ABUniverse is apparently working on a pull up style diaper.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Venesha

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Diaperfur
  5. Sissy
  6. Little
I sent an email out to them to inquire about future plans for their cloth-like line. I was trying to see if they had plans for a cloth or a thinner version of the little paws for daytime/playtime use.

Here is the reply I received:
Thanks a ton for your feedback! We love hearing ideas here at the office and will toss it around to see what our supervisors think. We are working on expanding our Cloth options as well as our Plastic Options and are still working on Pull ups as well as Size Smalls. We have lots on our plate this year but love to hear ideas. If you have any more cool ideas or suggestions feel free to let us know! We thrive off of ideas presented by fellow ABDL's. I hope you have a wonderful rest of your day

Not sure if this is news or not but I found it interesting at least. I know many members of the community have asked for pull up style diapers in the past and it will be interesting to see what comes of it.

They've been fairly open about their intentions to develop an ABDL pull-up. Every ABDL company is aware the market for this exists but because it will require some significant new development, it will not be easy or inexpensive. I don't think I will interested in them no matter how good they were. I just want them for my friends who would enjoy them.

Tithonian said:
I got a similar reply when I contacted them with a suggestion for a low rise option. Their openness and enthusiasm for new ideas is wonderful.

Holy smokes, that sounds like a good idea indeed.

Trevor said:
They've been fairly open about their intentions to develop an ABDL pull-up. Every ABDL company is aware the market for this exists but because it will require some significant new development, it will not be easy or inexpensive. I don't think I will interested in them no matter how good they were. I just want them for my friends who would enjoy them.

These also sound good too for certain situations. But yeah I betcha there would be quite the R&D needed for it. Which means they gotta spend loooots of money figuring it out. I would try em just to see what they are like. But I'm still so new, I'll try pretty much everything XD

Really they need to identify what's wrong with current pull-up offerings, then find ways to get around those issues and excel at whatever niche pull-ups are supposed to fill.

While I am not personally a pull up fan ABU never cease to amaze me with their progression to supporting so many sectors of our community.

I don't think a true pull-up will ever really work out for me. I tape my diapers before pulling them up usually, to get a consistent and clean fit. And in my experience, the tapes need to be within 1/2" of their proper place for me to get a good, comfortable fit. To accomodate this, a manufacturer needs to either have a huge range of sizes available, or really stretchy sides. My experience with really stretchy sides has been severe skin sweating and tons of pimples on my hips. So, "no thank you".

Besides, the whole idea of a pull-up mentally disagrees with the concept of a diaper anyway.

bambinod said:
I don't think a true pull-up will ever really work out for me. I tape my diapers before pulling them up usually, to get a consistent and clean fit. And in my experience, the tapes need to be within 1/2" of their proper place for me to get a good, comfortable fit. To accomodate this, a manufacturer needs to either have a huge range of sizes available, or really stretchy sides. My experience with really stretchy sides has been severe skin sweating and tons of pimples on my hips. So, "no thank you".

Besides, the whole idea of a pull-up mentally disagrees with the concept of a diaper anyway.

I think a lot of that probably boils down to preference and how you got back into diapers. For me I grew up in my house with just me and my sister so no babies. My grandmother babysat a bunch of kids and when we'd visit her over the summer there would always be diapers around but that was my only outlet at the time. This was before the internet and the only diapers I even thought of were baby diapers I didnt even know adult diapers were a thing. Then Huggies came out with pullups and eventually goodnites for older kids. I got a pack of those back in the day and they worked suprisingly well so I'm partial to both. Nothing beats the classics though and when I found out adult diapers were a thing you bet I tried to get some. My first were depends and they were great at the time. Then the internet came about and I ordered a case of promise ultra briefs and enjoyed them while they lasted. Then started to stumble across actual adult baby themed stuff. I'm so happy things like this and companies exist to cater to and invest in it. I honestly can't imagine how things would be if they wouldn't have taken that risk and invested in something that was such a risk.

Unless wearing a skirt or dress the PULL-UP concept is not something I care about.
Wearing bifurcated* clothing means having to disrobe to Pull (on) Up the diaper.
Whereas with the ole conventional diaper with tape; pins (or even Velcro) means
the convenience of a partial disrobe leaving boots shoes footwear on also.
Think of the onesie - one can change the top without a disrobe.
So make my diaper a pieces and parts arrangement.

* birfurcated
Twin stovepipes - one for each leg be it shorts skorts pants leggings panty hose capris trousers panties and not to forget the diaper cover etc.
For pull-up diapers the diaper can not be removed for access (changing) * without removing all leg wear or at a minimum one leg.
* Yes the pull-up diaper could be cut into pieces and removed -BUT- still yet how do you replace the
diaper without removing clothing unless of course you wear them over the outside of your outer clothing ? Duh who does that ?
Concept works only with the crotch seam opened or removed - therefore the skirt or dress wins with the absence of the crotch seaming.

Pull-Ups or Pull-on something is missing in the convenience of the changing-replacing act.

What you don't wear skirts or dresses then find a better way to change diapers
without a bifurcated wardrobe change solve the puzzle !
If this ole fuddy duddy senior is missing something let me in on the secret
or is it just the pull-ups pull-ons are for the immediate moment short term
protection and the pinned/taped diaper is for long term same day application !

Honestly, I'd be really interested. I've always hoped at some point a company would make ABDL Pull Ups. Pull Ups, for me, were the first real big draw back to diapers. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy diapers as much as the next person, but Pull Ups are right in my sweet spot.

Now that's something that I will be adding on to my list! ABU, YOU JUST MADE THE LIST!!! I really hope that the Pull Ups will be very successful.
I really hope that it contains 100% SAP just like the ABU Diapers. I can't wait!!!

I'm looking forward to seeing what these end up looking like. Here's hoping that they'll come with cool alert versions and easy open sides as well! Lol

There Making Pullup Diapers now! Sweeeeeet!!!!

What confuses me is the time it is taking for them to roll out a size small in products they already offer.

I'm just hoping they come out soon and that they are about an inch and a half to two inches wider in the waist than the last incarnations of their small sized Cushies.

This sounds pretty cool. I'd probably buy a few pullups because I like role-playing potty training sometimes and having a pair of "training pants" that's different from a regular diaper but can still handle an accident would be enjoyable to have. There are definitely some problems for making them though. Ideally, they'd be quite absorbent to handle flooding adults, as ABDLs are wont to do, and also be comfortable, cute, and easy to change (like with the rip sides that the kids' pullups have now).

Khaymen said:
What confuses me is the time it is taking for them to roll out a size small in products they already offer.

I'm just hoping they come out soon and that they are about an inch and a half to two inches wider in the waist than the last incarnations of their small sized Cushies.

I think smalls are hard because they lose absorbency at that size, and they have to do some work to rebuild things at a different scale so it's not an inferior product.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back