Tena active underwear, yuck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

LonelyFOX

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
  2. Other
Hi everyone!, finally I accepted to wear pull ups after being diagnosed with overactive bladder and I need to stay active for avoiding overweight. Damn winter makes me mad and when the days are quite sunny and little bit warm then I go out for walking and jogging such as to the gym.
Finally I found a solution for the gym, I tried the new depends silhouette in black and they look and feel more like normal underwear!.
(Everybody in the room didn't notice that I was wearing the depend silhouette!).
Now when I go out for walking I wear the Tena active underwear for women and no leaks when jogging, they absorb very well but all the urine goes all the way down of my underwear and I end up with a big lump between my legs, yuck!.
Then when I sit down for trying to spread the lump and it's useless.
Then I come back to home and my Tena active underwear it's deformed, I feel like it's gonna fall and splatt to the floor.
My question is if this is normal and how to adapt to this?.
Thanks.

Get a tight fitting onesie. The best form-fitting one I've found is XP Medical's "body suit" onesie. It's a tank-top that comes down to a bikini bottom with snaps. Order on the large side, they fit a bit small with a diaper on. But to that end they work great to hold up a wet diaper. Only wash warm/hot if you want it to shrink.

for comfortable underwear, I found depends and attends faired better then tena (also tena when I tried them while absorbent didn't have very good leg guards)..... avoid prevails and other generic underwear like the plague.

No!, onesies no! please no bambinod!.
I don't wanna feel crimped with an onesies and I don't wanna lost my favorite sports pants and my long sleeved shirt. I'm trying to adapt to the depend silhouette and Tena active underwear for women because I hate the always discreet underwear.
The Tena active underwear absorbs pretty well and I don't have any leaks, only a wet ball between my legs and I feel yuck.
Then when I asked at the health care store where the lady got them, they say that it's normal that my underwear deforms when absorbing the urine because is jellying and the Tena active underwear for women adequates to me for my physical activity for exercise pelvic muscles.
After walking and jogging at the park and walking back to the house with a wet, lumpy and yucky Tena it's too gross feeling the warm urine.

LonelyFOX said:
(Everybody in the room didn't notice that I was wearing the depend silhouette!).

You could have worn a thick diaper and no one would have noticed.

LonelyFOX said:
Now when I go out for walking I wear the Tena active underwear for women and no leaks when jogging, they absorb very well but all the urine goes all the way down of my underwear and I end up with a big lump between my legs, yuck!.

They are made for women. Try something for men instead.

Instead of a onesie, try some fix pants, like an abena fix pants. Same effect, but look like high backed underwear. The added benefits are, the look like whiteytighties, so no one would really know you are wearing a diaper if something peeks out.

LonelyFOX said:
I don't think so
eh? I routinely wear thicker diapers like dry24/7 or M4 under pants and no one has ever noticed. I'm sure you could get away with something middle of the road, e.g. abena M2, id slip, or the lighter weight northshore diaper.

Sure it might be slightly thicker, but a nice uniform thickness is still going to be less noticable than a big wet spot on your pants or a weird clump hanging down in the middle.

Really!?, in that case I'll buy fix pants and wear it for jogging and walking during the winter.
I wear the black depends at the gym and now I'm quite happy that there are new colors such as purple and black!.
I'll try the abena pants with the tena active underwear for preventing wet lumps between my legs.

I recently had to go through physical therapy for my knees. I went wearing a thick confidry, a onesie, and gym shorts.

After several visits this way, and with my therapist literally holding my waist as I did bending exercises (with my diaper loudly crinkling), she still had no idea I was diapered. Seriously!

After a while, my therapist wanted to try nerve stimulation along my spine. She wanted me to lift my shirt so she could get to my back. I told her I couldn't as I was wearing a onesie. She asked my why, and I was sure she already knew, so I told her it was to make sure my diaper wouldn't sag or get exposed. She was very surprised and clearly embarrassed too. She had no idea.

Seriously, people do not notice you're diapered.

Hi and thanks for the suggestion but I don't like the onesie on me and I don't like tab diapers, I feel kind of weakened, like an old or an special needs.😣
A couple of years ago I tried the tranquility diapers, they're very absorbent but It's too difficult to me when using the toilet and I can't pull them down and I'm trying to control my bladder. I feel yucky when I urinate the tena active underwear.

Try the pull-ups made by Wellness Briefs as well as the ones Abena make. I find those to be comfortable and of good quality.

Someone suggested a onesie above but you didn't like that idea which is fair. But alternative for you. The onesie is to keep the pull-up supported which will decrease leak likelihood. However, wearing some men's briefs over the pull-up will do the same and make it very unlikely for others to notice you're padded even if you have to be in just undies around them.

Just I wear the tena active underwear when getting outside for long walks and jogging for to stay active and I don't wanna gain weight being incontinent.
Also I need to attend the gym for pilates for to help my pelvic muscles even cycling and inline skating too! (I'm waiting for the spring for rollerblading!).
The tena active underwear isn't too bad when it's dry and when I have a chance I look for a place where to hide for take a quick leak!.
But the issue isn't the urine only, even all the sweating!. That's why I don't like tab diapers and plastic diapers because they cause me skin rash.
Thanks for the suggestion of using something over my tena active underwear.

LonelyFOX said:
Just I wear the tena active underwear when getting outside for long walks and jogging for to stay active and I don't wanna gain weight being incontinent.
Also I need to attend the gym for pilates for to help my pelvic muscles even cycling and inline skating too! (I'm waiting for the spring for rollerblading!).
The tena active underwear isn't too bad when it's dry and when I have a chance I look for a place where to hide for take a quick leak!.
But the issue isn't the urine only, even all the sweating!. That's why I don't like tab diapers and plastic diapers because they cause me skin rash.
Thanks for the suggestion of using something over my tena active underwear.

you may want to look at a pad and pant solution, there are some other options if it's just minor bladder leakage

Are you talking about using a pad inside of normal underwear!!!!!?????.😀

LonelyFOX said:
Are you talking about using a pad inside of normal underwear!!!!!?????.[emoji3]

Pad and pant use special pants. I'd suggest pull-ups inside men's briefs though if it's trickle incontinence.

I have overactive bladder issues and I want to know which types of men's briefs are you talking about.
Because would be better a pad inside of the pants and I could throw it easier than taking off sneakers and pants.

This makes a lot of sense. I've always had to scratch my head when someone says pullups are easier to change than tabbed style diapers. Sure they pull apart and are easy to take off, but you still have to remove your shoes and pants to put a new one one. Duh.

You should also look into pocket diapers if the pad and pant system proves to not be enough for you. They have a similar removable pad like what you're thinking of, but are constructed to handle moderately sized wettings.

As a plus, I find a pocket diaper without a pad makes a perfect swim diaper.

Hi and thanks for the tips but those pants are quite bigger for me, I'm being active and I'm waist size 29, 30. That's why I am using products for women >\\\\\\<. Unfortunately I'm switching back to Always Discreet underwear because they don't get lumpy.
Yesterday when I came back from walking I went with the lady to another town, it took like half an hour driving.
When the lady stopped at the gas station I went to the washroom and I noticed that my tena active underwear was very wet and I ended up with a big wet ball in my crotch, yuck!.
Then the lady handed me one pair of always discreet underwear lower rise!.
I don't like always discreet underwear because they are too feminine for me and I hate their purple printed bow!.
I'm gonna try a pad inside of the depends silhouettes for more absorbency.
The tena active underwear looks more for grandmas!!!!!!!!.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back