Thread: If you were to run for President

Default If you were to run for President

If you were to run for President which party (pretending all parties have a legitimate shot) would you run for, and what would your platform be.

I would run on the Libertarian ticket and would make many many changes.

National Security: I would take a hardline on so called intelligence agencies (and get assassinated for it) I would disband the TSA and the NSA both threaten National Security more than the help it. Close Gitmo.

Education: The Federal department of Education would establish a benchmark for education, it is up to the States to decided how they want to get there.

Taxation: Simplify the tax code.

Foreign Policy: Remove all US Troops from the Middle East, Close down several bases around the world. Keep out of other Nations affairs.

Domestic Policy: End the war on drugs... all drugs. Demilitarize the police force. Criminalize Civil Asset Forfeiture, Eliminate the Death Penalty, Pardon ALL non violent drug offenders

What would you do if you were president?

I would form the Party of No.

National Security: I would take a hardline on so called intelligence agencies (and get assassinated for it) I would disband the TSA and the NSA both threaten National Security more than the help it. Close Gitmo.
    No. Well maybe. There ARE a lot of things they do that seem more in their own interest than ours, but then we don't know a lot of what they do. Some of that COULD be in the national interest. Until I'm in office and get a better look at what's really going on....

Education: The Federal department of Education would establish a benchmark for education, it is up to the States to decided how they want to get there.
    No. I would defund and disband the Department of Education. They're the tail wagging the dog. The mother-in-law criticizing everything and trying to run the show with random irrelevant requirements and 'suggestions' that she doesn't have to implement or pay for. We pay the bills locally, we can decide what we want.

Taxation: Simplify the tax code.
    What? Put millions of accountants and IRS bureaucrats out of work? Cruel and unusual! <sarcasm>

On the Pary of NO platform as well. Taxes are complicated because, over the years, we've tried to do too many things with the tax code. Everything from social engineering to special favors for certain industries.

Foreign Policy: Remove all US Troops from the Middle East, Close down several bases around the world. Keep out of other Nations affairs.
    Yes (but make sure they're aware they could be turned into a radioactive parking lot if they export their squabbles to our shores).... not sure.... a big re-evaluate on how we interfere, since it isn't possible to isolate ourselves.

Domestic Policy: End the war on drugs... all drugs. Demilitarize the police force. Criminalize Civil Asset Forfeiture, Eliminate the Death Penalty, Pardon ALL non violent drug offenders
    We see too many examples day in and day out of "your brain on drugs". Agree that asset forfeiture needs to be looked at. Expand the death penalty "early and often". It's not a deterrent unless offense and punishment happen in the same century. Far less expensive than prisons if you eliminate all the legal maneuvering and liberal handwringing. Caught in the act? Hundreds of witnesses? Done, gone. Hanging or guillotine. In public is better. At or near the scene of the crime, better still.

Pardon 'non-violent' drug offenders? Color me skeptical. Teenage kid with a bag of weed? Yeah, non-violent until he's driving around stoned and runs me over while I'm riding my bike. "Wow, man, stop sign? Was there a stop sign?" Agree that prison maybe isn't the place for every mild-mannered stoner, but telling them "Hey, it's all good, go ahead" isn't a terrific idea either. "Bring your business and jobs to Colorado. Our workforce is the coolest unless you expect them to be on time or have a clue."

You wouldn't want me as President. I'd be too much like your Dad.