I need some quick help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Easton

Banned
Role
  1. Incontinent
So. I'll just be frank. So I recently started wetting the bed for the first time since I was a baby, and honestly my family isn't very supportive of my recent problem, I will be visiting a doc soon. Well basically my father (who is angry about the whole situation) threw 20$ at me and told me to fix the problem and then left the room... so I assume he wants me to buy pull ups or some crap. To avoid causing more problems for my family ill just do what i think he wants.. So here is my question, I think I have to buy *shudders* diapers.. but the thing is what do I buy? What ones are the most comfortable? I have a 32 inch waist if that helps.

Honestly I am shocked I have the courage to write this, but I am beat red from embarassment, it's so embarassing it actually phsyically hurts.

Now to be honest I'm actually 16. This is actually a real problem I'm facing and I really need help. I know I'm supposed to be 18 or whatever for this site, but it's the only one I found from Google and actually has active people, if you know a better site I can ask for help on please tell me.

1. See the doctor as soon as possible.
2. Ask your dad for guidance. If he's not cooperative, ask your mother. Your parents should help you manage at your age.

CheshireCat said:
1. See the doctor as soon as possible.
2. Ask your dad for guidance. If he's not cooperative, ask your mother. Your parents should help you manage at your age.

The problem is that I have, this happened today and it's happened 3 times in about 2 weeks, 2 of the incidents being this week, my parents both think I should solve my own problem, that's why I was given the money, my father wanted to make me solve the problem on my own, but my mother convinced him to give me the money, but they both think it's out of laziness, which honestly hurts/sucks to think they think I'm faking it all for some reason. But I have a doctor's appointment for Thursday during school, so hopefully I'll get an answer from the doc. But, I need to figure out what to do between now and then, I've already tried a few things like not drinking 2 hours or whatever before bed, I need to solve this because I don't want to know how angry my father will be if he finds out I didn't do anything with what he gave and I have another incident.

Easton said:
The problem is that I have, this happened today and it's happened 3 times in about 2 weeks, 2 of the incidents being this week, my parents both think I should solve my own problem, that's why I was given the money, my father wanted to make me solve the problem on my own, but my mother convinced him to give me the money, but they both think it's out of laziness, which honestly hurts/sucks to think they think I'm faking it all for some reason. But I have a doctor's appointment for Thursday during school, so hopefully I'll get an answer from the doc. But, I need to figure out what to do between now and then, I've already tried a few things like not drinking 2 hours or whatever before bed, I need to solve this because I don't want to know how angry my father will be if he finds out I didn't do anything with what he gave and I have another incident.

get an underpad and some prevail briefs in the mean time

Hi Easton,

You do need to be 18 for this forum... but I'll add my $0.02 here FWIW.

I'm gathering that you aren't as "difficult" with your parents as I was with mine. I don't normally advocate for being difficult, but I feel like you need to stand up for yourself a little more here. Your parents may claim to think that this is simply laziness, but that doesn't really make any sense, so I'm calling that out as BS. In fact, it seems like THEY are too lazy to care, hence the BS. If all they could do was (literally) throw money at you and instruct you to "fix the problem," I'd interpret that as having carte blanche to go about it in any way that seems appropriate to you, and your parents have no right to complain if it doesn't work. There have been good suggestions in the earlier comments.

Best of luck, and don't let this bother you! It's surprisingly common.

Saying I won't help you because you're two years younger that someone else is complete bs to me.

Go online and look for a medical supply store in your area. Don't be afraid to ask for help when you're there too. Get the best diapers you can find (which will likely cost more than $20 though).

You may want something thin and cheap, but this is the exact opposite you will need for in an overnight diaper. Trust me on this.

And good luck with your doctor's appointment.

no offense, but your father sounds like a real a-hole. You're 16, a minor. You need to see a doctor and your parents probably need to be involved in that.

**If this is a ruse, because you like wearing diapers, stop now and figure out a better way. The Doctor will order a battery of very invasive and uncomfortable tests that involve shoving things up your pee hole while female nurses look on/assist. I'm not suggesting this is a ruse, just offering fair warning. Also not trying to scare you. If you DO have a medical problem you simply need to man up and get through the tests to make sure you're ok.

Before any of the management advice below: SEE A DOCTOR! This is a MUST.

My incontinence started with sudden bedwetting. I don't know your whole story, but things like this aren't generally "fixed" for 20 bucks and when bedwetting starts in adulthood it's almost always linked to an underlying medical condition. You definitely need to see a doctor to rule out anything major, or start treatment if it is major.

If for no reason other than this, your parents should step up. While unlikely, you could be seeing early symptoms of a major health problem and your parents of all people should be supportive of that. if they don't know then YOU TELL THEM that bedwetting is a MEDICAL condition and may be linked to something more serious!

In my case, the bedwetting got worse and worse until I realized I needed to call the doctor. In the meantime I started wearing diapers to bed figuring it would be temporary and the doc would have a quick solution. I ended up have daytime urgency and leaks and now I'm pretty much in diapers 24/7. I have overactive bladder with urge incontinence. Luckily, besides being a nuisance and embarrassing, OAB isn't life threatening.

Hopefully, your cause is equally benign. And there's no reason to worry that the problem will progress to full incontinence. I'm just unlucky that way. If it stays as just bedwetting, the doc will likely want to try a few meds. One, DDAVP supposedly works wonders (didn't work for me) with vew minor side effects. It essentially just cuts your urine protection at night. If that doesn't work, maybe one of the many OAB meds will.

In the mean time, it's best to wear quality protection. None of the crappy diapers they sell at the local drug store or supermarket are up to the task. You need to order some premium diapers online. I like XP Medical and Northshore Care Supply. Buy heavy overnight diapers and you'll be fine. occaisional diaper leaks will still happen but for the most part you'll be keeping the bed dry. Also look into disposable or reusable underpads to catch anything in case your diaper leaks.

As someone who's wet the bed probably 350 out of the last 365 nights, I suggest trying Abena M4, Seni Quatro, Dry 24/7, or Northshore Supreme.

On the Northshore website, if you chat with a rep, they'll send you a free sample of 2 diapers. XP Medial used to sell 3 pack samples for like $6 but I don't see the option on the website anymore. I bet if you email them though, they'll work with you.

At 16, I'm assuming you have a part time job? While it sucks to use your money for diapers, unfortunately that's how you're going to have to manage this at least until the doctor can figure out the cause and offer an alternative treatment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back