Thread: War and Peace

Default War and Peace

These are a few questions that I want to hear other's opinion on.

How fast do you think a nation should be to go to war?

Do you think that all diplomatic, economic peaceful avenues should be exhausted before war if declared?

What do think are justifiable causes to go to war?

Should war just try to be avoided at all costs?

Do think a total domination of an enemy, civilian infrastructure included, is necessary? Or should they only have a small portion precisely attacked to cripple their military power?

If the opposing country obviously wants a fight, and clearly flaunts their boomsticks in our general direction.

Yeah, then we can go to war.

But if it's over something like jurisdiction, resources, whathaveyou, then we should try and find a diplomatic solution.

Quote Originally Posted by Akira View Post
    If the opposing country obviously wants a fight, and clearly flaunts their boomsticks in our general direction.

Yeah, then we can go to war.

But if it's over something like jurisdiction, resources, whathaveyou, then we should try and find a diplomatic solution.
    Now, I disagree. I think that unless directly attacked, we should try to avoid war.

If a nearby nation is just suffering from serious testosterone poisoning, then just let them thump their chests. I don't think it's that big of a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Brome Teks View Post
    These are a few questions that I want to hear other's opinion on.

How fast do you think a nation should be to go to war? Very fast if there was a attack that was just a act of war, sort of like china or Russia or North Korea wiping out some western US states.

Do you think that all diplomatic, economic peaceful avenues should be exhausted before war if declared? everything but bowing down to their every demand for nothing in return.

What do think are justifiable causes to go to war? Act's of war. Genocide, being very detrimental to another countries.

Should war just try to be avoided at all costs? Of course however sometimes war is needed as sad as that is.

Do think a total domination of an enemy, civilian infrastructure included, is necessary? Or should they only have a small portion precisely attacked to cripple their military power? You don't kill civilians to stop a military, you either cut of their supply of ammo,food,fuel etc so badly they either give up or get annihilated.
    All of my thoughts are in bold and do not represent the views of Colonel Brome Teks.

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Brome Teks View Post
    How fast do you think a nation should be to go to war?
    ---As soon as we are subjected to an act of war, or are about to be.

Do you think that all diplomatic, economic peaceful avenues should be exhausted before war if declared?
    ---Yes. Why waste resources on the more difficult and destructive avenue?

What do think are justifiable causes to go to war?
    ---Acts of war. Genocide, invasion, threatening with WMDs.

Should war just try to be avoided at all costs?
    ---No. If we openly try to avoid war, we will seem weak and possibly more subjected to negative behavior from other countries. We should only go to war if practical or necessary though.

Do think a total domination of an enemy, civilian infrastructure included, is necessary? Or should they only have a small portion precisely attacked to cripple their military power?
    ---Casualties should be avoided as much as possible. A small portion should be precisely attacked. Why kill more people then needed?
    Those are my opinions.

A nation needs to be prepared to fight and win at a moments notice. That is how we supposetly keep the peace. We have had to turn the other cheek... Read Scorpion Down and or All Hands Down. You will never beleave the government again but understand the reason cover-ups are needed. War should be a last resort not give in to public outcry over a terrist act. We haven't and can't win another war since WWII because we will not use our nukes unless nuked and then everyone looses. After II we helped the losing side back on their feet and their friends now. Due to public demand I see us pulling out of the war the public demanded after 911 and another Hussen rising to take over.

consider the possibility that you/we/they have forgotten or were never fully aware of our reason to exist in the first place: cannon fodder.
    modern warfare consists of men and machines, and the social and industrial infrastructure needs to be in place to cater for that. and as can be seen from the history of the british empire and american expansion, business is war and conquest; the peace is the readying for that.