Thread: Idea for wiki

Default Idea for wiki

I was thinking, since there are many different types of diapers with different Features we can have a page on Wiki, a table for example, where, for each type of diaper we use, we give him a vote from 1 to 5 for each features.

a table example could be:
    name cost thickness absorbency bulge design overall

x 3/5 4/5 4/5 2/5 2/5 3/5

in this thread we say our opinion about each diaper and in a week we'll write the page that will be updated every week.

If 2 or more people vote for the same diaper we make the average rating.

if somebody have other ideas Suggestions are welcome.

Tables are the one thing it is hard to do with wiki markup.

I think the way to generate them is with "||"s, like this :

I don't think the wiki supports automatically doing math, like a spreadsheet, but if you experiment with it and create a table with instructions for how other people can fill it in, the page might grow from there.

Try it?

Target_0, I've tested it out in the sandbox.

Note that the wiki cannot calculate averages, so each review of the same product will have its own row.

I think it will be troublesome to maintain as the table grows though.

I know it's a bit of a more basic solution, but you could make a 'list' page, with a list of diaper brands and an (internal) link to each page. That way you could have all of the brands listed at the same time, and might even encourage others to create a missing page, since the wiki will include links to pages that don't exist yet. Just a thought...

All of this mathematical stuff is making me sleepy...ZZZZZZZZZZZZ. :sleepy: