Booster pads = leaks?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lifetime

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
So I just got my first pack of Crinklz in and I also got some Tranquility booster pads in as well. This is my first time trying these diapers and my first time using boost pads as well. My first diaper took a small wetting and held the second wetting however leaked. The second diaper leaked on the first wetting. I'm tying a Crinklz now with no pad to see how it holds up.

I was wondering what everyone's thoughts are on these diapers. Also, is it possible that booster pads would cause some diapers to leak?

What is your experience with booster pads?

only ever wore the old version. My guess though would be the booster pad isn't fitting the standing guards properly and is letting liquid escape under the leg guards

rennecfox said:
only ever wore the old version. My guess though would be the booster pad isn't fitting the standing guards properly and is letting liquid escape under the leg guards

agree. That has happened to me

Booster pads absolutely can and will cause leaks. The pad effectively reduces the overall height of the leak guards when dry and continues to shrink them as the pad becomes saturated and swells. A pad is only really effective if used very slowly (if used too quickly your urine will run right off the pad and over the effectively shorter leak guards), or in a product that has substantially tall leak guards.

I kinda figured it was messing with the leak guards. How many of you use boosters anyways? And what diaper booster combo works best?

As far as the diaper goes the tapes have the grip strength of a newborn baby. Shame really cause it's cute.

I wear Northshore supreme medium with a large Northshore booster , never have had a problem with Leaks due to booster. Very comfy combo.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I use overnight pad with slashes in the back with cheaper diapers. Granted I tend to have gushes vs full on flooding.

I get full flooding and use a booster pad for overnight. I use a baby diaper that is significantly smaller than the space between my leak guards. This allows for a channel so the leak guards have somewhere to redirect the flow.

I've only ever used abena abri-let regular I've tried them in a few diapers and not had many issues basically just comfort. I've found that one inside of a idslip maxi makes one of the most perfect diapers so now they're pretty exclusive for that purpose.

Sent from my HTC Desire Eye using Tapatalk

I used to have leaks years ago but I now wear a cloth pull-up over the disposable ( with pin holes in the plastic backing for flow through) and have not had a leak in years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back