replies.

LittleJess

Banned
I'm not speaking on behalf of everyone, but a lot of people I used to know were very "anti-immigration", or anti-boat people, the amount of times I heard someone yell out to a muslim or an Australian born "insert race here" go back to your own country is frightening.

The ironic aspect of this is, Technically, the reason why most white Australians are around, is because you guessed it, boat people.

I know this, and I don't care (seriously I don't mind if people come to the country), I personally think most people ignore the fact that most white Australians, ancestors were illegals and invaded the country, killing tons of people.

I remember in class, one of my teachers who fled there country many years ago and got asylum in australia, and half the class not understanding what asylum seekers are.

Personally, I wish we lived in a world where there was no such thing as borders. It would be nice if we could all just work together as the human race and develop all places and just make it so anyone can live where ever the hell they want.

I know it's just wishful thinking and that would bring about its own issues that would need to be worked out.

I know it's politically incorrect but I actually like cultural diversity in countries and regions and have no interest in accepting with open arms cultures that don't hold with my beliefs.

The flip side is I hate how our western governments participate in attacking/denigrating/abusing other cultures then have legislated corporations are basically immune to prosecution.

I must admit, there are times that I have wished for every single immigrant to be returned to their countries of origin. I mean, I don't have anything against legal immigration or the granting of asylum to those that are seeking it. But still, there are times I want everyone to go back to where they came from. Sometimes, when things for myself or my family are rough, I daydream about what it would be like.

My dad was Lenni Lenape Indian, and of course, the native Americans in the U. S., for the most part, didn't have borders. There also was a philosophy of non ownership. Things belonged to the tribe. We could learn a lot from them.

dogboy said:
We could learn a lot from them.

You could 100 years ago. The cultures that remain are the barest of skeletons. It's precisely these kinds of sentiments (and others that just plain mean) that make me think about what it would be like if all immigrants would go away or not have come. I'm First Nations, I'm Tsimsian.

Llayden said:
You could 100 years ago. The cultures that remain are the barest of skeletons. It's precisely these kinds of sentiments (and others that just plain mean) that make me think about what it would be like if all immigrants would go away or not have come. I'm First Nations, I'm Tsimsian.

Yeah, you're right. A lot has changed for the Indian nations in the last 100 years.

dogboy said:
Yeah, you're right. A lot has changed for the Indian nations in the last 100 years.

And it's all happened so quickly and, in some cases, violently. Without a written history combined with the almost obsessive drive to wipe out the peoples and cultures it is exceptionally hard to say that any actual culture still exists. In the Pacific North West, that kind of conquest is exceptionally recent. My grandmother died at 92, the mother of 14 kids, and had stories of when she was a child living the in village. A happy existence that came to a sudden and strange end when a strange looking fellow showed up and the tribe was suddenly relocated to a small Alaskan island off the coast of Canada.

I think in New Jersey, the Lenni Lenape got assimilated by the overall population. I've included it in the book I've written. My dad was one of 8 children, all living in extreme poverty. His mom was full blooded L. L. and his dad was English. The dad was a hopeless alcoholic, so what little money there was got drunk up. I remember my grandmother, sitting, saying little to nothing and being covered with an Indian blanket. My dad was a kind and loving person, and I miss both him and my mom.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back