Ashamed Of Our Little Side?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LeoNero

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Babyfur
At one point have you ever felt guilty or ashamed about being into Diapers?

Not everyone in this section has a "little side" some are just pure DL and wear because they like the feel or are incontinent and wear because it's the only option

As for feeling guilty about being into it, I'd be lying if I said I didn't, it can be extremely embarrassing internally. As I realized there were times it was less about want and more about need it made accepting the desire easier. I mean when you're running to the bathroom some days every 10 minutes or having bowel episodes you find its easier to accept wearing them.

Absolutely. I spent 4 years of my teenage life embarrassed and ashamed of my ABDL side. I imagine that most of the people here felt guilty about ABDL at some point in their lives.

Boyhood said:
I think this is something every single one of us has had to deal with. This ADISC article should be of help:

Accepting Yourself – And Your Liking of Diapers
https://www.adisc.org/forum/articles/83332-accepting-yourself-your-liking-diapers.html

Remember, you are who you are, good luck!
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ this, this, and again this. In a perspective of a depressed little, it's the both worlds sometimes. I feel so much better in little space, but outside of it, I catch myself thinking, that I am not normal, I am crazy and it's unacceptable. But that's bullpoo~ why should I be ashamed of something, that helps me? It's really a struggle sometimes [emoji19]

I used to feel ashamed and worried about being a little ,but now I just accept it as being part off who I am .

I'm still on the road to acceptance of my DL side - growing up with this thing in the back of my mind made me feeling pretty c**p to be honest, but it eventually got easier throughout my late teens through finding this place. I do oftentimes get to the stage where I wouldn't be sad if I woke up being uninterested in the whole thing, but as that's not an option, I'll just have to work on the acceptance thing - it gets a little easier in a community :)

Once I actually needed to wear nappies due to becoming incontinent any shame soon went.

After telling my mom the truth and her not understanding what exactly I was trying to tell her, (she still loves me, but for some reason she thought it was medically related). I did have about a week of feeling that way afterwards. It got pretty bad, I was starting to dip into a depressive state, dreaming about "the easy way out." Eventually, thanks to our friends in the adisc discord chat, I once again grew to love my little side, and not care what others think. But yeah, being bipolar and depression run in my family bloodline (i'm adopted), so my mom is always keeping an eye on me. Part of why she didn't understand it when I told her diapers made me feel safe and secure.

I still feel this way. I've been into diapers as long as I can remember dating back to when I was 4 or 5 and had been out of them for a few years. Idk why I like it and I'd be totally ok if one morning I woke up not liking it. I do have a hard time accepting it, but I guess I sort of have. It's hard to be you around people that aren't into it (my wife,kids,etc) and it's really hard when it's not socially acceptable and has to be hidden. It stinks, but you have to find some way to deal with it being part of you. I still struggle with it.

LeoNero said:

I used to feel some shame and self disgust but not very often. When I became incontinent in later life this went away in no time. Now I am very lucky I need to wear nappies all the time and can thoroughly enjoy them.

Of course. It's all part of the tapestry of participating in a taboo. Enjoy it. In fact, some people thrive on the shame. Not me, of course. I'm too embarrassed.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

LeoNero said:

I don't think I've ever really felt I was doing anything wrong, certainly I haven't felt that in a long time, since I was very young... but I do spend a lot of time worrying about what would happen if I was ever "outed" in a public way.:frown:

Honestly I was more ashamed of myself for not accepting my DL side. I don't flaunt my interest but I don't go out of my way to hide it either.

Sometimes I feel ashamed, since I'm supposed to be transitioning into adulthood at this phase in my life. But other times I'm extremely proud of my little side.

Yep ... actually along with being ashamed and everything else going wrong in my life, there was a point in my life when I spent large quantities of time planning and thinking about suicide. >.<
Sometimes I am shocked by the fact that I somehow managed to not do so.

When I was a teenager and in college, I thought I must be insane to want to wear, use diapers and feel like a baby. The feelings of guilt only got worse when my mom discovered my "stuff" and sent me to a psychiatrist where I had to discuss it. Over the many years, it gets better. I think understanding myself and accepting myself has mostly liberated myself from feeling guilty. Yes, it's weird but it's also a part of who I am. Life still goes on.

For some time I felt guilty because I liked to wear something that others had to wear because of their incontinence. Now I don't feel guilty anymore because It's something I can't help. There is a to me unknown psychological reason for why I like diapers.

I still feel ashamed of it. I've never told my parents I'm a DL nor any of my friends. I've only told my ex gf about it and of course you guys. I think I'm ashamed because being a dl is probably so hard to understand for someone who isn't. I'm affraid they wouldn't like me anymore because they can't understand it. Also the idear of rumours about me being an dl doesn't sound very appealing.

Maybe I'm not an adult yet because I think I should tell my parents about it but, I'm affraid they would think I'm a weirdo and stop caring for me. That idear freightens me because I'm still dependent on their support emotionally when going through hard times and also partly financially.

I felt that way back in college when I first started to get into it. I used to think something was wrong with me and I tried to search every where for answers. Eventually I accepted my self and all that went away.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back