cant wait

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crinklebuttt

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Carer
I'm getting ATNs for free thru the VA! And I'm about to order a case of dry 24/7! Diapers all day and night here I come! Only downside is I'm living at a program for homeless vets that is set up like a college campus, so I have a roommate and have to keep everything super discreet. Messing is rarely an option except under perfect circumstances which is a bummer but I'm stoked!

Crinklebuttt said:
I'm getting ATNs for free thru the VA!

Awesome! How did they get involved? Are they prescribed for medical needs, or possibly therapeutic needs?

Heck, with the VA you already did wait.

It's looking like I'm about to try and go through the VA for my diapers too. (My tricare prime is being stingy). It was bad enough trying to get anything from them 20 years ago, and all I've heard is that they are way slower now. Not looking forward to this.

I am getting Molicare Super Plus through my VA. I was already going to try and get Dry 24/7 in the next few days. I have thought about trying to get the ABU LittlePawz through them cause not only am I IC but I'm an AB.

Sent using Tapatalk

I've told them I have nighttime icon due to my motorcycle accident, no major questions have been asked. I should try to get them to order dry 24/7 for me. When I went to pick up some tranquility smartcore briefs (cloth backed) they were out of stock and went on their computer to order more and I was like wait what about ATNs and they ordered those instead for me. Being I'm homeless/jobless/no insurance, they pay for everything so there are no co pays or insurance to mess it up for me. I need to ask about some plastic pants next time I get a chance (had a leak yesterday and had to run to my room for dry pants, hehe). Even if they find out I dont need them medically, I would be able to get a mental health doctor to clear them for me because they drop my PTSD symptoms significantly. If they cant get dry 24/7, I'll ask about molicare, thanks gadget. Although molicare and ATN are really close in quality IMO.

I'm not sure if they would do it for your PTSD but it could be an option to look into if needed.

Sent using Tapatalk

Crinklebuttt said:
I've told them I have nighttime icon due to my motorcycle accident, no major questions have been asked. I should try to get them to order dry 24/7 for me. When I went to pick up some tranquility smartcore briefs (cloth backed) they were out of stock and went on their computer to order more and I was like wait what about ATNs and they ordered those instead for me. Being I'm homeless/jobless/no insurance, they pay for everything so there are no co pays or insurance to mess it up for me. I need to ask about some plastic pants next time I get a chance (had a leak yesterday and had to run to my room for dry pants, hehe). Even if they find out I dont need them medically

Sounds like you know how to "work" the system. Any tips I can use too "trick" them into saving my leg? All they do is operate and mess it up more. But I'm glad you have your free diapers for non medical issue's. SMH.

jambi66441 said:
Sounds like you know how to "work" the system. Any tips I can use too "trick" them into saving my leg? All they do is operate and mess it up more. But I'm glad you have your free diapers for non medical issue's. SMH.

Sorry about your leg, I've met guys that go to civilian side doctors and the VA will pay for it but only under certain conditions, its worth looking into. Probably each VA med center has their own procedures, not sure where you are... hopefully not Philadelphia, I only hear bad things out of there. The VA is like rolling dice, you could get the worst care ever or really good care, not much consistency across the board I'm afraid :-( You gotta work that system as much as you can too, the money is there for us and we deserve it, if we don't use it they allocate it where it doesn't belong. My buddies that are Vietnam vets have been harassing the shit out of me for ten years to get my claim in and i just did a little over a month ago. I'm going back to college too, gonna get every fukn penny I can!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back